View Single Post
Old 13-05-2017, 01:33 AM   #53
Shiny Things
Supremacy Member

By the way, are you a professional options trader because you attended some Options Course or you read it from a book?
So I hate getting into d*ck-measuring contests, but: I've been in the industry for 15 years now.

For my first two years, I was an FX options quant, building options pricing tools for the traders (in Excel/VBA, ugh).

Then I got hired onto the trading desk. I made markets in FX options for nearly a decade, working in a couple of fairly large banks: vanillas and exotics, mostly Commonwealth and Asian EM currencies.

Since you seem to be fixated on profitability: in 2008, my best year, I made a low-eight-figures profit for my bank, and my PnL in most years was mid-seven-figures positive.

After that I spent four years designing and building risk management software for options traders, and trading equity, rates, and FX options for my own account. I also run a markets and hedging consultancy business.

So yeah, I think it's fair to say I know what I'm on about when it comes to options.

How about you, mate? What's your background?
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote