The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G1ptCxl.jpg

When temples closed up its balanced but when placed on table right side is higher.

I wonder why.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The original horn temples are quite straight but as can be seen from the pic i bent the ends with my bare hands till they curved. Took a heck of an effort. Had to bend almost 90 degree angles to make the shape stay. Thought it going break anytime but ended up strong like a baffalo. :p

By the way thats baffalo horns even the shop staff wont dare use brute strength :o

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm, the simplest reason I can think of at the moment is that it's been adjusted to fit you on your face and thus if it's balanced to fit on table then your face will not be fitting. Hard to achieve best of both worlds if our face is not symmetrical(which is the most common case).
Many a times I come across such cases whereby I receive a unbalanced frame and upon balancing it I realised on the customer face, it is tilted and thus after adjusting to sit well on his/her face, the frames does not sit balanced on table.
Some face might be half in and half out(bones structure) thus frames might be adjusted to suit those too, if default dispense to them, the outward side of the face will have the cheeks touching the frame.(slanted)

G1ptCxl.jpg

When temples closed up its balanced but when placed on table right side is higher.

I wonder why.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Your buffalo horn is icberlin one? Looks the the buffalo horn temple. Because I don't rmb Lindberg having buffalo horn Temples. And you diy bend the frame itself?! That's pretty courageous...

The original horn temples are quite straight but as can be seen from the pic i bent the ends with my bare hands till they curved. Took a heck of an effort. Had to bend almost 90 degree angles to make the shape stay. Thought it going break anytime but ended up strong like a baffalo. :p

By the way thats baffalo horns even the shop staff wont dare use brute strength :o

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your buffalo horn is icberlin one? Looks the the buffalo horn temple. Because I don't rmb Lindberg having buffalo horn Temples. And you diy bend the frame itself?! That's pretty courageous...

no la mine is titanium one. Icberlin uses stainless steel and hinge not so gd. S clip better. The baffalo temples quite thin so i bent them at such huge angle also think might break off but surprising quite elastic. I think maybe because thin and uses premium selected baffalo. If uses heat i think might have permanent crease lines like plastic.

No i didnt have my spec adjusted thats why i wonder why its imbalanced.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comes in the nicest box i ever seen in my life so far. Inside is velvet outside seems like a kind of wood i think. Reminds me of those coffin wood. :o

hDBz4bT.jpg

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
If never adjust, few possibilities is that when the lens is fitted on the frame, it could cause the shape to be bent slightly. Depending of the index of the lenses and the size/curve of the frame, might affect slightly.
Or just maybe it isn't adjusted that's why it's this way. Never try asking your optician/optom to adjust it for you? Seems like you are still comfortable with it?

no la mine is titanium one. Icberlin uses stainless steel and hinge not so gd. S clip better. The baffalo temples quite thin so i bent them at such huge angle also think might break off but surprising quite elastic. I think maybe because thin and uses premium selected baffalo. If uses heat i think might have permanent crease lines like plastic.

No i didnt have my spec adjusted thats why i wonder why its imbalanced.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Very nice for collection purpose. The New Lindberg collection cases also not bad😉 Arriving soon..
Newest horn series is the wooden/buffalo series.
Personally I feel the rim series of Lindberg looks really good and the ability to customise the Colours to your liking is pretty neat.

Comes in the nicest box i ever seen in my life so far. Inside is velvet outside seems like a kind of wood i think. Reminds me of those coffin wood. :o

hDBz4bT.jpg

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If never adjust, few possibilities is that when the lens is fitted on the frame, it could cause the shape to be bent slightly. Depending of the index of the lenses and the size/curve of the frame, might affect slightly.
Or just maybe it isn't adjusted that's why it's this way. Never try asking your optician/optom to adjust it for you? Seems like you are still comfortable with it?

