Wireless IP Camera thread

vvaness40

Reaction score
Has the sineoji PT713v installed yesterday by Dean. The wide angle is really a big difference, perfect view and contrast, sees almost everything from one to the other end, need not pan the camera at all.

Initially having 2 cameras in the living hall and the sidewalk area, now is reduce to 1 with 713v in the hall.

I have 2 PT498 as spare units, not knowing what to do with them. Will probably place it in the kitchen.

The PT713V from Sineoji is a different breed of course. You cannot compared with the PT528V or PT498V.

A decent household HDB BTO, PT528 is sufficient IMO which value for money, $99 includes mounting , installation...

Either you get 2 at $99x2, mount it in the dining and living hall, or get the PT713 at $199 that covers every angle ? It up to each individual.

For me, I have the PT498V ,PT528 and PT713. But of course, in different areas.

revogsx

Reaction score
your requirement easily fits:

mydlink account + dcs-960L

ITshow sells it at $169
not cheap but is 180 degrees angle and with sdcard. motion detection is good. can view video on the mydlink lite app.
it is a quick solution for those who dont understand ip address, ddns, upnp and port forward.

there maybe other similar offering . but I find the mydlink to be quick to setup and watch video anywhere.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am actually looking for a single IP camera as a request for a friend. After listening to his requirement, the most important features as follows:
1.) as he is not tech-savvy, operation should be as simple as possible, no or minimum effort to maintain, no complicated setup...no pan & tilt, you see I don't want him to call me every now and then....
2.) Reliable motion detection with mobile alert
3.) View recorded video on mobile.
4.) Reasonable cost

The camera is viewed only by him, the monitored location is a room which is seldom accessed, maybe once in a few days. Thus no need high-end processing power. The room has windows, cheap camera can trigger false motion detects like a sudden change in lights condition, shadows, sunlight, non-human motion, etc Thus need reliable motion detect. Will be better if has motion grid as well.

DDNS is out, needing to renew every month like with no-ip.com is a pain. Paid DDNS also out. Thus --> cloud camera.

I know of MIC brand (not available in SG) that meets all the requirement. However, need a local China HP for registration, and the apps in Chinese only.....

The Foscam C1 meet some of this requirement, a wide enough viewing angle, an IR sensor for more reliable motion detect. However, I read some online reviews it seem that the official apps cannot view recorded video, so hopefully some users can confirm. Of course paid apps can be an option, but has to support viewing of recorded video.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
The only doubt I have is that it doesn't have an IR sensor (heat detection), which can reduce false motion detection.
Plant/leave rustling is mistaken as motion, of course this can be masked out and I only quote it as an example of false detect. Light flashes (similar to bulb blinking) due to lightning affecting a whole video frame will also be mistaken as motion. Adjusting the sensitivity won't help.

Thus I would prefer a sort of "smart" motion detection, one way which can be achieved using a combination of IR sensor. SNH-P6410BN do not have a IR sensor but an advanced motion detection feature which claim to detect "true motion", however I have yet look into the details and is a little ex.

ITshow sells it at $169
not cheap but is 180 degrees angle and with sdcard. motion detection is good. can view video on the mydlink lite app.
it is a quick solution for those who dont understand ip address, ddns, upnp and port forward.

there maybe other similar offering . but I find the mydlink to be quick to setup and watch video anywhere.

Yuppie98

Reaction score
I have 9 DCS-930L (@38SGD each), recorded to my synology NAS server, u can also record it to DNS-320L NVR recording. I watch it using Owler App over my iPhone periodically.

Frankly, nobody would bother watching and empty room with no movement on a screen, it's a complete waste of time.

That's e cheapest method:

SGD38/- apps is free, recording to a DLink NAS SGD130/- (which can be used as Media Centre to watch kodi too)

Thanks for the feedback.

I am actually looking for a single IP camera as a request for a friend. After listening to his requirement, the most important features as follows:
1.) as he is not tech-savvy, operation should be as simple as possible, no or minimum effort to maintain, no complicated setup...no pan & tilt, you see I don't want him to call me every now and then....
2.) Reliable motion detection with mobile alert
3.) View recorded video on mobile.
4.) Reasonable cost

The camera is viewed only by him, the monitored location is a room which is seldom accessed, maybe once in a few days. Thus no need high-end processing power. The room has windows, cheap camera can trigger false motion detects like a sudden change in lights condition, shadows, sunlight, non-human motion, etc Thus need reliable motion detect. Will be better if has motion grid as well.

DDNS is out, needing to renew every month like with no-ip.com is a pain. Paid DDNS also out. Thus --> cloud camera.

I know of MIC brand (not available in SG) that meets all the requirement. However, need a local China HP for registration, and the apps in Chinese only.....

The Foscam C1 meet some of this requirement, a wide enough viewing angle, an IR sensor for more reliable motion detect. However, I read some online reviews it seem that the official apps cannot view recorded video, so hopefully some users can confirm. Of course paid apps can be an option, but has to support viewing of recorded video.

earthlink

Reaction score
Thumbs up to Dean.

Got additional 2 x Sineoji PT498V from Challenger as it ran out of stock online. He took the liberty to come over and set it up, mounted the cameras with the necessary PVC trunking.

Anyone knows how I can stream the sineoji camera using VLC in macbook ? Should have asked Dean before he left.

goodwin

Reaction score
Thumbs up to Dean.

Got additional 2 x Sineoji PT498V from Challenger as it ran out of stock online. He took the liberty to come over and set it up, mounted the cameras with the necessary PVC trunking.

