Malaysia prepaid card

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just used my TuneTalk credit balance to extend 1 year validity via mobile app for RM10..:s12::s12:

beefjerky

Reaction score
hi guys, ill be going to sabah next week. may i know which provider i should get the sim card from? should i head over there to get it or is there a way to settle the sim card over here? thank you!

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, ill be going to sabah next week. may i know which provider i should get the sim card from? should i head over there to get it or is there a way to settle the sim card over here? thank you!

All operators should be fine. Up to you too buy in my or sg.

Sg you can buy onexox.

kitkat2

Reaction score

Buy over there or get m1 mcard or starhub happy here.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Whether you want to settle before your trip or do it over there, depends if you can spare the time to look for the shop and go through the registration process when you're there. Doesn't happen very often, but if telco system happens to be down when you get there, not sure how long you'll have to wait, to get your line activated.

I personally prefer to prepare in advance, so I'd try to get it from here. Locally, there's OneXOX, refer to the Travel Bazaar here for dealer offers. Otherwise I'll spend a couple of hours and hop over to JB to get it.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Onexox is s hwz user. ?

Whether you want to settle before your trip or do it over there, depends if you can spare the time to look for the shop and go through the registration process when you're there. Doesn't happen very often, but if telco system happens to be down when you get there, not sure how long you'll have to wait, to get your line activated.

I personally prefer to prepare in advance, so I'd try to get it from here. Locally, there's OneXOX, refer to the Travel Bazaar here for dealer offers. Otherwise I'll spend a couple of hours and hop over to JB to get it.

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX available at city square or ksl? going there tmr

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't understand your question...

OneXOX available at city square or ksl? going there tmr
AFAIK no OneXOX dealer in the vicinity of these 2 malls. One was spotted about 20 mins drive away in another Taman quite a long while back but not sure if still there.

I actually saw a shop on a drive from KSL to Bukit Indah yesterday, with a OneXOX banner out front but it's closed shut... Don't ask me the road name as I'm not familiar with that place...

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get from the dealer here. They do everything for you and you either pick it up or the mail it to you. Very efficient and fast and good service amid a little more extra to pay for the services instead of you going into Johor and searching high and low for a shop.

That is a lot of time and energy wasted.

After all, it is just a one time job.

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you got a reply about the mysterious OneXOX deduction yet?

Finally got a reply from them after sending a 2nd email.

Double charge for GST :(:s22:

Thank you for contacting XOX and we apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

Please be informed that the GST rebate for prepaid phone card users in Malaysia will only benefit Malaysian citizens and does not cover foreigners. Foreign nationals will not be eligible for the GST refund. All telecommunication charges in Malaysia are subjected to 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax) starting 1st April 2015. Therefore, all physical or e-reload top-ups are subjected to GST, which will be included in the total payable amount. As in your case, when you reload RM50, 6% GST (approximately RM3) will be deducted from the reload amount.

Additionally, there was 6% GST will be charged for any purchase via online banking or credit card.

Please do not hesitate to contact our customer care line at 12273 / 1 300 888 010 should you require further assistance.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got a reply from them after sending a 2nd email.

Double charge for GST :(:s22:

Thank you for contacting XOX and we apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

Please be informed that the GST rebate for prepaid phone card users in Malaysia will only benefit Malaysian citizens and does not cover foreigners. Foreign nationals will not be eligible for the GST refund. All telecommunication charges in Malaysia are subjected to 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax) starting 1st April 2015. Therefore, all physical or e-reload top-ups are subjected to GST, which will be included in the total payable amount. As in your case, when you reload RM50, 6% GST (approximately RM3) will be deducted from the reload amount.

Additionally, there was 6% GST will be charged for any purchase via online banking or credit card.

Please do not hesitate to contact our customer care line at 12273 / 1 300 888 010 should you require further assistance.

Don't think they will double charge for GST.

My interpretation on their reply is there will be 6% GST deduction from the total top-up amount that we made, either it is physical/e-reload top-up OR any purchase via online banking/credit card.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get from the dealer here. They do everything for you and you either pick it up or the mail it to you. Very efficient and fast and good service amid a little more extra to pay for the services instead of you going into Johor and searching high and low for a shop.

That is a lot of time and energy wasted.

After all, it is just a one time job.
Still very pleased with my digi monthly rm28 7gb data plan.

Sent from my Samsung 4K HDTV in Batam using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.