Status
Not open for further replies.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering whether i should extend my warranty for my thinkpad or upgrade it

Sarbmariner

Reaction score
When your laptop hit 4 year mark the parts like fan probably only $2 on taobao, lid etc can also refurb chip chip.

If major issue then buy a new thinkpad.

Agreed, you can transform your old laptop back into brand-new state just by doing some shopping on taobao.

Maybe even "upgrade" it to the highest spec it came with by swapping out parts.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian 1/2... think i either get overseas or wait for next mth when i return from europe.... :(

they just replied me saying that they still honour the free 3yrs warranty upgrade due to the glitch... but....

2zqrg49.png

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian 1/2... think i either get overseas or wait for next mth when i return from europe.... :(

they just replied me saying that they still honour the free 3yrs warranty upgrade due to the glitch... but....

2zqrg49.png

Really sian 1/2 :o

The primary benefit of CTO is preconfiguring it with bells and whistles that might not appear on preconfigured retail set by default to shave off the extra price tag.

The normally shaved off stuff like the WWAN card, maybe backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader (and maybe the largest SSD possible in the config).

Looks like chiu asked for ETA but they don't wanna give a straight answer :o

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really sian 1/2 :o

The primary benefit of CTO is preconfiguring it with bells and whistles that might not appear on preconfigured retail set by default to shave off the extra price tag.

The normally shaved off stuff like the WWAN card, maybe backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader (and maybe the largest SSD possible in the config).

Looks like chiu asked for ETA but they don't wanna give a straight answer :o

they keep dragging the email corresponds from end april till now.... then i told them i need it before end of next week can or not... the CSO don dare commit....:s22:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lenovo CTO is ship from USA or CN?

Used to be shenzhen, should be still shenzhen or overall MIC.

But I think 1-2 years back they open a small assembly line in US only for their market for specific models so they can brag to AMDK and faster turnaround.

If buy from Japan maybe got MIJ thinkpad hearsay cause Jippun more nationalist.
Sic link: http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Lenovo-to-make-business-use-laptops-in-Japan?n_cid=NARAN1507

Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If buy from Japan maybe got MIJ thinkpad hearsay cause Jippun more nationalist.
Sic link: http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Lenovo-to-make-business-use-laptops-in-Japan?n_cid=NARAN1507

If I could buy a nipple-less nb in/from Japan, I would look at NEC laptops man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.