2017 Feb BTO Punggol - Northshore Cove & Waterway Sunrise II

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so those units taken up first would probably be balcony units>high floor facing water>facing water...

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
163 -> 155 -> 161 -> 153 -> 157 in order of my personal preference.

155 for less road noise but 163 for park.

but for park, there is a small TNC say still can change. skally change to another BTO scheme, means view blocked:s13:

mycirclebox

Reaction score
Waterway Sunrise 2

Hey, what do you guys think of stack 166 and 86? west sun? wind? any input is greatly appreciated! I am also should i be concerned about the refused chute?

Last edited:

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, what do you guys think of stack 166 and 86? west sun? wind? any input is greatly appreciated! I am also should i be concerned about the refused chute?
Can see why they oriented 166 like this so they at least get some views instead of facing an opposite unit. But overall the facing is not very ideal, it is not as bad as a unit facing the west directly, but you will be getting some west sun in return for unhindered views of the waterway since Waterway Pri is in front. Sadly, the facing of the service yard also means no sun will shine directly into it since 164 is blocking its path. Getting out is convenient since the block is near the bus stop. The refuse chute is actually beside 164 so no worries on your end, there shouldn't be any openings from 166 towards the chute.

86 is a better bet if you can secure a unit from level 8 or 9 onwards that would rise above the 6 storey stack housing 116 to 130, otherwise you just get a view of 128 and 130 (albeit at a distance). It is pretty far from the bus stop, playgrounds, shops/supermarkets and eating house so things are quieter but less accessible. It is near a drop off porch but you won't be facing it. Refuse chutes are far away and no openings towards that end are expected. Expect little to no sun with the 2R cluster that the service yard faces blocking sunshine.

shahshady

Reaction score
I am queueing for 5room in northshore cove.

My queue no is 95/170

There are 65 balacony units.

Will I able to get a balcony unit?
If factor in avg dropouts rate, will I able to get a balcony unit?

Northshore

Reaction score
I am queueing for 5room in northshore cove.

My queue no is 95/170

There are 65 balacony units.

Will I able to get a balcony unit?
If factor in avg dropouts rate, will I able to get a balcony unit?

Will you consider Low lvl balcony units or units with balconies that can be viewed from roof garden?

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
not good idea but it's still worth to consider since the view would be nice.

omg, suddenly thought of the 5rm unit of WS1 with unit no 08-888. mid floor balcony unit facing the water.

iphone1s

Reaction score
As long as I get 5 room with balcony in northshore cove, will do for me.

I think you need to do a detailed analysis yourself based on the needs of your family.

Many friends told me that they would like to have balconies so that they could have tea and play a guitar, or one of the rooms to turn into a corporate office.

Take a walk down roads that build condominiums. You will see that you are paying so much more for a place to do your laundry. A room used for office? Ending up with a gym bench and whatever not - junkie room.

I am not discouraging you and this is my own opinion. I would think short and long term for my family needs. Not whether its high floor or balcony that looks cool, feels cool. Its a needs based decision that I know it will affect my family in the future.

I am sure you have received the packaged in myHDB. I do not know if you have kids or planning to have kids. The moment you decide that you need grills due to your kids safety, you are limited to the options stated in the brochure. It could potentially looks horrendous for you who have spent a bomb to make your home and balcony looking like a billion bucks.

Think carefully. Weigh your options and put your family needs first.

Peace

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
different people with different perspective.

probably punggol shall not even be considered a place to stay for it's inconvenience to the central if I were to put my family needs as a priority.
eg, going to dhoby ghaut from the doorstep takes 45mins. instead of maybe 15mins in the central.

but can't help it since luck plays a big part in getting a centralized BTO too.

and its always the balcony units that get snapped up before high floor ones.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
different people with different perspective.

probably punggol shall not even be considered a place to stay for it's inconvenience to the central if I were to put my family needs as a priority.
eg, going to dhoby ghaut from the doorstep takes 45mins. instead of maybe 15mins in the central.

but can't help it since luck plays a big part in getting a centralized BTO too.

and its always the balcony units that get snapped up before high floor ones.

It always amazes me how people staying in Hong Kong, New Territories get to work in Hong Kong Island by bus within 40mins. I mostly fly to Hong Kong for work and that's what my colleagues told me.

Properties there however is on a different price point even in New Territories.

Northshore

Reaction score
I feel the advice iphone1s gave is very sincere and good.
It's so true balconies are not put up to good use. You can see those balconies used for drying laundries , for parking bicycles or scooters etc. Very seldom I see people sitting on hdb balcony given the space is not too big too.
But with all said, if I'm given a choice, I would choose balcony unit too. Hehehe

iphone1s

Reaction score
shahshady, seriously weigh your options.

If not u will be missing out on a good number if the next few numbers are sucky. Think about your family/future family first.

Reaction score
balcony units r very hard to get unless you are very lucky to be the first few to choose during selection.

somemore not all BTO have balcony units. so you may need to wait for one that has. and even if that BTO have, it may not be the area you like.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
would you choose a balcony unit if the floor area is no different with a standard one? eg,93sqm include balcony.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.