iOs/Android Final Fantasy Record Keeper [JAP]

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Went to whack Ultimate & didn't bother to change my team roster so went with the same and recklessly won Ultimate+ as well.

Having the BSB of Cloud of Darkness certainly made things easier as most of the bosses attacks just got repelled to them. I just had to heal. Definitely one of the more underrated BSBs which I will incorporate to my team roster.

No guesses who I gave my MCIII to...:p

Moi again having problem with damage mitigation when doing the Ultimate+ content. :(

Moi got very poor FFIII and darkness synergy, so didn't have much to bring to the table for this fight. Try with following setup :

Lv99 Old man
Lv89 Ramza
Lv99 Onion Knight (suddenly saw his BSB gauntlet in moi inventory at first thought ish Ramza gauntlet one, can't even leecall when moi got it so decided to bring him along to pray pray)
Lv83 Cat Priest
Lv88 Keeper

When the boss HP >50% still manageable, after the magic break, shellga and wall, take around 1+K damage nia from it's meteor aoe. But when it's HP <50%, even though the break, shelllga and wall already renewed but seem to be taking a lot more AoE damage this time. And even though try to use banish strike to dispel but always not fast enough, ganna hit 2~3 times liao then managed to banish one time, but after that it haste itself again and again will ganna hit 2~3 times before can banish attack it. So cannot out heal at all and eventually ganna wipe. :(

RW moi think also bring wrong one. Thought bring an OP Sephiroth OSB sure can hit the boss jiak lark jiak lark. End up nearly smash HP when see he only hit that boss for 17K damage. :(

Onion knight BSB really that good meh? Moi felt like sux, his BSB ability like can't do damage to this ultimate+ boss one. Use the 4 phy hits ability ish only around 1K per hit nia (moi already boost his phy atk to over 500 but see the miserable 1K per hit total 4+K nia felt si pek sad), use the 4 magic hit one even worst, less than 500 per hit. His BSB supposed to boost allies attack by moderate amount but don't feel like got increase much. :(

Or maybe ish because of moi lacking in synergy armors? As moi res in average at low 200+ nia, only a few can get close to 300 res. So take lot of damage of the magic attack. Or maybe moi lack char with powerful dark attack. (like old man, his BSB 2nd ability the dark attack can do 2x9999, if got more char with dark attack maybe easier to down this boss)

Look like another bye bye to MCIII. :(

Mr_Leo

Reaction score
Moi again having problem with damage mitigation when doing the Ultimate+ content. :(

Moi got very poor FFIII and darkness synergy, so didn't have much to bring to the table for this fight. Try with following setup :

Lv99 Old man
Lv89 Ramza
Lv99 Onion Knight (suddenly saw his BSB gauntlet in moi inventory at first thought ish Ramza gauntlet one, can't even leecall when moi got it so decided to bring him along to pray pray)
Lv83 Cat Priest
Lv88 Keeper

Look like another bye bye to MCIII. :(

Maybe your team roster needs a bit of tweaking. Yshtola & Keeper can remain as your support and defense.

I usually set my Yshtola with Wrath & Shell, while Keeper Full Break & Curaise. Dr Mog & Mako Might Record Materia for both of them as well. That is currently my main healing team.

Xande is actually not weak to dark but you need to hit it 1 time if you want to be Champion. My mistake to bring in a potent dark team that went impotent. My Sephiroth also hit for like 30,000 for his OSB. :s13:

Not too sure what native SBs you got for your Onion Knight but his BSB is pretty useful since it buffs the entire team and haste is super useful too. Unfortunately, I don't have his BSB so I used Golbez as my tank instead.

See if you can switch Ramza with someone else, don't think he might be the best character for this fight. See if you got any other characters with a worthwhile BSB that you can bring to the fight.

Orlandu maybe can stay since he can use Banishing Strike & you have his OSB & BSB.

Lastly, maybe select another RW. Cid Raines BSB perhaps?

Last edited:

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi no have Mako Might yet mah, that si lan cloud die die no want give moi this. That why ish need two healers before cat priest build up enough Soul gauge to SB. :(

Cid Raines BSB RW kan si lan rare, in fact like never see anyone in the list so far. :(

If dark damage not important, think moi will switch out Ramza for Lightning (the only other char that moi has both OSB and BSB) and go for RW TGO OSB bah. Seem to always do a lot of damage as long as the boss not strong against holy\lightning. Also easier to find a TGO in RW list than others. (Cloud OSB ish the most common but always like doing $hit damage even against bosses with wind weakness that why nao seldom pick him liao)

lukestar

Reaction score
The FFIII Raid Dungeon Hein is a very frustrating one. Not the boss itself but the players who don't read and use physical attacks on him.

