SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

haodede

Reaction score
I don't think I can pass this window. If I opt for 10 session IPT, do I still need to go for IPPT and RT?

windbell

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 19 RT sessions to clear cos I took 1 IPPT last year, will my 19th session be RT or IPPT?

Calander

Reaction score
Can you further explain what is IPT-IPPT? Thanks!

it is an IPPT based on IPT timing.. it is ur responsibility to ensure the 1st and 10th session is a "test" session. Meaning that when u choose your session, it must not have the words "(No Test)".

if u need further clarification, check with the FCC during your in-pro.

tranzort08

Reaction score
Service pay for IPT

Hi, just to check, will there be service pay for IPT?

According to here (ttp://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/nsmen-get-take-charge-own-fitness-training), it says <those who sign up and attend supervised IPT classes will be given "service pay" to "recognise the time and effort spent coming for an SAF-sanctioned activity">.

However in the NS portal, it says <As participation in IPT is voluntary, the attendance will not be counted towards the annual NS liability. Neither will service pay or make up pay be given for IPT. >

Can anyone here help to clarify? Thanks!

??????

Master Member
Reaction score

Calander

Reaction score
1/2 service pay will be given up to 3 times of IPPT participated.

1/2 service pay will be given to all IPT and RTs attended.

Calander

Reaction score
Hi, just to check, will there be service pay for IPT?

According to here (ttp://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/nsmen-get-take-charge-own-fitness-training), it says <those who sign up and attend supervised IPT classes will be given "service pay" to "recognise the time and effort spent coming for an SAF-sanctioned activity">.

However in the NS portal, it says <As participation in IPT is voluntary, the attendance will not be counted towards the annual NS liability. Neither will service pay or make up pay be given for IPT. >

Can anyone here help to clarify? Thanks!

https://www.ns.sg/nsp/portal/site/mindef/manage-ippt-ipt-rt/info

see this comprehensive table from the link above..

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to double check something ah .

I'm pes A. but i bo reservist...won't be called at all due to my unit.

So i heard every IPT/RT is counted as halfday call up.

So to MR i need 7 HK and 10ORNS year.

Does that mean I can do 2x IPPT and 10x IPT to clock 6 days and count as a HK?

I dw do till 40 years old....

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 ICT then count as HK ICT.

Depend on how blur your S1 branch is cause there are people who turn up for only few ICTs but able to MR due to calculation of IPPT/etc count as ICT too.

However since your unit don't needs you, chances you will MR only when you reach 40 year old cause they don't care about you & will not consider IPPT/etc as calculation for 10 cycle of ICTs just to do more paperwork (unless you fail your IPPT but still will not count your IPPT/etc as ICT).

So I recommend you to ask your unit to recall you back for ICT.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 ICT then count as HK ICT.

Depend on how blur your S1 branch is cause there are people who turn up for only few ICTs but able to MR due to calculation of IPPT/etc count as ICT too.

However since your unit don't needs you, chances you will MR only when you reach 40 year old cause they don't care about you & will not consider IPPT/etc as calculation for 10 cycle of ICTs just to do more paperwork (unless you fail your IPPT but still will not count your IPPT/etc as ICT).

So I recommend you to ask your unit to recall you back for ICT.

The thing is i don't have a unit, will not have a unit cause of the specialization

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ns portal got one feedback session for people to complain about plane noise & etc. You can feedback & require to clear your ICTs asap. Sure they can arrange for you.

For example, if you are a Special Forces (SF) Trooper, SAF may deploy you to Commando (provided you are trained airborne), your ex-trained vocation or just any unit like SIR.

The thing is i don't have a unit, will not have a unit cause of the specialization

Calander

Reaction score

onli non-ICT IPPT and RT count towards the ORNS. See from the link in my previous post

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.