Hmmm after buying it i didnt really wear because too loose and the shop staff ever told me horn cant adjust much so i kept inside drawer till recently took it out again and try adjusting myself. Because i think even opticians are afraid of bending horn temples. Kind of buyer remorse but i will still try to give it a few more shots and see how it goes. After i bend inwards myself the fit slightly better and lens quite heavy even though i used 1.67 nulex EP lens.

Yeah i think yur explanation most logical. Most likely due to lens fitting in which case there isnt much i can do abt it right??

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very nice for collection purpose. The New Lindberg collection cases also not bad😉 Arriving soon..
Newest horn series is the wooden/buffalo series.
Personally I feel the rim series of Lindberg looks really good and the ability to customise the Colours to your liking is pretty neat.

I remember in the past tagheuer has leather temples? Wonder how leather feels and maintenance wise and quality. Nowadays only seeing horns or carbon fibre which is also headache due to rigid cant adjust much.

rucker183

Reaction score
can bro and sis advise if the price is reasonable (Total lens cost 533)(nvr count the frame)
1.67 Transition Crizal Forte UV (RX)

Left:
SPH -800
CYL -100
Axis 5
VA 6.75

Right
SPH-850
CYL: 250
Axis 5
VA 6.24

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there any reason why the right eye is 6/24? Any ocular conditions and any extra test done e.g pinhole, amsler chart(dot at the center of a grid), Retinal scan/fundus photography?

can bro and sis advise if the price is reasonable (Total lens cost 533)(nvr count the frame)
1.67 Transition Crizal Forte UV (RX)

Left:
SPH -800
CYL -100
Axis 5
VA 6.75

Right
SPH-850
CYL: 250
Axis 5
VA 6.24

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Leather is quite delicate imo. Sweat will cause it to smell bad, if an impact is landed on the leather, there might be permanent marks. Once the leather has been stretched, very difficult to put back... there's good/bad points but as of now, I just feel the cons outweigh the pros more.

I remember in the past tagheuer has leather temples? Wonder how leather feels and maintenance wise and quality. Nowadays only seeing horns or carbon fibre which is also headache due to rigid cant adjust much.

rucker183

Reaction score
Hi, is there any reason why the right eye is 6/24? Any ocular conditions and any extra test done e.g pinhole, amsler chart(dot at the center of a grid), Retinal scan/fundus photography?

I do have lazy eye when I was young. now even thou both eye almost same degree my right side is way weaker than my left.

not that I know of. just the machine measuring degree and the word reading plus lens fitting test

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Need to adjust the temple tips, nose pads and frame front(slightly since it's horn). How does it fit on you? Are the temple tips in skin contact with your head? And the nosepad sitting? Will show you an example of a good fit later.

Mine doesn't slide at all.. adjustment very impt.

U are ok with frame keep dropping off?
Lindberg i try before no grip leh.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to adjust the temple tips, nose pads and frame front(slightly since it's horn). How does it fit on you? Are the temple tips in skin contact with your head? And the nosepad sitting? Will show you an example of a good fit later.

Mine doesn't slide at all.. adjustment very impt.

Oh i see.. Sounds like master in adjustment. My face very odd shape combined with oily and fat broad skull quite hard not to slide.

Initially temple tips not in contact with mastoid area so i bent till touch. Nosepads sitting high on nose.

Lindberg so good huh maybe next time can consider. I saw the horn rim quite nice but round shape may not suit me. Went to a few shops all say they dont take horn ones. :o

I think sg really no market no demand for upmarket specs. Only got demand for luxury watches or cars.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha, check out the Lindberg website. They will let you know the places which sells horn.

Oh i see.. Sounds like master in adjustment. My face very odd shape combined with oily and fat broad skull quite hard not to slide.

Initially temple tips not in contact with mastoid area so i bent till touch. Nosepads sitting high on nose.

Lindberg so good huh maybe next time can consider. I saw the horn rim quite nice but round shape may not suit me. Went to a few shops all say they dont take horn ones. :o

I think sg really no market no demand for upmarket specs. Only got demand for luxury watches or cars.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.