Had to attempt a few times to clear both 160 & 200 difficulties due to this oversight by players.

Got once, a player thought he stylo-milo unleashed his physical OSB, only to get the entire party confused and Hein Meteor us out. :vijayadmin:

Will attempt the FFIII 140, 160 & 180 difficulty later. I just want to obtain MCIII since my synergy in this realm ain't that strong.

??? Physical OSB trigger Confuse? I would have thought most SBs won't trigger counters.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Soulhacker seems to have so many godly relics but keep having trouble beating U+ :s22:

Onion knight BSB is one of the god-tier items ... it'll do you well to learn to use it. It's command2 (Swift Spell) is better than command1.

For the U+, I run Cid Mission so my team not that optimal although the boss went down really fast due to double-Mag Boost (C.Raines RW + O.K BSB)
just tweak it to include Wall, Healer BSB and a source of boost/hastga (Onion Knight BSB / Shout for Physical). but for your reference:
The important part is the Abilities/Skillset, and of course any useful BSB. Just swap out the characters for stronger ones.

1. Cloud of Darkness (my main DPS) w/ Memento Mori.
start with MM, then RW Cid Raines and Spam command1.

2. Ingus w/ Banishing Strike + Curaja (secondary healer if no need to dispel)

3. Onion Knight (for the BSB!) w/ Full Break + Wrath (end up did not use this at all).
Open battle with BSB, followed by Full Break, 2 turns of SwiftSpell, then back to Full Break. Continue this cycle

4. Desch w/ Magic Breakdown + Mental Breakdown.
Did not use his BSB at all. Just designated as support. Alternate between the 2 abilities.

5. Arc w/ Shellga + Curaja.
Full-time healer duty.

Last edited:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone needs Cid Raines RW can add my RW ... i will set it up until end of FF3 event.
Usually I will put up Wall, otherwise Cid Raines if U/U++ drops and boss is weak to it. Occasionally will put up O.K.

Friend Code = 9UMR

Mr_Leo

Reaction score
??? Physical OSB trigger Confuse? I would have thought most SBs won't trigger counters.

That was what happened. So one character was confused, then that confused guy hit Hien. Then another 3 more got confused. Soon all 8 were dizzy and that was the end of our multi-player journey. :s13:

Kind of funny though...:s13:

Mr_Leo

Reaction score
Onion knight BSB is one of the god-tier items ... it'll do you well to learn to use it. It's command2 (Swift Spell) is better than command1.

I don't have Onion Knight's BSB, neither do I have Cid Raines BSB.

So every time have to find other ways to slug it out with bosses. :s13:

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi team not many dps BSB lah, (all the BSB think one hand can count finished bah) just SSB got many, however when it come to damage mitigation always got problem. :(

So Onion knight ish best geared as mage unit rather than melee unit? Cause moi have been gearing him as melee all this while. :(

Moi Onion Knight like cannot use Full break or even breakdown skill. It seem to only be able to use support 3* nia. Part of the reason why moi keep going back to using Ramza as he ish the only support unit that moi managed to level up to date that ish able to use all teh 4* and 5* break skill. :(

lukestar

Reaction score
So Onion knight ish best geared as mage unit rather than melee unit? Cause moi have been gearing him as melee all this while. :(

Moi Onion Knight like cannot use Full break or even breakdown skill. It seem to only be able to use support 3* nia.

OK need OK motes to unlock all the 5* useful stuff. I do not have his BSB but I have Onion Slice and Blow...Back. Since both are only SSBs and I am stingy with my motes, I went for 5* support (since FFIII realm only has poor Ingus with 4* support).

With his BSB however, he is greatly optimized for mage build (5* BM).

Not sure if you know about OK motes, but you can farm them in the EXP dungeons in the FFIII events now.

lukestar

Reaction score
That was what happened. So one character was confused, then that confused guy hit Hien. Then another 3 more got confused. Soon all 8 were dizzy and that was the end of our multi-player journey. :s13:

Kind of funny though...:s13:

I feel you. As long as some crazy bugger went on physical, you can say bye bye liao.

