Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

sgdividends

Reaction score
Ok if let's say if my first deposit I already top up $50,000, in which month is the best month to withdraw $40,000 etc? Is it at the 7th month? So that the counter will reset to the 6th month? I am now at my 4th month already

Seems like after the end of 6th month is the best to withdraw based on faq Better call to confirm. I'm new to this too....

Btw, this account seems great.13th month onwards it's 1.2 bonus interest onwards without any pesky hurdles like ocbc or uob

By fulfilling the necessary conditions, you can achieve 2% interest p.a. (0.8%# base + 1.2% p.a. bonus) from the 13th month onwards. For clarity, the 0.8%# interest p.a. is applicable on the daily balance and 1.2% interest p.a. is applicable on the lowest balance in the previous month provided the necessary conditions are fulfilled.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You have accumulate 5-STEP-UP

Is this right?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also when top up fresh 50k/100k, got $50/$100 cash credit - need to ask RM to enrol after u top up

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the month that u receive paper stmt showing Counter = 6 is the month to withdraw.

thot min balance to avoid fall below is 15k ?

Oh another question

So once I see counter = 6, I can withdraw most money but next month is counter =7 or still counter =6??

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh another question

So once I see counter = 6, I can withdraw most money but next month is counter =7 or still counter =6??

next month still at 6 (so u wld have 2 paper stmts with Counter = 6)

unless balance is already >150k, why not just leave it in there instead of withdrawing ?

not forgetting there is a 1 month lag on fresh funds to earn bonus interest

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
next month still at 6 (so u wld have 2 paper stmts with Counter = 6)

unless balance is already >150k, why not just leave it in there instead of withdrawing ?

not forgetting there is a 1 month lag on fresh funds to earn bonus interest

Oh because got a big payment for a purchase to during sept time and also put there initially was to qualify for priority but come to think of it like the rm also never contact me and I don't use much the service also except my treasure. anyway thanks for advice

Nofear40

Reaction score
Top up near end month to come in at or just before next month. Can withdraw but make sure balance same as the month before

Sonic boom if top up a lot a lot but total less than 150k to be in time for the 12 the month as it earns max bonus of 1.2%

Thanks
The comparison is lowest balance for current and preceding month, right

sgdividends

Reaction score
Thanks
The comparison is lowest balance for current and preceding month, right

Yes lower balance.

It's good to open the account on the last few days of month with the 15001 immediately on the account opening as that partial month is counted as counter 1 even if 1 day of the month left only( safer if at least 2 days left of a month) .

Nofear40

Reaction score
Yes lower balance.

It's good to open the account on the last few days of month with the 15001 immediately on the account opening as that partial month is counted as counter 1 even if 1 day of the month left only( safer if at least 2 days left of a month) .

Thanks! Appreciate it

sgdividends

Reaction score
Must be priority Customer?..

I opened mine at roadshow 100k first three months 500 bucks.

Just drop by bank and ask banker ( not hotline CSO) when next roadshow. They will tell one and give u their name card.

Last edited:

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
I opened mine at roadshow 100k first three months 500 bucks.

Just drop by bank and ask banker ( not hotline CSO) when next roadshow. They will tell one and give u their name card.

please elaborate on "100k first three months 500 bucks"
does this mean fund 100k tie in for min 3 months & get a cash "gift" of $500?

sgdividends

Reaction score
please elaborate on "100k first three months 500 bucks"
does this mean fund 100k tie in for min 3 months & get a cash "gift" of $500?

Yes 100 k tie in for 3 months get 500. Credit after 3 months. Thereafter keep min 15k.

U want to refer me? i get 100 bucks. I give u $50 bucks. Win win

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May not be strictly new customer ... ask your RM to seek exception for it before topping up.

I m not new customer & was told can get.

Must be new Citibank customer. Existing credit card holders acceptable.

That's why I referred my wife.

sgdividends

Reaction score
did you mean you refer me?

Yes. I already have la, thats why know a bit..Mike is right...existing CC holder still eligible and consider as new customer.

Go during roadshow only.

I have a citibank banker contact..if you want PM me and i whatsapp him for roadshow dates.

note: i have no affliation to citibank or whatsoever.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.