The Perfume Thread

Hakaima

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One word: Don't
It's a sweet minty frag which in our weather and if you sweat will engulf the office.
use Pour Homme or YSL Lhomme or Prada LHomme or Bleu de Channel or Aventus.
More people pleasing and soft
Versace Eros is a clubbing scent, definitely not safe for office
Mmmm... Thanks. Currently using boss bottled intense and was thinking to changing to something else as the bottle is finishing

Sent from The Depth Of My Bowels using GAGT

starlike

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u will be safe with versace pour homme, versace man fraiche, versace dylan blue, but definitely not eros haha.

gascon7

Reaction score
u will be safe with versace pour homme, versace man fraiche, versace dylan blue, but definitely not eros haha.
2nd it.

However if you want to get creative by all means go for a different kind of fragrance just not sweet over powering fragrance. If you're a manager you can go for Aventus or a stronger fresh fragrance. Maybe even Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Creed GIT etc. And if you're Senior Management then go even higher end niche.
And if you are indeed Senior Management, let me know. I know this fragrance consultancy is impressive and I have more skills I can apply to your company. :)

mach0men

Banned
Reaction score
2nd it.

However if you want to get creative by all means go for a different kind of fragrance just not sweet over powering fragrance. If you're a manager you can go for Aventus or a stronger fresh fragrance. Maybe even Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Creed GIT etc. And if you're Senior Management then go even higher end niche.
And if you are indeed Senior Management, let me know. I know this fragrance consultancy is impressive and I have more skills I can apply to your company. :)
Hahahahaha. Didn't know applying perfume also need to consult professionals.

Nice joke to start a day.

Btw I'm a toilet cleaner. Can I use perfume too?

starlike

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normal what, diff perfume gives off diff feel. some is more suitable for suit and tie etc

mach0men

Banned
Reaction score
normal what, diff perfume gives off diff feel. some is more suitable for suit and tie etc
Never disagree on that. But do u need to go to a self proclaimed perfume consultant to wear a perfume regardless whether it suits you or not?

m/mink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha. Didn't know applying perfume also need to consult professionals.

Nice joke to start a day.

Btw I'm a toilet cleaner. Can I use perfume too?

A "perfume consultant" is like an independent advisor who knows brands and range far beyond what the average sales assistant knows. They are not tied to a particular brand or a limited range. The experience is totally different from that SA purring you on to buy whatever stocks she has. But given the setup here, only Sephora can do that..

I came across people like that overseas but not here, basically they have a huge range of niche and exclusive mainstream perfumes in their store and they would even recommend fragrance beyond what they carry. You let them know what you like, what you wear and from there, they will recommend up to 5/6 options from various brands accordingly. It's part of their superb service and I've fallen prey to many bottles I didn't know of but love them because of that .... but unfortunately, most of the fragrances are suitable for cold countries which I can't really wear over here now.

I'm quite apathetic to the type of SA we have here who are only concern about you picking the right gender fragrance and shoving whatever limited range they have at your face and hoping you would like and buy one of them.

Last edited:

gascon7

Reaction score
Never disagree on that. But do u need to go to a self proclaimed perfume consultant to wear a perfume regardless whether it suits you or not?
Lol applying for management consultant based on my analytical skills. Fragrance consultant cant earn big money and sg is expensive.

grizzly76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Chanel counter at Isetan Nex and Perfume Bar (Ppl's Park) were both retailing Bleu EDP at $128...

Just to check with you guys, currently where's the best place/price to get Chanel BDC EDP?

Airport DFS is about $150 for the 100ml, wondering any local cheaper perfume shop selling cheaper and legit ones?

starlike

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chanel bought from places other than Chanel itself can't guarantee authenticity. It's a risk. It's one brand which I rather get from Chanel itself.
Agreed, all my chanels I bought from their boutique

Shiro MS08th

Reaction score
Chanel bought from places other than Chanel itself can't guarantee authenticity. It's a risk. It's one brand which I rather get from Chanel itself.

Agreed, all my chanels I bought from their boutique

IIRC, Chanel counter at Isetan Nex and Perfume Bar (Ppl's Park) were both retailing Bleu EDP at $128...

Ok thanks for the info!
Will get from Chanel counter in Isetan then, since it's selling cheaper than airport DFS (no idea why airport DFS is more expensive).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.