Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

princewenle

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does Ubox Gen.3 have chinese TV, i.e. Hunan TV, ZheJiang TV, etc?

I have a bad experience with minix last time, as it required update frequently on all the free apps, some more you cannot update yourself, you need to go to SLS to get the updated apps and the seller will give it to you only for the first year. After 1 yr, they will ask to pay for the subs fee in order to get the updated apps.

oldman1881

Reaction score
UB live could not be launched yesterday, checked the system and notice that available memory was 0. but memory usage is around 2G only.
I had to reset and reinstall everything.
Do your guys encounter this problem before?

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a bad experience with minix last time, as it required update frequently on all the free apps, some more you cannot update yourself, you need to go to SLS to get the updated apps and the seller will give it to you only for the first year. After 1 yr, they will ask to pay for the subs fee in order to get the updated apps.

For China Live TV, just use More TV or HDP lah.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Apps in Minix or any other android boxes can be updated easily by the users.

Your problem is due to the unscrupulous SLS shop. The shop is very famous in HWZ and many other forums.

xKeithx

Reaction score
I'm using gen 3, but my TV detect as 720p only the box state support up to 4K? anyone have this problem?

My PS4 detects as 1080p though...

oldman1881

Reaction score
I'm using gen 3, but my TV detect as 720p only the box state support up to 4K? anyone have this problem?

My PS4 detects as 1080p though...

not sure how do you detect the box using TV, when I use antutu and CPU-Z to check the spec, it shows that the screen resolution is 1280x720. I also use the 4K screen testing chart to check, it cannot meet the 4K standard requirement, but we can set HDMI to 4K, don't know how they do during HDMI output.
However, my old M10 shows very clear to support 1080p.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firmware for the box is based on 720p kernel, thus the UI is 1280x720, thus the resolution gets detected as 1280x720 by kodi or benchmarking apps. But that doesnt mean the SOC doesnt not support 4k as stated by the specs. No further explanation needed. You know you know. You dont know you dont know:s22:.

Edit: Just for further reference, benchmark screenshot for a Zidoo X1(which uses the same allwinner h3 chip as the ubox gen3) running on 720p kernel.

5hdRgjg.jpg

See that the UI resolution gets detected as 1280x720?

Why these allwinner h3 boxes are not using true 1080p kernel? The chief reason would be that rendering a 1080p UI might cause unnecessary lag due to the not so powerful Mali-400MP GPU onboard.

Last edited:

oldman1881

Reaction score
Firmware for the box is based on 720p kernel, thus the UI is 1280x720, thus the resolution gets detected as 1280x720 by kodi or benchmarking apps. But that doesnt mean the SOC doesnt not support 4k as stated by the specs. No further explanation needed. You know you know. You dont know you dont know:s22:.

Edit: Just for further reference, benchmark screenshot for a Zidoo X1(which uses the same allwinner h3 chip as the ubox gen3) running on 720p kernel.

See that the UI resolution gets detected as 1280x720?

Why these allwinner h3 boxes are not using true 1080p kernel? The chief reason would be that rendering a 1080p UI might cause unnecessary lag due to the not so powerful Mali-400MP GPU onboard.

System info from CPU-Z and Antutu, the GPU inside UBOX3 is Mali-450MP4, donot know why they indicate Mali-400MP2 in the spec. Mali 450 is much better than Mali 400, my two years old tian mao M11 is using Mali 450 and runing very smoothly in 1080p . just lazy O(∩_∩)O, may be

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it bothers you so much then just sell or throw away your ubox. Ubox is not meant to be a box for techies. Hardware spec is never the selling point and majority of the users probably not even bothered.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi, guys
I found a strange thing from my UBOX3, I want to setup->storage
available is mush less than Total (10.39G) - Usage ( apps+video+audio+pics+download+....)
For example, available is 3.61G, Total 10.39G - usage 1.7G = 8.69G
Do not know where is another 5G.
Can your guys help me to check out your UBOX's storage info? to see weather it is a normal case. thanks.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys
I found a strange thing from my UBOX3, I want to setup->storage
available is mush less than Total (10.39G) - Usage ( apps+video+audio+pics+download+....)
For example, available is 3.61G, Total 10.39G - usage 1.7G = 8.69G
Do not know where is another 5G.
Can your guys help me to check out your UBOX's storage info? to see weather it is a normal case. thanks.

Your android os running on cloud storage? :s22::s8:

oldman1881

Reaction score
Your android os running on cloud storage? :s22::s8:

no joke! I found this problem one week ago, suddenly LIVE TV cannot work, checked the storage and found free space is almost zero, but usage is around 2G, had to reset the system according to the instruction from Unblock, but noticed the storage was running out very fast. So I like to know that it is a normal case or hardware problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.