Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free: 1+4 yrs Product Shield

the only reason going gain city.....
i also thinking to drop GC o not

u want freebie ah... good luck loh. lousy worksmanship give u eternity product shield u will still have endless problems. and do read what the product shield covers for your aircon.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current house done by Gain City ok leh. So far so good. Few years already, no issue. So thinking of going back there for my new house.

u are just lucky once... no gurantee the same installer will fix for your new house. if u get a lousy installer, then i will see u come here complain. :s13:

type-r

Reaction score
If I have free upgrade of g22 copper pipes and half inch Armaflex Insulation for copper pipe do I still have the need to upgrade swg22 copper pipe and half inch insulation ?

LFC25

Reaction score
I need help.

I purchased daikin smile system 3 5 ticks with swg 22, class 0 1/2 armaflex, keystone, 16mm drainage pipe with 2 trip installation.

They've completed the 1st trip. When I went to my unit, I found out that the exposed insulation foams have different thickness in each room. Pictures can be seen via below link.

20170511_183125_zpsz390g7td.jpg

20170511_183940_zpsyveqyy8l.jpg

The rest on insulation foams are boxed up (concealed). I can see some in the service yard.

20170511_184118_zpsvprctkyq.jpg

According to the aircon vendor, it's the industry standard to have slimmer insulation for the fan coil units as 1/2 class 0 is too thick, it won't fit.
Only those boxed up insulation are thicker.

Is this true? I appreciate your advice.

How much did you pay for System 3?
Can advise why you chose the Smile series?

d9_lives

Reaction score
I need help.

I purchased daikin smile system 3 5 ticks with swg 22, class 0 1/2 armaflex, keystone, 16mm drainage pipe with 2 trip installation.

They've completed the 1st trip. When I went to my unit, I found out that the exposed insulation foams have different thickness in each room. Pictures can be seen via below link.

20170511_183125_zpsz390g7td.jpg

20170511_183940_zpsyveqyy8l.jpg

The rest on insulation foams are boxed up (concealed). I can see some in the service yard.

20170511_184118_zpsvprctkyq.jpg

According to the aircon vendor, it's the industry standard to have slimmer insulation for the fan coil units as 1/2 class 0 is too thick, it won't fit.
Only those boxed up insulation are thicker.

Is this true? I appreciate your advice.

I need help....

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seem that a lot of people using cold engine here.

Is it the one as per below?
Cold Engine Air-Conditioning Service
Blk 206 Marsiling Drive
#11-306 Singapore 730206
Tel: 65 63620363

Meanwhile may i know why some people need 2 time installation? Any specific reason or benefit?

2 times installation is for those doing whole house renovation. You want to get them to do up the piping/trunking first then the after the rest of the stuffs done then put up the FCU etc. So that the reno guys would not damage or dirty the FCU, the walls behind the FCU also would get painted etc.

SnorlaxGorGor

Reaction score
Thank for both shifu.. but can i confirm if we are all talking about the same cold engine which at marsiling drive?

first installation - trunking + piping, so during reno, your id painter can paint over them first and also the back of your aircon unit
second installation - painting done means aircon unit up

2 times installation is for those doing whole house renovation. You want to get them to do up the piping/trunking first then the after the rest of the stuffs done then put up the FCU etc. So that the reno guys would not damage or dirty the FCU, the walls behind the FCU also would get painted etc.

godspeed1208

Reaction score
Hi anyone here can tell me if this is a good offer? i went to gain city today and the promotion now for system 3 (5) ticks is $3279. And comes with the following info:

price: $3329
model: MXY3G28VA
1x 12000, 2x 9000
installation is included with free upgrade 1/2 inch armoflex and copper pipe
1+4 year warranty

So what do you think about the price and model? i was also looking into the daikin smile series. Can you give you your opnion on which is better, daikin or starmax? thanks

lee-turbo

Master Member
Reaction score
u want freebie ah... good luck loh. lousy worksmanship give u eternity product shield u will still have endless problems. and do read what the product shield covers for your aircon.

no la, what i trying to say is opt for extended warranty
i understand workmanship very important.

recently notice these lol
mit starmax
5 Years warranty for compressor + 1 Year parts & labour

meaning compressor have 5 years but fan coil only 1 year?
if that is the case i can drop gain city lol

although ID n friend ask me take GC:s12:

ahhyi

Reaction score
2 x system 3 for mansionette

Hi everyone. I'm planning to change my air conditioning.
Only the 3 units on 2nd floor will be on every night, should I place them on the same condenser or should I seperated them.
1st floor will only turn on the aircon occasionally. The room on first floor will be unused. (Just in case got guest visiting)
Is this good enough? Or should I change my masterbedroom to 12000btu?
Would appreciated any inputs.
Specs below.

