NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
History! I agree with you. My GP is B . I just feel that there are more people in this thread who redid their A Levels and scored well (eg apollo97 etc) than other threads. When I look at the other threads, I see a lot of posts from people who wanna retake their A Levels and people advising them not to cos it's tough etc . I don't need that kind of negativity in my life lol!

Well to be realistic, I have many retake friends who fared the same as before or even worse. Only considering the cases I'm very sure about, the ratio of those who improved to those who did not is around 1:2. For every successful candidate you see, they will also know people who aren't. However, since it has already been proven that it's possible to both succeed and fail at retake, I don't think there's a need to be too caught up in the statistics. There are many factors(foundation, morale, effort, luck etc.) that can make or break your retake, and each case is always unique.

Edit: But I'm assuming you mean you prefer receiving advice from the successful cases? :) I think that's a good approach too.

Last edited:

Louie Liew

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm the one who got into NTU Chinese but wishing to appeal. In the meantime, I would like to study to retake a Levels. Can anyone share some retaking A Levels success stories and methods used? I would greatly appreciate it! My subjects- chem ,econs , Maths , GP . Score :69.75 . Aim to get into SMU biz / NUS FASS after retaking

What's your h1 subject? Did you decide not to retake your h1?

Unknown7383

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm the one who got into NTU Chinese but wishing to appeal. In the meantime, I would like to study to retake a Levels. Can anyone share some retaking A Levels success stories and methods used? I would greatly appreciate it! My subjects- chem ,econs , Maths , GP . Score :69.75 . Aim to get into SMU biz / NUS FASS after retaking

Hi i did not retake but this is what i did during my A level year. By this time of the year i would have stop reading my notes because u should be familiarise with the content by now. You can start of with doing some papers to put the content that you know into application. Occasionally reviewing notes to ensure there is no conceptual error or mistakes made by remembering something wrongly. This will help in remembering content as well as being familiarised with qns. I did this all the way till prelims(AUG/SEPT) after which i started on TYS till As. But since retaking( no prelims) you can start TYS earlier so don't need to rush. Hope it helps

curiousgirl

Reaction score
For ACR:

RP 73.5

Offered: NTU Philosophy, 4th choice, no DA
Waiting for:
NUS Projects and Facilities Management, FASS (which U dont think I will get)
SMU SOSS

Both of my applications for these are processing still, funny how I got accepted for the one uni i didnt bother writing DA for... really hope SMU will call me like just call me plox

Also my mum insists on coming w me to the NTU HASS Tea... would that be funny HAHAHAHAHA tbh i really dk
HSS tea party? Accepted a HSS offer but didn't receive any invitation :( May I know what the tea party is about? :)

Louie Liew

Reaction score
Yup agreed with @babybunny. Who in the world would put their real name as their username in a forum? So foolish and ignorant..

Everyone already knew your name from the start when you started posting in this forum. And you uprightly claim that "who will know my real name" but ironically, your name has already been made known to everyone. Damn hilarious.. Speaking so immaturely, childishly and insensible..

You could have just pasted a sticker over your name and address and upload a screenshot of the admission letter.

Hahaha. Louie is the name I got from the movie Unbroken after Louie Zamperini. It's not even a real name. Get real. Why must I go through the hassle to paste a sticker over my details when I am not even obliged to convince you I have been admitted to accountancy?

Apollo97

Reaction score
History! I agree with you. My GP is B . I just feel that there are more people in this thread who redid their A Levels and scored well (eg apollo97 etc) than other threads. When I look at the other threads, I see a lot of posts from people who wanna retake their A Levels and people advising them not to cos it's tough etc . I don't need that kind of negativity in my life lol!

I see my name hahaha hi my friend :) Usually for ppl that comes to me to ask regarding retake ill recommend them to take, provided that they are really determined in doing it and they feel that they will commit fully to it. Of course it may be risky because there are chances that one wouldn do well, but then again, I feel that one shouldn live life with regrets and there really isnt much of a lost to retake once and try to achieve for the better. I mean, its better to try once and see if you suceed rather than to force urself down a path that you feel you have no interest in, right? :)
#itsdamindsetthatmakethingsworks

Babybunny

Reaction score
Hahaha. Louie is the name I got from the movie Unbroken after Louie Zamperini. It's not even a real name. Get real. Why must I go through the hassle to paste a sticker over my details when I am not even obliged to convince you I have been admitted to accountancy?

Eh halo for your information, case is closed already. Since you arent obliged,then its time for u to stop reacting to whatever ppl say. Case closed bud.

marigoldhl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh halo for your information, case is closed already. Since you arent obliged,then its time for u to stop reacting to whatever ppl say. Case closed bud.
Case WAS closed until someone let the Pandora box open again.
Shut up lah. Wth. You yourself open it further,asking for trouble yourself. Just stop it. If you werent so attention seeking,no one gives a damn about u. Just stop it.
I repeat again...

OP Note

Guys, enough. No out of topic discussions. Beyond this post, any mention of the incident or any argument not regarding admissions itself, user will be reported straight away for forum nuisance.

No out-of-topic discussions rule will be strictly enforced for all future discussions in this thread as well

Shabushabu

Reaction score
nope the double degree programmes listed are the only ones that you can choose! I had the same question previously as well!

AstiaOO

Reaction score
Any thoughts on SMU - SIS:SMT??

I have an offer from SMU SIS SMT but I'm unsure of the mentioned major. Need some help from you guys on this.

Need useful opinions and advice for the new major (SMT) and career prospects.

Pretty urgent as I have to make plans and withdraw from my current offer before matriculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.