[PS4] Nioh

qwertified

Reaction score
walauu u so gud le , how do u know stuff like this bro :D

I didn't know, i was looking for an easier way to farm gold for the trophy then someone at the pstrophies forum mentioned abt this glitch, that it only works for NG, was too late for me alrdy as im at NG+ but i just share here. Have to keep on spamming talk to tome, even if she keep saying the same thing, supposed to randomly give request points. Some say 3-4 points per 5 min, some say 60+ points in 30 min, etc.

I didn't get to test it but ppl claim it works. Oh, and u must complete the sub mission where u rescued
tome's grandpa, old man muramasa who looks exactly like the muramasa in ninja gaiden

Last edited:

little_one

Reaction score
finaly finished the game

This game story presentation is quite boring and undeveloped like dark souls

The battle feels decent , got combo + parry + living weapon + buff ( magic or ninjutsu ) so there is bit a depth there but so far the build diversity available in the endgame is just spamming living weapon , oso the animation and effect ... lack 'oomph' compared for example diablo 3

The replay and progression value is there thanks to loot system similiar to diablo 3 , but i think it will not last long due to limited build available

the graphic is ... meh ... but then im a pc gamer so prob not fair

But to me Nioh is not game of the year material , maybe because i compare everything to witcher 3 PC version

Last edited:

qwertified

Reaction score
This game cannot be compared to witcher 3, not the same type, its more focused on combat and boss fights like dark souls. The storytelling is indeed nth special its a team ninja game afterall. If u only play the main missions then yea the challenge is not really there. I like the game quite a lot overall, my only complaint is they recycle the same enemies too much, esp the first boss later on keep appearing. Dark souls has more variety in terms of enemies

little_one

Reaction score
This game cannot be compared to witcher 3, not the same type, its more focused on combat and boss fights like dark souls. The storytelling is indeed nth special its a team ninja game afterall. If u only play the main missions then yea the challenge is not really there. I like the game quite a lot overall, my only complaint is they recycle the same enemies too much, esp the first boss later on keep appearing. Dark souls has more variety in terms of enemies

oh overall i oso like the idea of the game , loot system and the battle

i just wish they expand more on that 2 things example :
- make the battle animation more visceral , ex : the animation feedback when hitting the enemies , the special effect when using living weapon , the high end weapon glowing with special particle to make them looks bad ass etc
- more build diversity . i think they can do this by give each set unique abilities instead of just stat increase , for ex : red demon set give u ability to transform to red oni , warrior of the west give u omnislash skill etc

oso does this game actually similiar to dark soul in end game ? Nioh end game people dont think about difficulty le , they think how can they gain 80 million amrita in 8 minute , how to get 4 yasakani magatama in 1 hour etc

Last edited:

qwertified

Reaction score
oh overall i oso like the idea of the game , loot system and the battle

i just wish they expand more on that 2 things example :
- make the battle animation more visceral , ex : the animation feedback when hitting the enemies , the special effect when using living weapon , the high end weapon glowing with special particle to make them looks bad ass etc
- more build diversity . i think they can do this by give each set unique abilities instead of just stat increase , for ex : red demon set give u ability to transform to red oni , warrior of the west give u omnislash skill etc

oso does this game actually similiar to dark soul in end game ? Nioh end game people dont think about difficulty le , they think how can they gain 80 million amrita in 8 minute , how to get 4 yasakani magatama in 1 hour etc

Ofc, same bosses, NG+ level higher only fight pattern never change, sooner or later will become too easy for veterans. Souls games also liddat, got videos showing them beat the whole game without leveling up at all. Thats why team ninja coming up with a patch to include pvp for more replay value. Otherwise such games no point to keep playing and playing. I also didn't bother with NG+ for bloodborne. Once i cleared the dlc missions i sold the game alrdy. I intend to do the same for nioh as well.

