Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

berney

Reaction score
yuan carry bridgestone, yokohama, Michelin,proxy, kumho and a few others. His shop bigger than YS and have a special corner for rims and tyres I believe. i heard ah yuan is doing bigger business than YS, alot of sg cars going there now... some are regulars and some word of mouth. he brought one ex YS staff with him... think the ex partner of YS ah chen also know as long would be stress, hope they up the standards and toilets conditions

Ah Soon is now the main in charge of YS. He is quite good also.

Hi bro, can share to me both the ah yuan and YS shop name and address?

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one knows of JB workshop that can change spiral clock spring? Think mine going to mati -- airbag light flashing (2010 Sylphy).

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmm something new. I remembered someone mentioned FD2 no hydraulic steering.

Sent from my Samsung 4K HDTV in Batam using GAGT

clicking sounds from the steering wheel has nothing to do with the steering rack. The clock spring is within the steering wheel itself and when you turn the steering wheel it winds and unwinds itself. On the other hand, if you hear knocking sounds when you are stationary and move the wheel left right, it has to do with the steering rack.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
clicking sounds from the steering wheel has nothing to do with the steering rack. The clock spring is within the steering wheel itself and when you turn the steering wheel it winds and unwinds itself. On the other hand, if you hear knocking sounds when you are stationary and move the wheel left right, it has to do with the steering rack.
nice insights bro. so just need to change the clock spring? any idea from stockist how much is it? :o

berney

Reaction score
Anyone did their sound proofing at jb can intro their workshop to me? I went in today and was quoted quite high by some workshop. I'm thinking to only sound proof rear door and boot

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
nice insights bro. so just need to change the clock spring? any idea from stockist how much is it? :o

I recommend that you get a mechanic to verify the issue first. If you are doing it in jb, you can leave it all to them, including parts. I found that the price I am paying for parts is a lot cheaper there. That's for my car anyways. But get a mechanic to verify the issue first. You won't want to keep buying parts .

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone did their sound proofing at jb can intro their workshop to me? I went in today and was quoted quite high by some workshop. I'm thinking to only sound proof rear door and boot
I soundproof my roof for only 150rm. But because i already took out my roof lining in pekan nanas for rewrapping so its less work for them.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recommend that you get a mechanic to verify the issue first. If you are doing it in jb, you can leave it all to them, including parts. I found that the price I am paying for parts is a lot cheaper there. That's for my car anyways. But get a mechanic to verify the issue first. You won't want to keep buying parts .
Thats what i found out about cheaper parts too. Thanks bro. Will let jet take a look sometime next month.

laksafan

Reaction score
Which workshop you did it at, can share?

i did rm120 for my roof but the material isnt good,, but the guy not doing this already. U need travel further. You can call up 2020 accessories or Brothers to enquire. Then you travel down

tueabp

Reaction score
Hi Bros, toyota wish driver here. Anyone knows where can i find teins lowering springs in JB, as well as installation of them? Googled online, most WS appearing are in KL... Which is much further..

laksafan

Reaction score
Saw this posting on LCH fb earlier today when i was trying to get information for 15 inch tyres, msg them and got a reply lol... can fb msg them to ask what is their pricing for your tyre size

https://www.facebook.com/LCH-brothers-batteries-tyres-Sdn-Bhd-425800120963464/

Saw this posting though - please dun flame me modds, I just copy and paste a posting i saw:

Good prices for tyres, take note.

Current Tyres Promotion

Validity: Until 30 June 2017 or upon stock last
12" from RM100
13" from RM115
14" from RM135
15" from RM155
16" from RM225
17" from RM240
18" from RM270
19" from RM380

~ Brands offered : Michelin, Bridgestone, Kumho, Continental, Dayton, Pirelli,Etc

~ Price includes installation, balancing and GST ! (Where to find?)

Address : No2,Jalan Perkasa 3,Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor

07-5626639 (9AM-8PM)

If you need more information please do not hesitate to PM us, Thank you.

Btw this one not my shop ah

Any cheap and good tyre shops in jb?

Sent from LG G6 using GAGT

laksafan

Reaction score
Get a workshop in JB to bring in for you. Gotta give deposit though

Otherwise i saw this on google

http://nsmotorsport.com.my/web/shop/sport-spring/brand-tein-japan-sport-spring-sr-g03

Hi Bros, toyota wish driver here. Anyone knows where can i find teins lowering springs in JB, as well as installation of them? Googled online, most WS appearing are in KL... Which is much further..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.