The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
The recent "innovations" were primarily geared towards the comb back/pompadour type of hairstyle, be it dry or wet look, which has already been popular for several years.

IMHO, think there needs to be a new popular hairstyle to "drive" a new product.
Sup hair bros.

Think that the next haircut trend will be to go short, cropped and textured, with either a blunted fringe or with short bangs. Maybe even with color / highlights to bring out even more texture.

Here are some pics for reference:

1. Blended sides

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMe7Wa_jkzr/

2. Tapered sides with blunt fringe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMuUCA1D-Y8/

3. With color

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKvyNxFjHTC/

Current hair mostly resembles 1st pic now, but I style it even more messy/ spikey on purpose - some of my friends have commented it looks a bit like short anime hair. Really liking this look right now. It's super convenient, all you need is sea salt spray sometimes.

Planning to color it like the 3rd pic in end May right after Reservist.

Unfortunately, for this style there isn't a need for a new product. Any kind of decent holding power wax/clay will do LOL.

I would say this will be popular in the mainstream crowd by 2018. Count on it. :)

nichsong

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong Advertising is prohibited here bro. Might wana take note of that!

Truefitt & Hill pomades

Gracing its heritage for more than two centuries, exemplifying its time-honoured excellence where using one is a priviledge in itself.

Truefitt & Hill is the oldest barbershop in the world, as certified by Guinness Book of World Records in April 2000. Truefitt was established in 1805 by William Francis Truefitt. Truefitt styled himself as hairdresser to the British Royal Court and the firm received their first Royal Warrant from King George III.

Famous clients include the British Royal Family, Members of visiting Royal Households, business leaders, Members of Parliament, Frank Sinatra, Winston Churchill, Charles Dickens, John Wayne, Various Ambassadors and the diplomatic service and visiting dignitaries. Today, Truefitt & Hill holds a Royal Warrant by appointment to the Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hervaux Singapore

Reaction score
Dear Mr Nichsong,

Thank you for your advice. Hervaux will refrain from advertising in here.

However, from time to time, we would like to share our new collection of pomades with members of HWZ here.

Once again thank you for all the support and we look forward serving you for many years to come.

Warmest Regards,
Dave

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr Nichsong,

However, from time to time, we would like to share our new collection of pomades with members of HWZ here.

Once again thank you for all the support and we look forward serving you for many years to come.

Warmest Regards,
Dave
Your name and logo are all inviting infractions esp if your competitors who are also on this forum decide to report you.

Post as a person not as a company.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
i don't see him being the only one who advertise here though. i don't have to name the others lol

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i don't see him being the only one who advertise here though. i don't have to name the others lol
Lol I know what you mean. But even if they are no less aggressive they toe the line whilst doing it whereas this gentleman damn blatant leh.

Many other new companies like to come here with the same pattern and run afoul of the ban hammer.

nichsong

Reaction score
Hahaha super not used to the formal tone, feels like cust svc. The culture here is usually pretty chill! Yeap like what the others have mentioned, its more of a place for discussion.

- "However, from time to time, we would like to share our new collection of pomades with members of HWZ here."

Cool man, it's an open space for all. But like the others have mentioned.. sometimes the lines between what is/isn't advertising is a little blurred. As long as no rules are broken I guess. Thanks for sharing!

Dear Mr Nichsong,

Warmest Regards,
Dave

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sup hair bros.

Think that the next haircut trend will be to go short, cropped and textured, with either a blunted fringe or with short bangs. Maybe even with color / highlights to bring out even more texture.

Here are some pics for reference:

1. Blended sides

2. Tapered sides with blunt fringe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMuUCA1D-Y8/

3. With color

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKvyNxFjHTC/

Current hair mostly resembles 1st pic now, but I style it even more messy/ spikey on purpose - some of my friends have commented it looks a bit like short anime hair. Really liking this look right now. It's super convenient, all you need is sea salt spray sometimes.

Planning to color it like the 3rd pic in end May right after Reservist.

Unfortunately, for this style there isn't a need for a new product. Any kind of decent holding power wax/clay will do LOL.

I would say this will be popular in the mainstream crowd by 2018. Count on it. :)

Oh well, it's hard to say but I wouldn't be optimistic about that. Mainly because this hairstyle doesn't really go well with the "professional" look. While it may take over the popularity of other hairstyles, they largely fall into the casual category.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the market for a new product and would like some recommendations. Anyone know of a product with slightly more shine but weaker hold than Silver Fox?