Combat wise this game already does it better than souls series, u watch the souls videos they all attack the same way, nothing flashy. Nioh at least got different parrying result, got special aoe attacks for certain stances, can even jump over opponent. Living weapon is OP later at end game, but i think its because the story revolves around it so they make it more significant in the last few boss fights. If i were to use an analogy, the difference between souls games and nioh in terms of combat is like between tekken (souls games) and street fighter (nioh).

It has similar loot system as D3, but unlike D3 this kind of game attack need timing, boss fight need to learn pattern. D3 combat no need skill 1 just spam the same spells again and again and don't overcommit can liao. Loot wise towards end game i think both games equally meaningless lol, mmo like wow then more meaningful cause of raids.

At least such games got decent gameplay length got challenge, even for just 1 playthrough, won't feel like not worth it.

Last edited:

axgero

Reaction score
im on 97% to full trophy. one more left for blacksmith. cant do the trick on 1.05.

Took me 20+ attempts on each every boss before ng+. I didnt have PSN, so no coop. Now on ng+, its a bliss, one shot all the bosses.

The trick is to farm revenant for gears.

This game is easier than Bloodborne or DarkSouls, just due to the fact that buttons assigned is better than souls. Anyone interested in a faster game than souls and a ninja/samurai theme, should try the game.

axgero

Reaction score
is there any use min/max our gear in normal game ?

or is it better to just go new game plus fast as you can , then min / max later in new game plus , like diablo 3 go 70 as fast as you can cuz pre 70 gear is obsolete ?

oso any advice for reforging ? i spend 500K for reforging on 1 raikiri lvl 70 and didnt get a single purple attribute le :(

Compare to souls, nioh ng+ is worth it. You get to farm smithing texts or others from a simple switch to normal modes.

Once u rescue Tome blacksmith father, u can use points to reduce reforge cost. so dont keep reforging or save the points for Tome's father. Just use the best gears u managed to pickup. Also go online and kill the dead revenant, they do drop some purple gears.

In NG+, althought xp needed like millions, but its way faster to lvl compare to normal modes. Once you reach 130+, its not so much on your lvl but Mystic(higher than purple) gears.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Took me 20+ attempts on each every boss before ng+. I didnt have PSN, so no coop.
If you want, can just create a psn account in US or UK. Those regions have free 14-days PS+ trial. So use the new account to get the free subscription (make sure on the new account you activate your ps4 as its primary ps4), switch back to your main account to continue playing. Your main account will now have access to online (due to the PS+ benefit being shared with other accounts on your ps4).

There is a max of 16 psn accounts on a ps4 (you can delete to free up slots) and a max of I think 64 or 100 lifetime accounts on a ps4 (deleted accounts will still count). Probably wont take 14 days to complete the rest of Nioh trophies anyway.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Just started late on this game after buying PS4 Pro 2 weeks ago. still practising my fingers coordination as i have not been playing console games since PS2. :D

veltix

Reaction score
so this was the original thread, I see. A few weeks ago i was using gact app, there was no search option, like key in author name or thread titles. I think gact app need improvements.

On point: This game still alot ppl play up till now, like pvp and plvling other players? or very few already?

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just started late on this game after buying PS4 Pro 2 weeks ago. still practising my fingers coordination as i have not been playing console games since PS2. :D

you have tons of games to catch up lol...

qwertified

Reaction score
so this was the original thread, I see. A few weeks ago i was using gact app, there was no search option, like key in author name or thread titles. I think gact app need improvements.

On point: This game still alot ppl play up till now, like pvp and plvling other players? or very few already?

Not sure, i already shelved the game after plat, just waiting for dlc but now got other games to play lol.

Won't be surprised tho if there are ppl still playing a lot since its like diablo and now got pvp even better.

veltix

Reaction score
Latest whoever hates latest update, sign my petition : https://www.change.org/p/atlus-please-consider-releasing-persona-5-for-pc?recruiter=47979384&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Sent from HUAWEI EVA-L19 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.