Microsoft Surface

sotongxian23

Reaction score
Hi, I just recently sent my Surface Pro 4 for servicing (for mild glitching on the display). Just wondering, how long will it take to ship back to me? As I kinda urgently needs the laptop at this period of time.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Does the service centre still exist? Tired to call the number above no one answer. Wanted to send my Surface for repair but their technical hotline will need to pay $29 to reach them and the MS website only can select direct replacement at a cost of $350..

Closed down long time leow.

FYI, that's not a service centre but a replacement centre

Heard that a new replacement centre will be up soon but not sure where and when

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Hi, I just recently sent my Surface Pro 4 for servicing (for mild glitching on the display). Just wondering, how long will it take to ship back to me? As I kinda urgently needs the laptop at this period of time.

I believe it's within 7 working days

DarK_AxE

Master Member
Reaction score

Bro, how do you reach out to Microsoft and get them to service? Thanks alot!

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
The only other way I know of is to use their online Support Chat but I don't know if they support Hardware now. They used to years ago.

Fallingrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry its $360.

For MS Repair Order:

Out Of Warranty - Standard Exchange
(SGD 360)
Once non-functioning unit is received, it will be replaced with a similar device.

I exchanged when it is still under warranty. microsoft do not repair your surface. They will replace it with another 1. The replacement I got is as good as new.

DarK_AxE

Master Member
Reaction score
I exchanged when it is still under warranty. microsoft do not repair your surface. They will replace it with another 1. The replacement I got is as good as new.
My warranty has over and have to pay a $360 for replacement. I have checked out repai centre outside but they told me there will be a risk of crack screen and replacement will be expensive for screen. Sigh.. made the wrong choice.

toolbox03

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My warranty has over and have to pay a $360 for replacement. I have checked out repai centre outside but they told me there will be a risk of crack screen and replacement will be expensive for screen. Sigh.. made the wrong choice.

I saw is $790

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
If you have the license key, you can download media creation tool, create a usb stick and install Win10. Then again, you can just try that, if the installation use the CD key in the UEFI, then you don't need to key in any CD key.

Sukoo

Reaction score
If you have the license key, you can download media creation tool, create a usb stick and install Win10. Then again, you can just try that, if the installation use the CD key in the UEFI, then you don't need to key in any CD key.

Thanks.

Hmm. You mean the license key of the Windows 8.1?

gohks

Reaction score
Called Digital Hospital. They say they do not do SSD replacement. Anyone can advise any other alternative?

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Hi, I am using a SP3 with Win 8.1.
Can I still upgrade to Win 10 Pro?

You can still download & install W10 from Microsoft's site. Look for:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/accessibility/windows10upgrade

It will work on your machine.

Hope that helps!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.