[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

Simpsonskh

Reaction score
Yup! Its auto recover that y i can surf continuously. In system log its just shown the error for one or two lines then after a few day shown again.
Maybe my error is different
"WAN connection : DNS probe failed (0/2)":s8:

I think u shot email they also don't border. 5G down so basic they also can't solve n keep on patching the holes

How can it not affect your daily usage when once the WAN is down, you can still surf meh?

If it's automatically recoverable then should be not a big issue, but truthfully it isn't.

I already shot email to tw liao..

Last edited:

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I'm kinda disappointed with Asus routers... last time use TP Link can last me many many years.. this AC88 I got from MR, within 2 months 5G network totally dead, went to service center the technician also puzzled, its like the 5G totally disappeared even after reset to default settings.. so they change 1-1 for me.. then now barely 2 months later 5G become like intermittent..

Honestly, pushing out a half bake expensive router to the mainstream. Yet still so many kumgong go choing for it. Even my toes are laughing.

Definitely a design flaw which even the firmware guys can't fix it. Sigh yet some still delusional to even admit it.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Updated my firmware from 3341 to 3941. Noticed a drop in my 5g, after that my wireless printer become offline. No matter what troubleshooting I do the printer remains offline. Decided to restore the firmware back to 3341 then everything's fine. My usual connection speed also went back to normal. shown in this pic is my 5g using Note4

b6r8sk.png

Last edited:

Simpsonskh

Reaction score
Y u updated to 3941 if 3341 is ok?

Updated my firmware from 3341 to 3941. Noticed a drop in my 5g, after that my wireless printer become offline. No matter what troubleshooting I do the printer remains offline. Decided to restore the firmware back to 3341 then everything's fine. My usual connection speed also went back to normal. shown in this pic is my 5g using Note4

b6r8sk.png

ravener

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently using 7266, all ok so far, no drops on my wifi that i notice.

anyone tried DD WRT drivers?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

b6r8sk.png

You confirm 3341 faster Ma, if faster I flash back :) hehehe

xiaorazor

Reaction score

b6r8sk.png

i also using 3341 but 5g drop randomly for both my phone and tablet

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.