[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to ask how to go to hualien from Taoyuan airport?

I research and found that it's better to make my way to Taipei Main Station and buy tickets from there because there are more choices (i.e. transport)?

Because I will be reaching Taoyuan airport at around 5+am and I have booked a hotel at hualien checked in time 3pm, so I guess the best option will be by bus to TMS? Then train to hualien. Not sure which train to take though. Will I be able to buy ticket on the day (21 May) itself?

google maps recommended routes: https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/...83c504b61ed4f7!2m2!1d121.6011142!2d23.9929463

Take the fast trains like puyuma, zhiqiang. Expects the journey to take around 4 hrs.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw the documentary few days back where they interviewed the real woman in the show. She can really see and talk to ghosts!

索非亞!

仙姑!But now converted to Muslim.
Lastly, in private she's the first female baseball judge from Taiwan.
Quite accomplished.

Last edited:

MiImbEn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U will literally purge whatever 寒 in you. But remember to wipe dry after that. Not supposed to wash with soap after soaking.
Might be bad for you. Soap up only before you dip, not after the hotspring.

too late... shower + soap and back to sg for 2 weeks liao...

I research and found that it's better to make my way to Taipei Main Station and buy tickets from there because there are more choices (i.e. transport)?

Because I will be reaching Taoyuan airport at around 5+am and I have booked a hotel at hualien checked in time 3pm, so I guess the best option will be by bus to TMS? Then train to hualien. Not sure which train to take though. Will I be able to buy ticket on the day (21 May) itself?

from airport go down to TMS then take TRA train to hualien

http://www.railway.gov.tw/en/index.aspx

train timetable on the link just put taipei -> hualien and see what timing for that day u are landing

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
comics book . a lot of not it depends, if i can find what i want it might be a lot.
but i'm also look at long term buying of the comics from taiwan.

Books are relatively heavy. If nt a lot and not hard to find, i still can bring some back from time to time.

Look-into-me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried AirPoPo for their shuttle service before? Their rate like not bad leh for airport to hotel or hote to airport shuttle service. I input my hotel and they charge 598NT for 2 pax after discount.

Artemis77

Banned
Reaction score

Artemis77

Banned
Reaction score
http://ticket.ibon.com.tw/Mobile train or rail way buy early gt early bird discount on that day mostly not much option left

MiImbEn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha most of my trip i dont book in advance, i dont like to be restricted to a certain timing...

usually i go to train station and hoot whatever is there or if some cases die die wake up early take early train nia

book ticket liao need to keep to schedule no fun
For weekends and unknown public holidays, try not to be caught out.
A holiday is for relaxing not to get it screwed up and have your partner kpkb says why no buy in advance etc.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why i offer to buy tickets for others.
And try deliver to them. Make sure they are not caught out of situation.
Book hotels in Hualien, last min cannot go due to tix?
Worth it?
Cancel hotel in hualien, then wanna book back TPE ones, found it expensive ddue to last min booking?
根本不划算。怎麼算都不值得。

enbaby

Reaction score
For weekends and unknown public holidays, try not to be caught out.
A holiday is for relaxing not to get it screwed up and have your partner kpkb says why no buy in advance etc.

so agree to this! that's why i do my homework and plan plan plan. of cos we wont fully 101% stick to the plan, must be flexible! but at least u have some solid foundation and roughly know what u gonna do. and good to have some ideas in mind for a backup plan in case things dont go accordingly.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so agree to this! that's why i do my homework and plan plan plan. of cos we wont fully 101% stick to the plan, must be flexible! but at least u have some solid foundation and roughly know what u gonna do. and good to have some ideas in mind for a backup plan in case things dont go accordingly.

Happy planning。
Hope the rest of your group share the same thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.