The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellomeister

Reaction score
ps if not correct place to post, any hair salon to recommend in Jurong east. previously used to go shirley mah for about 2 years liao but 2 hairstylists I look for already went back home country.

I'm not going back since they always overbook and appointment timing will be delayed 45mins.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current hair. Styled with sea salt spray and a bit of DB clay pomade.
26Apr2017_zpswgqdes6h.jpg~original

8248846.jpg

vincearteta

Reaction score
I have been using Morris Motley Chrome and personally feel holding power isn't great.. plus point is washes off easily. Easy to create style but after few hours flops down already...

nichsong

Reaction score
I have been using Morris Motley Chrome and personally feel holding power isn't great.. plus point is washes off easily. Easy to create style but after few hours flops down already...

I actually still prefer the balm over chrome

I personally prefer the balm as well, I find Chrome too heavy for me. Balm's strength to weight ratio is just nice haha

nichsong

Reaction score
Thanks for intro bro. Sounds good. How long can the hold last whole day?

Sent from Samsung SM-G920I using GAGT

I would say yes, its a pretty safe choice for a casual day out as long as you aren't doing any activities like clubbing etc. You can experiment with using more or less to suit your needs. If you really want your hair to be cemented in place you can take a look at freeze hold hairsprays. I have a can of Tresemm's Freeze hold which works damn well.. Only downside is that I find it tends to dry out the hair when used in large amounts. Other than that there is got2b Glued which is available in some Guardian stores (ION basement has stock), and Korial and EBL Taste sprays recommended by leejhong bro. I haven't tried them yet, but might get round to it in the near future :)

decibel.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say yes, its a pretty safe choice for a casual day out as long as you aren't doing any activities like clubbing etc. You can experiment with using more or less to suit your needs. If you really want your hair to be cemented in place you can take a look at freeze hold hairsprays. I have a can of Tresemm's Freeze hold which works damn well.. Only downside is that I find it tends to dry out the hair when used in large amounts. Other than that there is got2b Glued which is available in some Guardian stores (ION basement has stock), and Korial and EBL Taste sprays recommended by leejhong bro. I haven't tried them yet, but might get round to it in the near future :)

Think I'll try the 8+. Freeze holds pray will make the hair looks hard or not? I prefer natural look like those korean one hahaha

nichsong

Reaction score
Think I'll try the 8+. Freeze holds pray will make the hair looks hard or not? I prefer natural look like those korean one hahaha

Most freeze hold hairsprays tend to give off a bit of a shine, but Tresemme Freeze hold is one of those that I know (and tried) that gives a cleaner, more natural finish. But with what you mentioned, I think 8+ would be good for you! It's a nice, matte finish :) Looks like you don't even have hairspray on.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

flop actually normal.
depends on how thick your hair is. its not fixated, sure have chance of flopping

its natural

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
the styling balm will be reformulated again, to be exact is Slightly tweaked to remove animal ingredients, but the functionality of all products remains the same. that is what they reply of their facebook when i asked.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, 8+ hairspray is one that comes across as a lightweight hairspray. Very natural look and feel due to the matte finish.

But do note that the shine from hairsprays might not necessarily be bad, especially so if we have coloured hair. The shine helps to bring out the texture of the hair. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sea Salt Spray + Blow Dryer, finish off with just a touch of Chrome. Thank us later ;)

Currently trying out the new variant for Indians Clay which is called as Indians Dry Shaper Styling Mud. From the way that you guys described MM Balm and Chrome to be, it seems to assimilate the two variants of Indians products too - Extra Hold Molding Clay and Dry Shaper Styling Mud.

One comes with higher hold but more rigid. The other comes across lower on rigidity, natural (soft) hold and higher shine. Will be bringing in the Dry Shaper soon too!

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gatsby just released 2 versions of their pomades

one is for volume less shine greater hold
one is for sleek side style, greater shine less hold

i bought both and so far i'm leaning towards the volume one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.