2017 LG OLED

petetherock

Reaction score
https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-oled55c7p/preview/

If you can afford an OLED TV but don't have piles of money to burn, this is the model for you. At least for now.

The C7 series is the cheapest member of LG's 2017 OLED TV lineup. The 55-inch size costs $3,500 and debuts later in February, while the 65-inch size costs $4,500 and arrives in March.

Those prices aren't cheap, of course. They're significantly higher than what LG is charging for the cheapest 2016 models, the B6 series, which we called the best-performing TV we've ever tested. They're also higher than what Samsung and Sony charge for some of their higher-end 2017 LCD TVs.

They might also be higher than what LG will charge for the B7, a model it announced at CES but hasn't priced. And as with all TV prices, those of the C7 will likely fall throughout the year, reaching a low point sometime around Black Friday or the holiday season.

Here's the pricing for the 2017 OLED models LG has announced.

LG 2017 OLED TVs
Model Size Price Availability
OLED55C7P 55-inch $3,500 February
OLED65C7P 65-inch $4,500 February
OLED55E7P 55-inch $4,500 May
OLED65E7P 65-inch $6,000 March
OLED65G7P 65-inch $7,000 March
OLED65W7P 65-inch $8,000 March
The main differences between the various 2017 LG OLED TVs are related to styling. Here's a rundown:

B7: crescent stand, "blade slim" look
C7: premium aluminum stand and bezel
E7: picture-on-glass design with integrated sound bar (similar to 2016 E6)
G7: picture-on-glass design with foldable integrated sound bar
W7: ultrathin picture-on-wall design with separate sound bar
Despite significant price differences all of LG's 2017 TVs will offer the same image quality, according to LG. In our 2016 review comparing the B6 and E6, we found that was basically the case.

The 2017 models offer the following picture quality improvements over the 2016 versions:

25 percent brighter in highlights
2 percent better coverage of DCI/P3 color (from 97 to 99 percent)
compatible with Technicolor and HLG HDR formats
"Active HDR" mode
Technicolor picture mode
Dolby Atmos sound
In my opinion, none of those improvements will make a big enough difference in picture (or sound) quality to be worth spending substantially more on the 2017 C7 over the 2016 B6, currently selling for $2,300 (55-inch) and $3,500 (65-inch).

lawjk

Reaction score
Im thinking should i buy 55" or 65" oled TV. E7 looks nice

KieranC3

Reaction score
I confirmed with BD IMM yesterday for the 55C7T for $3079 after offset the $500 TV trade-in and $120 voucher. Brought my CFO down today to make payment together. Again, have to break budget when tempted to add soundbar. The most attractive is the SJ8 with PWP price of $599 (original $899). In the end, went for it and pleasantly surprised that because my purchase is now above $4k ($3699 +$599), the eligible voucher to offset is $240 instead of $120. In the end, paid a total of $3558 for C7T and SJ8.

Ragemeteora81

Reaction score
I confirmed with BD IMM yesterday for the 55C7T for $3079 after offset the $500 TV trade-in and $120 voucher. Brought my CFO down today to make payment together. Again, have to break budget when tempted to add soundbar. The most attractive is the SJ8 with PWP price of $599 (original $899). In the end, went for it and pleasantly surprised that because my purchase is now above $4k ($3699 +$599), the eligible voucher to offset is $240 instead of $120. In the end, paid a total of $3558 for C7T and SJ8.

Do you mind sharing how this $120 voucher (for purchases above $3k) came about? Was it applicable across all BDs in Singapore?

I purchased a 55" C7T on Sat (3 Jun 2017) from BD Parkway but they didn't tell us about the $120 voucher, so we ended up paying $3199 for it. At the time, it seemed like a damn good price to me—in fact, it was the lowest price after I had checked out other places like Courts and HN.

Thanks

*Edit - It seems like 2 guys (one from BD Taka and one from BD IMM?) here got the $120 voucher. I am trying to find out why BD Parkway didn't offer me the same deal. And not sure if it is possible to go back and question them on this...

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing how this $120 voucher (for purchases above $3k) came about? Was it applicable across all BDs in Singapore?

I purchased a 55" C7T on Sat (3 Jun 2017) from BD Parkway but they didn't tell us about the $120 voucher, so we ended up paying $3199 for it. At the time, it seemed like a damn good price to me—in fact, it was the lowest price after I had checked out other places like Courts and HN.

Thanks

*Edit - It seems like 2 guys (one from BD Taka and one from BD IMM?) here got the $120 voucher. I am trying to find out why BD Parkway didn't offer me the same deal. And not sure if it is possible to go back and question them on this...

see this... https://www.bestdenki.com.sg/promo/best-lifestyle

Ah_Fu85

Reaction score
Hi All

Anyone got the latest price on 65c7t? anyone interested maybe can do a group buy

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested to get a 65" LG OLED TV and I went to Best Denki recently and the price starts from SGD6K and up.

This is over my budget and I really am looking for something below SGD5K tops.

I realised that the B6P is priced in that range, but it is so difficult to find nowadays. Does anyone have any idea where I could possibly get that TV at that price nowadays?

Much thanks appreciated!

it shouldn't be a problem to get the 65" C7T for $5k or so after trading back the 43" free TV. try other retailers, especially Harvey Norman (their Hougang Mall branch seems to consistently give good prices).

Zrexe

Reaction score
I just came back from HN (Millenia Walk), their C7T was going at 6.7K. Didn't dare to ask further. I thought all the outlets have the same price?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
heh, it is no secret that listed prices at major electronics stores are negotiable.

jeffrey_siahsg

Reaction score
I just came back from HN (Millenia Walk), their C7T was going at 6.7K. Didn't dare to ask further. I thought all the outlets have the same price?

I recently enquiry on 55C7T, normal retail display price also around $4k+.
Courts tampinese quote $3399 + Xbox one console + some voucher
BD parkway quote $3199,
mega kallang offer $3188.

Think is depend on your PR skill to get a low quotation.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
and the lines are even more grey for the 2017 models, where all of them have the same panel and SoC hardware (the 2016 models have slightly more differentiation with the B6 having a different SoC from the other models).

grunt

Reaction score
Got a great deal for 65" LGC7 from Courts in Tampines Mall. Won't reveal the pricing here but for a brand new set, it's probably the best deal in town at moment. First number less than 5.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.