Anyone knows how I can stream the sineoji camera using VLC in macbook ? Should have asked Dean before he left.

First, check the ip address that has been assigned to the respective ipcams.

The default rtsp port for sineoji is 554, unless you changed it.

Go to VLC, go to File, Open network.

In the URL field, enter this rtsp://192.168.x.x/12

You will prompted for username and password of your ipcam.

You can view live.

peng348

Reaction score
Hi,

I cant seems to get my 3 sineoji cam to do recording. Any experts here can teach me how to troubleshoot?

Thabks.

Phumba

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
The only doubt I have is that it doesn't have an IR sensor (heat detection), which can reduce false motion detection.
Plant/leave rustling is mistaken as motion, of course this can be masked out and I only quote it as an example of false detect. Light flashes (similar to bulb blinking) due to lightning affecting a whole video frame will also be mistaken as motion. Adjusting the sensitivity won't help.

I hope this is of some help. Maybe or maybe not.

I have 5 Dlink cams. When I used to run it with a DNR-322L, I did not have any of these issues. For example, in my kitchen, there are kitchen cloths hanging and swaying from the wind, which didnt experience any false trigger.

That said, never had any issues with dark-to-light or light-to-dark, except when you switch on lights in the night, but even then, it was because I was moving to the light switch.

Surprisingly, my latest Amcrest, has this issue, with Blue Iris software, I have yet to sit and fine tune it out. Which I would think is possible.

I guess what I am saying is, although this feature you mentioned is cool, I have not experienced trouble without it on the above mentioned cams. Pls do keep us informed on your findings.

Phumba

Reaction score

ITshow sells it at $169

I would have to agree on this, coming from my experience with DLink as well. I would think the 960L is probably best "bang for buck" from DLink.

Not here to run DLink into the ground, but I had quite a bit of issues with the MyDlink App registration. Issues like multiple trys to get it set up and failed registration. But eventually was resolved of course.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently bought the PT528. Is it normal that the picture will turn black and white when the IR led is on even when it's bright? I've set it to Auto but the IR does not automatically turn off even during the day until I have to manually switch it off otherwise I would be looking at black and white image. Then at night I have to manually switch it on as well. Any work around to this?

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET using GAGT

barrios

Reaction score
Recently bought the PT528. Is it normal that the picture will turn black and white when the IR led is on even when it's bright? I've set it to Auto but the IR does not automatically turn off even during the day until I have to manually switch it off otherwise I would be looking at black and white image. Then at night I have to manually switch it on as well. Any work around to this?

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET using GAGT
Go to your webui - Setting - Image - Ircut setting. Set it to 950, the IR will not set in too early. Hope it helps.

formic

Reaction score
Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding. Only sineoji viewer andriod and ios p2p works. Pls help.

Phumba

Reaction score
Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding.

The advise is to get it to work local first.... the venture to port fwd for external acess.

I think we discussed this a few pages before this but i xant remember for which brand.

1. Whats ur local internal IPaddress?
2. Did u change the port no? (HTTP)

EDIT: http://www.sineoji.com/downloads/sineoji_pt308ip_usermanual.pdf says the default for the PT-308 is Http://192.168.1.99:99

If you know the answer to the above two questions; I wld use "Generic" with 554 as RTSP port and get wifi / internal acess done first.

Last edited:

goodwin

Reaction score
Go to your webui - Setting - Image - Ircut setting. Set it to 950, the IR will not set in too early. Hope it helps.

My sineoji cameras work best with IRcut at 900. Guess that you have to try one that works best in your environment.

goodwin

Reaction score
Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding. Only sineoji viewer andriod and ios p2p works. Pls help.
Did some screenshots settings that might help you. But if you are viewing externally, you have to do port forward and add the respective IP in your router.

tiny_1.jpg

tiny_2.png

Here are some screenshots of the Sineoji cams in Tinycam app during the night (lights on)

screenshot_2.png

image.png

Night vision lights completely off in Tinycam app

tinycam_a_night.png

formic

Reaction score
Did some screenshots settings that might help you. But if you are viewing externally, you have to do port forward and add the respective IP in your router.

tiny_1.jpg

tiny_2.png

Here are some screenshots of the Sineoji cams in Tinycam app during the night (lights on)

screenshot_2.png

image.png

Night vision lights completely off in Tinycam app

tinycam_a_night.png

Thank you for the information and help, goodwill.
What sort of connection ur cam on? Wifi or lan?
My local lan connection, i manage to get 10fps with ir led off. With ir led ON, i get max 20 fps. I guess the color rendering hog the processing. Decoding h.264 hw/sw no diff in tiny ipcam apps. What sort of fps ur getting?

formic

Reaction score
The advise is to get it to work local first.... the venture to port fwd for external acess.

I think we discussed this a few pages before this but i xant remember for which brand.

1. Whats ur local internal IPaddress?
2. Did u change the port no? (HTTP)

EDIT: http://www.sineoji.com/downloads/sineoji_pt308ip_usermanual.pdf says the default for the PT-308 is Http://192.168.1.99:99

If you know the answer to the above two questions; I wld use "Generic" with 554 as RTSP port and get wifi / internal acess done first.

Thank you for the advise.
I am able to connect via onvif n wanscam profile on local ip but no success if forward port 554,8080:8081.

8080 is default onvif n 8081 is default video port. Maybe port 8080 crash with my remote asus router main page. More test needes.

Appreciate ur help.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.