NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai_Here

Reaction score
Still waiting for NTU biz( probably gonna get rejected)
No interviews or news till now despite getting 3.9 :(

heyhiyohello

Reaction score
How much did u score for olvls? My friend got accepted with 3.8+. How can u not get accepted with 3.9. What is this sorcery. But there's a high chance u'll get in probably????

Still waiting for NTU biz( probably gonna get rejected)
No interviews or news till now despite getting 3.9 :(

ka7hyy

Reaction score
Same here. This year NUS really taking its time

Aw that's comforting to know haha. Because I know of people who got accepted without interview and those who got rejected without interview. But I have no idea the results of those who have gone for the interview.

incrediblehowk

Reaction score
Just for sharing.

I'm a Singaporean and I graduated from TP Law & Management with 3.57 cGPA. 'O' Levels 13.

In 2015, I got accepted into NTU Econs without interview. I withdrew in 2016.

This year i'm trying for SMU SIS. Went for the interview last Wednesday, 8 May 2017. I really dislike the words "application processing". And seeing others get their acceptance already. Fingers crossed!

Apple962

Reaction score
Haha sorry I ask a lot of questions everywhere :s13: Thank you to those who answered my questions

So currently I accepted another uni's offer. What if NTU offer me during the second window? I can't change already right? :(

ka7hyy

Reaction score
Haha sorry I ask a lot of questions everywhere :s13: Thank you to those who answered my questions

So currently I accepted another uni's offer. What if NTU offer me during the second window? I can't change already right? :(

I think you can. I mean that is how appeal would work right?

I want to appeal to NUS nursing if they do reject me. But nus website says to accept other offers first just in case that appeal is unsuccessful.

glorydays

Reaction score
Hi, would like to ask about the appeal procedures for smu!

I have received an offer for SIS major in smart city. However, i am more interested in information systems and would like to appeal. If i submit an appeal before i accept the offer on 25 may, would my offer to SMT be rescinded if my appeal to IS fails? Is it recommended for me to submit an appeal asap or wait till 25 may?

Thanks!

acerbic

Reaction score
Helping out with the ACR.

Me:
A-level RP: 86.25
NUS Medicine DA- rejected
NUS Science- offered
NTU Psych + Biological Science- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 1:
A-level RP: 87.5
NUS Medicine- rejected
NUS Science- offered
NTU Medicine- offered
SMU Business- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 2:
A-level RP: 88.75
NUS Science- offered
NTU Biological Science- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 3:
A-level RP: 80
NUS Science- rejected
NUS FASS- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 4:
A-level RP: 90
NUS Medicine- offered
NTU Medicine- rejected
NTU Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering- offered

Also can someone clarify, does NUS have 1 extra year of foundation or something like that I don't really understand. :/ Like they say must score B- in whatever major you want first before you can major...???

Kai_Here

Reaction score
How much did u score for olvls? My friend got accepted with 3.8+. How can u not get accepted with 3.9. What is this sorcery. But there's a high chance u'll get in probably????

Pretty bad.R4 16, but my Friend with the same R4 but a lower gpa has already been offered NTU Biz( with interview) weeks ago. Well hopefully:(

mpcdude

Reaction score

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Me:
NUS Science- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 1:
NUS Medicine- rejected
NUS Science- offered
NTU Medicine- offered
SMU Business- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 2:
NUS Science- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 3:
NUS Science- rejected
NUS FASS- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 4:
NUS Medicine- offered
NTU Medicine- rejected

Also can someone clarify, does NUS have 1 extra year of foundation or something like that I don't really understand. :/ Like they say must score B- in whatever major you want first before you can major...???

No not true can just declare major straight away (you have to declare major to bid for modules anyways) can change major until 5th semester (y3s1). After 5th semester cannot change anymore. B- is honestly not difficult to attain haha

There's no foundation year per se unless you are undecided on which major to declare then you can clear other science mods in first year for faculty requirement. (So called foundation year)

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello. FASS will be having an open house on 20th May just a heads up. 11am to 6pm

Reaction score

Me:
NUS Science- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 1:
NUS Medicine- rejected
NUS Science- offered
NTU Medicine- offered
SMU Business- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 2:
NUS Science- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 3:
NUS Science- rejected
NUS FASS- offered
Singaporean.

Friend 4:
NUS Medicine- offered
NTU Medicine- rejected

how come 80 rp rejected from nus science :eek:

marigoldhl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NTU will provide instructions on how to accept in 2nd window. You need to email the other uni to withdraw the offer.

Hi, would like to ask about the appeal procedures for smu!

I have received an offer for SIS major in smart city. However, i am more interested in information systems and would like to appeal. If i submit an appeal before i accept the offer on 25 may, would my offer to SMT be rescinded if my appeal to IS fails? Is it recommended for me to submit an appeal asap or wait till 25 may?

Thanks!

Offer will rescind only if appeal is successful. If appeal is not successful, the original offer remains. But since you're appealing downwards (SMT has higher requirements than IS itself), it will most likely go successful.

marigoldhl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NUS has no foundation year. One can say the first year in FASS and Science is technically major-less year because they're clearing Year 1 mods, exposure mods and stuff and you're unsure on which course to major

The B- thing (for Psych exposure mods) applies to FASS Psychology only. It is a prerequisite before filing Psych major. For rest of the courses in FASS, to major, just finish the related exposure mod before filing for major. Some FASS majors have requirements to meet as well.

For Science, one can file to major in Year 1 itself.

All other NUS majors minus FASS and Science are direct majors. No need to do anything except to bid for mods in CORS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.