[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

calkel20

Thanks for the offer. it will be quite heavy.
BTW, if i were to purchase a lot of comics book when i'm in taiwan.
does doing a 海运 worth it?

Sea mail can consider or 黑猫。
But then must wrap properly and wait for a month delivery.

Andrew833

Thanks for the offer. it will be quite heavy.
BTW, if i were to purchase a lot of comics book when i'm in taiwan.
does doing a 海运 worth it?

Last time Taiwan export a lot of comic to Singapore but now the volume have been lower a lot. Why not connect comic company, if you buy a lot from them, they may provide with shipping service at a price. Unless you are buying from different companies.

Tsoukalos

Day trip.
Why not go after your kaohsiung?
Leave luggage with locker or with your transport.
Why want to go up n down like a yoyo?
Furthermore you not noob or first time?
But somehow disappointed at you suggesting that.
有點失望了

chiu mean check out of hotel then ghost taichung?
leave luggage w locker is mrt there? leave w transport is HSR locker? or HSR station?

i not 1st time ghost lah but really noob to leave luggage, never do before leh.

Andrew833

leave luggage w locker is mrt there? leave w transport is HSR locker? or HSR station?

Why your wording always blue one, difficult to read le.
Wow you dec going now start planning, very hard working. :)

calkel20

Leave locker at Taichung HSR.
Do your day tour.
Then come back to your stuffs.
Alternatively, book driver bring you out.
Luggage in the boot.
End of trip, can go Taipei liao.

Remember! Very IMPORTANT! That's why i must remind you!
Buy tickets from me.:D

Tsoukalos

Why your wording always blue one, difficult to read le.
Wow you dec going now start planning, very hard working. :)

cause i everyday always blue blue ghost work. no i'm not a smurf. now to dec half yr nia, not far away liao loh... somemore i always e planner... stress leh.

twosix

er, it's to be a day trip, no stay over. last x also did a day trip to taizong. so for Day 3, those optional if gone be better or what u recommend?

rest of itineary is ok?

Day 3 can go tainan as day trip. taichung a bit far off from kaohsiung.

Andrew833

cause i everyday always blue blue ghost work. no i'm not a smurf. now to dec half yr nia, not far away liao loh... somemore i always e planner... stress leh.

I a planner too but I enjoy doing it. You learn a lot during the process lol. :)

Andrew833

I love people who plan.
But i hate people plan liao, no ticket and then no go.
:s13:

haha, I book air ticket then start planning. Confirm plan then start booking hotel or airbnb.
(But i hate people plan liao, no ticket and then no go.) Me too, ask ask ask then don't go, waste effect. :(

xavilee

Last time Taiwan export a lot of comic to Singapore but now the volume have been lower a lot. Why not connect comic company, if you buy a lot from them, they may provide with shipping service at a price. Unless you are buying from different companies.

i don't think it will be cheap. plus they might not have what i'm looking for.
i used to buy 龙虎门合订本. but i think SG comic shop dun bring them in now.
not much comic shop nowadays. even 东立 comics is like selling for 6-7 per book now. getting it from taiwan and in ship them over i think the overall price might be cheaper.

my last trip to taiwan buying one piece comics cost me around like $4 per book. of cos is also because they have promotion.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Tsoukalos

Day 3 can go tainan as day trip. taichung a bit far off from kaohsiung.

ghost Tainan before but I didn't ghost 2 places in Taichung e feng jia & e ice cream palour so felt din c enough. Tainan was memorable though lol... single w slippers lazy taxi driver machiam those taiwan gangster..

Tsoukalos

I a planner too but I enjoy doing it. You learn a lot during the process lol. :)

well, do agree i learn lah but can be stressful. cause gotta flow from 1 place to nxt then cater to all in group. just tat not everyday can research so if got e mood or flow better make best use of it.

Tsoukalos

haha, I book air ticket then start planning. Confirm plan then start booking hotel or airbnb.
(But i hate people plan liao, no ticket and then no go.) Me too, ask ask ask then don't go, waste effect. :(

i do it other way round...oops.... =:p=:p

calkel20

well, do agree i learn lah but can be stressful. cause gotta flow from 1 place to nxt then cater to all in group. just tat not everyday can research so if got e mood or flow better make best use of it.

Now how many going with u?

Andrew833

i don't think it will be cheap. plus they might not have what i'm looking for.
i used to buy 龙虎门合订本. but i think SG comic shop dun bring them in now.
not much comic shop nowadays. even 东立 comics is like selling for 6-7 per book now. getting it from taiwan and in ship them over i think the overall price might be cheaper.

my last trip to taiwan buying one piece comics cost me around like $4 per book. of cos is also because they have promotion.

Anyway thanks for the help.

You are welcome.
Chinese comic in sg is dying. I think those small shop that rent out comic to read in house still bring in 合订本 and those weekly type.
I think if you up size you luggage for budget air, the cost may be cheaper than shipping. You can consider this, ask them to pack in carton easy for check in flight.

Andrew833

If big group, very troublesome. Need to ask ask ask, everyone ok then confirm. so tiring.

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.