Linksys Velop - WiFi that sets you free

toyknight

Deluxe Member
Reaction score

hj_dragon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can a four room flat 95sq ft or a double storey masionette which is less than 2000sq ft uses only one velop?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can a four room flat 95sq ft or a double storey masionette which is less than 2000sq ft uses only one velop?

Well i suppose you can use only 1 velop, but whats the point of using just one when you pay so much for the product? 1 node is 300+ dollars i think.. :D

Velop works best with at least 2 nodes in a double storey house.. :D

hj_dragon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well i suppose you can use only 1 velop, but whats the point of using just one when you pay so much for the product? 1 node is 300+ dollars i think.. :D

Velop works best with at least 2 nodes in a double storey house.. :D

Can the only node after setup be place at 2nd floor after setup? If one node can cover 2000sq ft why should I buy one more if my house is 95sq ft or two storey only less than 500 sq ft?

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is based on ideal testing environment with no obstacles and under lab conditions. Different houses will have different coverage limitation as none of our houses are decorated alike right?

If you live in big house and you have alot of mirrors, metallic structures, brick walls, all these will alter the signal coverage leh..

I don't know how tall is your ceiling and where you intend to place, but generally if wireless doesn't work then you go via ethernet backhaul, which will work in this case as it's used to overcome the wireless limitation.

Anyway, if u choose to only buy one node, that node has to be connected to your router or else it won't work..

Perhaps you can read up on velop and other mesh systems. Mesh systems don't work by one node, you'll save more if you get an access point instead.. :D

Can the only node after setup be place at 2nd floor after setup? If one node can cover 2000sq ft why should I buy one more if my house is 95sq ft or two storey only less than 500 sq ft?

toyknight

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I wonder such setup will work for the ethernet backhaul?
Parent Node to Switch, Switch to Child Node 1 and Switch to Child Node 2.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
The casing so many urgly holes? Are those really through-holes for ventilation?

JustDoLor

Reaction score
"Surprising results." .... meaning Arties beats them all !?:s22:

orbi ac3000
1733 (backhaul) + 866 + 400
350sq.m (~3700 sq.ft)

orbit ac2200 (Is this available in Singapore currently?)
867 + 867 + 400
RBK40: 250sq.m ~2700sq.ft
RBK30: 200sq.m ~2100sq.ft

Velop ac2200

867 + 867 + 400
2000 sq.ft

Arties ac1600(?)
1300 + 300
?? sq.ft

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
This Velop looks promising indeed. Able to use wired backhaul is definitly a plus since most new homes are already wired.

Seamless switching between the node on your device, another plus points.

Consider to get this after June.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
If my home is wired, and I know how to play with router/APs settings, and can do DIY, my preference will be to use router + APs and configure the setup for wifi roaming.

This Velop looks promising indeed. Able to use wired backhaul is definitly a plus since most new homes are already wired.

Seamless switching between the node on your device, another plus points.

Consider to get this after June.

marshy

Reaction score
For use in a 5 room HDB, would it be an overkill to use 3 nodes?
Would 2 nodes system be more than sufficient?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.