Jaybird X3

uplorry

Suspended
Reaction score
Received my pair yesterday and have been using it quite extensively. So far sound is decently good and the fit is comfortable when used for hours on end. Battery also lasts up to (or slightly more than) the claimed 8 hours on moderate volume.

You're getting very much for what it's worth (factoring 3 pairs of comply tips provided) and the companion app is also very interesting and intuitive. I have yet to play with the eq settings but that's by far one of the biggest thing about them as your preferred sound setting is saved directly onto the earphones itself, rather than on the app. This means the settings will follow your earphones even when you switch from device to device.

I will definitely recommend these if you're on the search for a pair of wireless earphones, be it for doing sports or everyday use. The water resistant rating on these are great for our SG climate as well. .:D

dancingqueen

Reaction score
Received my pair yesterday and have been using it quite extensively. So far sound is decently good and the fit is comfortable when used for hours on end. Battery also lasts up to (or slightly more than) the claimed 8 hours on moderate volume.

You're getting very much for what it's worth (factoring 3 pairs of comply tips provided) and the companion app is also very interesting and intuitive. I have yet to play with the eq settings but that's by far one of the biggest thing about them as your preferred sound setting is saved directly onto the earphones itself, rather than on the app. This means the settings will follow your earphones even when you switch from device to device.

I will definitely recommend these if you're on the search for a pair of wireless earphones, be it for doing sports or everyday use. The water resistant rating on these are great for our SG climate as well. .:D

Jaybird had been making great sports bluetooth earphones for quite a while. The old X2 is good and I'm sure the X3 will be better. 8 hours playback is a long time to work with..:s8:

Cyno505

Reaction score
Does it cut off the surrounding sound? I am looking for a pair that does not, as I will using it when cycling. Thanks.

Jason8811

Reaction score
Does it cut off the surrounding sound? I am looking for a pair that does not, as I will using it when cycling. Thanks.

If you meant active noise cancelling then no. Passive noise isolation level depends on how well the silicone earphone sleeves fit into your ears when you wear them.

I'll be dropping by Stereo tomorrow to try, will update how well it isolates.

Cyno505

Reaction score
If you meant active noise cancelling then no. Passive noise isolation level depends on how well the silicone earphone sleeves fit into your ears when you wear them.

I'll be dropping by Stereo tomorrow to try, will update how well it isolates.

Thanks. Yes, I am referring to passive noise isolation. Need to be able to hear the surrounding while cycling.

uplorry

Suspended
Reaction score
Reporting in after more days of use... battery life is about 7.5 - 8.5 hours depending on device and how loud I play. I realise it lasts longer when paired with my iPhone 7 as compared to my mid 2014 model MacBook Pro. Probably because the former has BT 4.2 and the later comes with BT 4.0. Will be great if they can actually make it last 12 hours or more in the future. I use these for very long hours so I charge them about twice a day.

I really enjoy them and I feel I'm accustomed to the sound thus no needing to play with the EQ as of now. Isolation is pretty good and comparable with other IEMs when used with the medium sized Comply Foam Tips. I'm quite surprised that as a purveyor of higher end IEMs and Custom Monitors, I find myself to pick these up more. The freedom of moving around the house without any cables to tie you to the desk is really a gift.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.