 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

chris888222

Reaction score
I removed the card so my transaction history is gone but last time I used Apple Pay for over $200 purchases at Lacoste. They did tell me to sign a receipt though.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS lifestyle app also say fully redeemed. Time to switch back to my usual Citibank daily driver.

Sadly Citibank SG cannot use Apple Pay yet. They have exclusive partnership with Samsung which idk when will they add in Apple Pay yet Citibank USA got Apple Pay. Don't know what is Citibank SG doing ignoring a very huge group of Apple user base which is quite stupid.

Last edited:

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decided to try the NTUC Xtra $8 rebate promo today at AMK, even though I know Apple Pay for OCBC has a $100 limit.

Imagine my surprise when my payment went through! Has anyone else managed to make payments for above $100 other than at NTUC?
my payment of >$100 for deliveroo went through via Apple Pay. Counted?

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadly Citibank SG cannot use Apple Pay yet. They have exclusive partnership with Samsung which idk when will they add in Apple Pay yet Citibank USA got Apple Pay. Don't know what is Citibank SG doing ignoring a very huge group of Apple user base which is quite stupid.

Yup that's stupid of Citibank.

Anyway my cards are usually the weird ones. ANZ, CIMB, UOB JCB. all not compatible with Apple Pay. Therefore my Apple Pay only got POSB everyday card.

chris888222

Reaction score
my payment of >$100 for deliveroo went through via Apple Pay. Counted?

The $100 limit applies only at retail outlets and not in-app. I used Apple Pay for my purchase with the Apple Store app ($200++) no problem.

Quite sad really. Samsung Pay has been gaining a lot of banks. AMEX and UOB recently added. Ezlink FEVO (whatever that is), Maybank, Citi all not on Apple Pay. Rewards cards too. I tried a S8 demo and they had cards from TANGS and some other dept store all unavailable by default on Apple Wallet. :(

Last edited:

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup that's stupid of Citibank.

Anyway my cards are usually the weird ones. ANZ, CIMB, UOB JCB. all not compatible with Apple Pay. Therefore my Apple Pay only got POSB everyday card.

UOB can ma....i have it in my apple pay too. They use to have $1 promo before. Remember gong cha ?

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
Could be I guess. I wish OCBC would just follow UOB and lift the $100 cap...

I think they have I recently charged $588 to my CapitalCard via Apple Pay at Best Denki and transaction went through without any issues.

Slavor

Reaction score
Ooo maybe they just haven't announced it yet then. Will try at a restaurant soon heh

I think they have I recently charged $588 to my CapitalCard via Apple Pay at Best Denki and transaction went through without any issues.

chris888222

Reaction score
Maybe it's only applicable to AMEX cards?

Tried several times with purchases over 100 at supermarkets, no problems at all. Only at Lacoste when my purchase was around 250, I was told to sign a receipt but payment still went through. Using DBS debit.

EDIT
It is actually in line with Apple's official statement:

You might need to sign a receipt or enter your PIN. At some stores, you might not be able to use Apple Pay for purchases over 100 SGD.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/ht207435

Last edited:

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad to say even till this day jippun ish rike not apple pay ready.. buy stuff tell counters apple pay/visa paywave all like?

Card payment alot of times still the old sch magnetic strip swipe -.-

Slavor

Reaction score
Has anybody encountered issues with using your credit card to pay for transport today? Both my DBS and standchart card had errors at the gantry today, both saying "Unable to process bank card".

MRT staff said that today got issue with using the bank card. I almost went to buy normal ticket (4.5 two way from YCK to city Hall wtf) before I remembered that I could switch transit mode and used it like a normal CEPAS card.

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with using ApplePay in Europe, particularly the big cities?

Any problems? Hoping to bring less Euros for my upcoming trip.

Tks.

bersaLobangSG

Reaction score
Has anybody encountered issues with using your credit card to pay for transport today? Both my DBS and standchart card had errors at the gantry today, both saying "Unable to process bank card".

MRT staff said that today got issue with using the bank card. I almost went to buy normal ticket (4.5 two way from YCK to city Hall wtf) before I remembered that I could switch transit mode and used it like a normal CEPAS card.

So to use Apple Pay at gantry, you got NFC SIM card?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.