It is still good to gear yourself with anti-confuse accessories since Hein can cast Confuse randomly as well. Having Tyro with Warder USB would be a super plus in this battle, since no Support guy can use Affliction Break on Hein without getting a counter-Confuse.

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK need OK motes to unlock all the 5* useful stuff. I do not have his BSB but I have Onion Slice and Blow...Back. Since both are only SSBs and I am stingy with my motes, I went for 5* support (since FFIII realm only has poor Ingus with 4* support).

With his BSB however, he is greatly optimized for mage build (5* BM).

Not sure if you know about OK motes, but you can farm them in the EXP dungeons in the FFIII events now.

OK motes? Think have some in the inventory but not sure how to use them. :(

Or need to complete 4* mote first then can use the OK motes? If so llst liao cause 4* mote moi always have difficulty farming (anything with >=160 difficulty moi team cannot handle :()

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't have Onion Knight's BSB, neither do I have Cid Raines BSB.

So every time have to find other ways to slug it out with bosses. :s13:

Your Golbez BSB can actually solo the troublesome ultimate (Hecatoncheir / Gaap).
Makes the gameplay more fun and interesting :D

lukestar

Reaction score
Your Golbez BSB can actually solo the troublesome ultimate (Hecatoncheir / Gaap).
Makes the gameplay more fun and interesting :D

I used Seymour BSB. Needless to say, it was a Pain-inflicting experience from Anima.

lukestar

Reaction score
OK motes? Think have some in the inventory but not sure how to use them. :(

Or need to complete 4* mote first then can use the OK motes? If so llst liao cause 4* mote moi always have difficulty farming (anything with >=160 difficulty moi team cannot handle :()

Yeah, you need 4* motes to unlock Viking for Support, and on top of that OK motes as well.

Actually nowadays if you have either Shout or SG/SS2, many D160 should be manageable. 4* motes can be obtained from Mote dungeons as well, which is something you should aim for as well, though I am unsure if you have beaten them.

I have SG and SS2, so often than not I use Shout or VoF as RW.

Janon

Reaction score
Hein is heinous - took many tries to clear him, some out of stupidity, others by sheer luck or lack thereof. Confuse half the team, then SG wears off, then 1 nuke and everyone eating dirt. Finally bring Relm for last stand and clear with slow and steady whacking.

In other news, JP MP for FF2 Emperor is really cheat mode. Cast haste on himself, cast AOE slow, cast AOE Dispel (2 turns per round), next round nuke you AOE Holy and AOE Meteor. Got Last Stand also cannot survive.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
If dark damage not important, think moi will switch out Ramza for Lightning (the only other char that moi has both OSB and BSB) and go for RW TGO OSB bah.

Xande is not weak to Darkness... but you will still want to stick to Dark and Non-Elem attacks because he resists: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Water, Holy, Bio

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
next event will give us 4 new Witch abilities.
Time to waste mythrils to expand inventory again... my inventory slots are :eek:

really hoarding too much... :s22:
418/425 Equipment slots
200/200 Vault slots
190/190 Abilities slots

Dunno how many mythrils used to expand the slots last time :s13:

Mr_Leo

Reaction score
next event will give us 4 new Witch abilities.
Time to waste mythrils to expand inventory again... my inventory slots are :eek:

really hoarding too much... :s22:
418/425 Equipment slots
200/200 Vault slots
190/190 Abilities slots

Dunno how many mythrils used to expand the slots last time :s13:

I use 1 Mythril on my Vault. Gave me 50 slots compared to using 1 Mythril that gives me extra 5 slots for my Equipment. Only troublesome thing is have to keep switching my weapons & armor in and out.

Abilities I don't hoard, only use those few so the rest can trash.

Mr_Leo

Reaction score
Hein is heinous - took many tries to clear him, some out of stupidity, others by sheer luck or lack thereof. Confuse half the team, then SG wears off, then 1 nuke and everyone eating dirt. Finally bring Relm for last stand and clear with slow and steady whacking.

I had some spare time so managed to find a good multi-player roster. Good team work and we defeated it with ease. This is only like my 3rd victory against this guy at 200 difficulty.

No prizes on guessing which duo I am playing...:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.