2 x daikin 5 ticks system 3 with the specs.
Mks80qv
Ctks50(18000btu) 1st floor living room.
Ctks35(12000btu) 1st floor dining room
Ctks25(9000btu)1st floor study room

Mks80qv
Ctks25(9000btu) 2nd floor masterbedroom
Ctks25(9000btu) 2nd floor room 1
Ctks25(9000btu) 2nd floor room 2

terumo

Reaction score
For the fancoil areas, its normal to have only one insulation as if they wrap 2 insulation individually with 2 piping, its too thick to cover the unit properly.
As long the rest of the piping are individually insulated, it will be fine.

I need help....

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
In HDB flats, sometimes 20cm is not possible due to location constraints, mininium 50 - 80mm (2-3 inches) will be fine for air return to the fancoil.

Hi Bros/Sis,

May I check, usually when determining the height of the fan coil unit mounted on the wall, do we follow as per installer's advice as they told me generally they are able to position it with 2 fingers gap as allowance to ceiling.

after they open my fan coil unit's box, i went to search for the manual and it says position it as high as possible on the wall, allowing minimum of 200mm from ceiling which is 20cm?

i verbally told them to follow 200mm as per manual's guidelines.

not sure if this is the right way to go thus wanna seek some advice as they're at my place now.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Most companies uses Armaflex Class 1 or Class 0.

Hi guys, would just like to check: I've been offered two different kinds of insulation from two different shops, Yamato and Armaflex Class 0.

Each salesman is telling me that their product is better than the rest, so what's your own take on this?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you bro.. shall look for them once i get the key :)

The sales person is this lady named michelle, i just whatsapp her to arrange for installation etc. Very easy to communicate, they only ask for payment after installation is done.

RhythmzZz

Reaction score
Hi all Gurus, I am totally new to air-conditioning and have read through few pages of this thread, and went to get a quote from Cold Engine for system 1 and system 2. In return, here's the quote from them, can anyone advise is this reasonable base on the models and promo, warranty and material used? Aircon are only for room (9k).

Appreciate the great helps. :)

Daikin inverter system 1 - $1000 (2 ticks)
RKS25GVMG/FTKS25DVM

DAikin inverter system 2 - $2200 (4 ticks)
3MKS50FSG/FTKS25DVM x 2

Mitsubishi starmex system 1 - $1000 ( 4 ticks)
MUY/MSYGE10

Mitsubishi Starmex system 2 - $2150 (2 ticks)
MXY2E20/MSYGE10 x 2

** Note: Above price is for 1 storey HDB/BTO

Stardard piping materials without upgrade
1. 16mm pvc drainage pipe with 1/4 inch thickness armaflex insulation.
2. 23g copper pipe with 3/8 inch thickness armaflex insulation.
3. Keystone/Sigma 3 core 40 & 70 wire.

Warranty
1. Compressor 5 year (Dealer warranty)
2. Other parts 1 year for (Dealer warranty)

Other parts 1 year + 15 months (Dealer warranty) - for Daikin brand system 2 and above only, promo end 30 June 2017 with full payment and installation can be done by 30 of September
3. Workmanship 1 year (Installer warranty)

May 2017 Promo Package

** $100 discount for System 3 /$150 discount for System 4
** Free Site Survey
** Free 1 trip installation
** Free upgrade to G22 copper pipe (Thickness and Hardness gas piping)

** Free upgrade to half inch Armaflex Insulation for copper pipe.

** Free dimantle and disposal old set aircon

** Limited 15 meter piping length per fan coil unit

** Promotion while stock last.
** $100 deposit payment upon job confirmation.$900 payment upon piping installation. Rest of payment is

COD upon completion of job (Cash or cheque payment acceptable)

Optional:

1. Additional top up $150 for 15amp power power point

2. Additional top up $200 for 20amp isolator

3. Additional top up $150 for stainless steel bracke (If no existing bracket or existing bracket too small and not suit for new condenser)

4. Additional top up $40 for angle bar for existing bracket too big

5. Additional top up $50 for 2nd trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.