Nintendo Switch thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizball73

Reaction score
For those playing on TV

Do find out the settings on "Fast Motion" for your TV and max it out.
You will get 60fps sweetness with minor artifacts.

Cheers!

You should never do that. You need to select Game Mode and disable all that crap.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally arrived... missed one week of Mario kart fun due to the delay of official switch joycon wheel...

2ahf56r.jpg

first time see a carton box within another carton box...lol

25f2gk4.jpg

puyo puyo tetris with keychains

5czib8.jpg

switch official joycon wheel and mario kart... comes with a stack of limited edition mario kart japanese postcards :D

verygi.jpg

still trying to build my switch physical games collection....

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Remember to set RGB to full not automatic

it makes the color significantly more vibrant and black darker

under tv settings
Don't set that blindly, you have to match it with your TV's capability. Only do it if your TV supports it.

I am sure everyone has seen all the BotW videos on youtube that looks blurry like it's forever covered with mist. That's becos all those youtubers set RGB to full when their video capture card cannot support it, or basically the switch and display/capture settings don't match.

For those playing on TV

Do find out the settings on "Fast Motion" for your TV and max it out.
You will get 60fps sweetness with minor artifacts.

Cheers!
Depends on what "fast motion" on the tv does. Often TVs have many processing modes that will smooth frames during action scenes, show 60/120Hz regardless of input frame rate, edge enhancing, add motion blur, etc. All these are done by the tv, you are not getting what is actually coming out from the game. It adds artifacts and delays. Completely defeating the purpose of having games outputing at high res 60fps and all those graphics goodness. Check your TV manual and look for "game mode" or something that bypasses all processing by the tv and displays the image exactly as inputted.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what "fast motion" on the tv does. Often TVs have many processing modes that will smooth frames during action scenes, show 60/120Hz regardless of input frame rate, edge enhancing, add motion blur, etc. All these are done by the tv, you are not getting what is actually coming out from the game. It adds artifacts and delays. Completely defeating the purpose of having games outputing at high res 60fps and all those graphics goodness. Check your TV manual and look for "game mode" or something that bypasses all processing by the tv and displays the image exactly as inputted.

this "fast motion" and "game mode" i have studied quite a bit

use "fast motion" only games that is 30fps, if yer playing 60 fps game no point turn it on at all

do not use game mode as it basically render your tv "normal" by turning off all enhancement and concentrate only on refresh rate that doesn't matter.

do try it out on your own and see for yourself, don't have to take my word for it.

keitaro123

Reaction score
this "fast motion" and "game mode" i have studied quite a bit

use "fast motion" only games that is 30fps, if yer playing 60 fps game no point turn it on at all

do not use game mode as it basically render your tv "normal" by turning off all enhancement and concentrate only on refresh rate that doesn't matter.

do try it out on your own and see for yourself, don't have to take my word for it.

my personal experience is that if i don't use game mode, my games will have a input delay. It is not so obvious on slower games, but rhythm games like "Hatsune Miku Future Tone" for ps4 there is whole lot of difference, basically made it unplayable for my case.

Have not tried not using game mode on the switch.. maybe shall try it so tonight.

Just my experience. :) Cheers.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my personal experience is that if i don't use game mode, my games will have a input delay. It is not so obvious on slower games, but rhythm games like "Hatsune Miku Future Tone" for ps4 there is whole lot of difference, basically made it unplayable for my case.

Have not tried not using game mode on the switch.. maybe shall try it so tonight.

Just my experience. :) Cheers.

oh ya game mode improves input lag, so just use it to your preference

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
Puyo Puyo tetris is also perfect to play with a friend, each one take one joycon. I have it on PS4, and vita, and I would triple-dip again when the price is right.

tskeng

Reaction score
Is there a site where they compare the different countries' store prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.