Not that I tried SF before, but K Clay is something that you like to consider bro.
K clay comes w slight shine, very natural look with usage and light weight. Hold is moderate, but very easy to apply. Not the kind of spiky or anti gravity defying hairstyles, but that of a casual and natural hairstyle.

http://theprettyjerk.com/product/k-clay-hard-floral-har-clay-85g

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good finishing hair spray with low shine and strong hold? :D

Probably not the most ideal option, but you can consider Korial Finishing Hairspray. The selling point for korial hairspray is on its high hold (stronger than powerpoint hairspray). In fact, its even stronger than EBL hairspray too. Korial doesn't produce white flakes, and there is no stickiness on the hair as well. However, it is good to use korial hairspray from a distance away though, otherwise it may end up freezing the hair too much.

The downside about Korial is its slightly higher price point as it is from Korea. Scent-wise for korial is a very mild fragrance, suited for both guys and ladies.

Korial-Fixing-Hairspray-400ml.jpg

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not that I tried SF before, but K Clay is something that you like to consider bro.
K clay comes w slight shine, very natural look with usage and light weight. Hold is moderate, but very easy to apply. Not the kind of spiky or anti gravity defying hairstyles, but that of a casual and natural hairstyle.

http://theprettyjerk.com/product/k-clay-hard-floral-har-clay-85g
Have you tried BB before? How does it compare to 60proof?

Will be high on my list of next purchase!

dj_flame

Reaction score
Oh well, it's hard to say but I wouldn't be optimistic about that. Mainly because this hairstyle doesn't really go well with the "professional" look. While it may take over the popularity of other hairstyles, they largely fall into the casual category.
Hmm depends. The hairstyle is short enough that it can pass most corporate HR policies.

Keep in mind though that I work in the media industry. Rules can be flouted e.g. I wear a hoop earring to client meetings

Let me take a picture of my "business" haircut tomorrow. :s13:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm depends. The hairstyle is short enough that it can pass most corporate HR policies.

Keep in mind though that I work in the media industry. Rules can be flouted e.g. I wear a hoop earring to client meetings

Agencies do not equal typical "corporate" leh.

All the agencies anyhow dress one. Anything also goes but really out of place in a traditional corporate environment.

excpro

Reaction score
Probably not the most ideal option, but you can consider Korial Finishing Hairspray. The selling point for korial hairspray is on its high hold (stronger than powerpoint hairspray). In fact, its even stronger than EBL hairspray too. Korial doesn't produce white flakes, and there is no stickiness on the hair as well. However, it is good to use korial hairspray from a distance away though, otherwise it may end up freezing the hair too much.

The downside about Korial is its slightly higher price point as it is from Korea. Scent-wise for korial is a very mild fragrance, suited for both guys and ladies.

Korial-Fixing-Hairspray-400ml.jpg

Phew! Thanks man! Any idea where I can get one?

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Waiting for your yandao pic!

Anyway I do agree with LJH. This hairstyle is difficult to carry off in an office environment from an image perspective. In fact it has always been around but never mainstream, which I would hazard a guess, is something that you view favourably.

Setting the office issue aside, a few more points that makes this style harder to go main stream, IMHO:
1. Works with rather specific face shapes. Takes a pixie face to carry such style.
2. Man-boy image of the hairstyle. Hard to go mainstream for over 30s unless you are a celeb or creative type guy.
3. Requires a "neither here nor there" hair length - frequent upkeep and more challenging for non-optimal hair type (stubborn hair, fine hair)

Interesting thing would be to see how this style could evolve with some tweaks to look more mainstream and perhaps your prophecy may hold!

Products wise if this style becomes as huge as comb back/pompadour, I think pomades will be shown the back door.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Current hair. Styled with sea salt spray and a bit of DB clay pomade.

26Apr2017_zpswgqdes6h.jpg~original

Keeping it this short now that I'm headed for reservist soon.

Will be growing out the length, especially on the sides, and adding ash grey highlights on the top - this will definitely be a dramatic look :s13:

Wouldn't be that long though, max length will be something like

Using this pic for color reference:
5115f31cb4051c06fc783759980673d4.jpg

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current hair. Styled with sea salt spray and a bit of DB clay pomade.

26Apr2017_zpswgqdes6h.jpg~original

Keeping it this short now that I'm headed for reservist soon.

Will be growing out the length, especially on the sides, and adding ash grey highlights on the top - this will definitely be a dramatic look :s13:

Wouldn't be that long though, max length will be something like

Using this pic for color reference:
5115f31cb4051c06fc783759980673d4.jpg

Current hair is definitely more office-friendly-looking than the earlier examples provided.

The reference pic hairstyle probably requires AMDK genes hair type or a perm to achieve though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.