Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

laksafan

Reaction score
overhaul in terms of engine?

engine overhaul doesn't include changing of fluids or timing belt (if any)..

ask to see the bottle of oil lor... or stand there and see them pouring ur oil in

turtle oil go giant n see

amk ntuc Also have check carlube oil as well at amk ntuc if u are there

I see, I did an overhaul for my car when I renewed coe cost 700 bucks.

Wah turtle oil so cheap, thanks Zhu tou.

How to check if mechanic really do engine oil ah?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, I did an overhaul for my car when I renewed coe cost 700 bucks.

Wah turtle oil so cheap, thanks Zhu tou.

How to check if mechanic really do engine oil ah?
If u go reputable or ur regular trusted workshop, no need to check, they will change, u can go la kopi
If u are testing for new workshop, stay there and watch lor
Oil change 15 mins settled

Standard, they hoist up ur car, drain out the old oil
Then change oil filter and pour in new oil
Thats all
If they do funny things on ur car, u can see de

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

berney

Reaction score
After reading the wisdom from this thread.
My servicing should cost 66sgd instead of usual 118 SGD

1)Pennzoil HPZ-37 Oil FIlter - 9.90
( Little red car online )
2) shell hylux ultra 5w 40- 35.90
( Qoo10)
3) labour 20.

My car coe Suzuki swift. If got even cheaper oil let me know, hehe..Need to save money for toddler boy education .Thanks sanchin though I will skip the one ws one at 48 SGD as my whole life is getting scammed and bullied, I paranoid Liao.

How to check oil change really done ? Check dip stick before and after?

How to check oil filter really done?

Oil filter must change how often ?

Mechanic say I forgo the 25 or 33 point check as it is free if do with 118sgd. But this one I can't check if they do or not so I say don't want. Is it wise?

Can go acma engineering, $50 only, inclusive of wiper and car wash. I did my servicing there before when im still driving glx. Not pushy at all, can try. Best part is waiting room have aircon and massage chair :s13::s13:

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wat is diff btw 50w30 very 50v40 etc....

last service was at ACMA (zoolong).see attached.

eLXEyt2l.jpg

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wat is diff btw 50w30 very 50v40 etc....

last service was at ACMA (zoolong).see attached.

eLXEyt2l.jpg

Always ignore the digits in front of the W, it's only meant for countries with winter although some smart Alec will tell you your engine will be freezing cold around minus 5 degrees after leaving it in the car park(Singapore) for 10 hrs.

The other 2 digits are the viscosity ~ layman terms means thickness of the oil. The higher the number the thicker it is.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT

sgdividends

Reaction score
Wah how come acma got butter biscuit and dove soap and additional packets wet tissue!! So fierce..

Really win Liao loh

Now I confuse ..Seems very cheap

Description

The package come with:
4 ltrs Fully synthetic oil 5w40
1 x Engine Oil filter
1 X Engine Flush (WILLIAMS)
1 x Engine Care & Protect (GAT)
15 point checks

**Free Service**
Exterior washing
Interior vaccum
Replace Side light bulb, Tail light bulb, Brake light bulb and Reverse light bulb.
Enjoy our Complimentary Cold Soft Drinks and Hot Beverages

** Free Gift **
1 Pair of Bosch wiper blades
1 Bottle of Dove Hand Wash
2 Sachet of Asepso Body Wash
1 Packet of Glade Air Freshener
1 Roll of Non Slip Mat 30cm x 125cm
1 Tin of Danish Butter Cookies

Last edited:

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
acma use ulu brand oil
if u are ok with it then can go ahead lor

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro laksafan, do you know what brands of tires ah yuan's shop carry? I know ys don't carry many tires so I usually buy from the shop further down. Looking for ps3 actually.

laksafan

Reaction score
Bro laksafan, do you know what brands of tires ah yuan's shop carry? I know ys don't carry many tires so I usually buy from the shop further down. Looking for ps3 actually.

yuan carry bridgestone, yokohama, Michelin,proxy, kumho and a few others. His shop bigger than YS and have a special corner for rims and tyres I believe. i heard ah yuan is doing bigger business than YS, alot of sg cars going there now... some are regulars and some word of mouth. he brought one ex YS staff with him... think the ex partner of YS ah chen also know as long would be stress, hope they up the standards and toilets conditions

Ah Soon is now the main in charge of YS. He is quite good also.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
yuan carry bridgestone, yokohama, Michelin,proxy, kumho and a few others. His shop bigger than YS and have a special corner for rims and tyres I believe. i heard ah yuan is doing bigger business than YS, alot of sg cars going there now... some are regulars and some word of mouth. he brought one ex YS staff with him... think the ex partner of YS ah chen also know as long would be stress, hope they up the standards and toilets conditions

Ah Soon is now the main in charge of YS. He is quite good also.

No wonder i went to change oil at YS, ah chen never charge me labor for oil change. I brought my own oil and filter but i got from them air filter, cabin filter and replace ac blower motor.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now ps4 also quite cheap. some shops carries MIT ones :o

No wonder i went to change oil at YS, ah chen never charge me labor for oil change. I brought my own oil and filter but i got from them air filter, cabin filter and replace ac blower motor.
where's this YS? maybe got time go ask him check some funny sound coming from steering wheel.

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
If you want to change your transmission fluid, make sure you get the one suitable for your transmission not just any transmission fluid.

I have check my honda operating manual...it did not indicate which brand of transmission fluid to go for...it only mentioned "always use genuine Honda CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) Fluid".

any advise on this?
I should go Honda service center and purchase this CVT Fluid and bring to JB for the fluid replacement?
Or most workshop should have this if I requested for it?

weeza77

Reaction score
I have check my honda operating manual...it did not indicate which brand of transmission fluid to go for...it only mentioned "always use genuine Honda CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) Fluid".

any advise on this?
I should go Honda service center and purchase this CVT Fluid and bring to JB for the fluid replacement?
Or most workshop should have this if I requested for it?

Try asking Ming Ghee.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
now ps4 also quite cheap. some shops carries MIT ones :o

where's this YS? maybe got time go ask him check some funny sound coming from steering wheel.

PS4 16" and above . Mine only 15". See the past few post by bro laksafan. He has a detailed listing of workshops. YS included. What car are you driving? Clicking sound or knocking sound?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.