Guide to SPF Enlistment

Parmesean

Reaction score
How bad can the tekan or punishment get?

It used to be quite bad, but now it is quite lenient, with the rules of how many punishments they can give out laid out. Even some of my friends who are FIs in HTA are afraid to give too much push-ups for fear that one of the trainees will complain and they will kenna tekan even worse by the squad's CM.

Parmesean

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Appreciate that :)

Hi

I've checked with my friend, the collared shirt is a waste of money as you probably will never use it. You will first be divided up into squads, afterwards the guys will be sent for their haircut. Subsequently, you all will proceed for collection of your items. The reporting attire is smart casual, with covered shoes. Some of the items in my packing list can be used for regulars as well.

You guys do not have confinement, however, please pack enough undergarments to last the whole week.

Sorbid

Reaction score
so camera phones are not allowed? kinda weird seeing as army already allows them... any idea what will happen if i bring it?

not really planning on using the phone will just be kept for use when book out and going home so dont really want to buy a non camera phone just to use since its a waste of money.

so there is no real need to bring the original copy also just make sure to photocopy 2 sets?

Parmesean

Reaction score
so camera phones are not allowed? kinda weird seeing as army already allows them... any idea what will happen if i bring it?

not really planning on using the phone will just be kept for use when book out and going home so dont really want to buy a non camera phone just to use since its a waste of money.

so there is no real need to bring the original copy also just make sure to photocopy 2 sets?

Hi,

camera phones are not allowed in HTA. Whether or not your CM or FI will allow it is very unlikely, however, it does not hurt to ask. During confinement, or at any point during your stay at HTA if you are caught with a camera phone, or any contraband item, not only your squad, but your whole intake will die a horrible death.

And yes, original certificates not necessary. You will, just need to submit one copy to the SAs, and another for safekeeping in case your CM needs it.

Last edited:

Sorbid

Reaction score
Hi,

camera phones are not allowed in HTA. Whether or not your CM or FI will allow it is very unlikely, however, it does not hurt to ask. During confinement, or at any point during your stay at HTA if you are caught with a camera phone, or any contraband I T em, not only your squad, but your whole intake will die a horrible death.

And yes, original certificates not necessary. You will, just need to submit one copy to the SAs, and another for safekeeping in case your CM needs it.

so possible to just bring it over and ask them to keep it somewhere if its confirmed that it isn't allowed and get it back when i book out? or any idea if mp3 players are allowed. thanks for the response btw

ahting8888

Reaction score
Hi,

camera phones are not allowed in HTA. Whether or not your CM or FI will allow it is very unlikely, however, it does not hurt to ask. During confinement, or at any point during your stay at HTA if you are caught with a camera phone, or any contraband I T em, not only your squad, but your whole intake will die a horrible death.

What are the more jialat punishment in SPF?
From ncc kana change parade, knuckle pushups, hold in pushup position for 1hr..

sacar101

Reaction score
so possible to just bring it over and ask them to keep it somewhere if its confirmed that it isn't allowed and get it back when i book out? or any idea if mp3 players are allowed. thanks for the response btw

My suggestion for you is to buy a cheap non camera nokia phone with mp3 or ask the ah beng phone shop to take out your old phone's camera if you have one lying around.

sacar101

Reaction score

From my experiences it really depends of your FI, CM, Coy Com and how "stupid" your squad is.

Parmesean

Reaction score

For confinement, I would play it safe, get a cheap Nokia, it's only $50. During your confinement, you ask your CM or FI if mp3 players are allowed.

From my experience, it depends on the coy commander for these kind of things. For example, the intake before me was very strict and not allowed any leeways till they were about to POP. My intake was allowed to bring in headphones on our first book in.

If you bring in a camera phone, charger, or portable charger, you will be asked to put it into a bag, and pass it to your parents when you see them during the lunch.

Last edited:

Parmesean

Reaction score

From my experiences it really depends of your FI, CM, Coy Com and how "stupid" your squad is.

Agreed, but now is apparently much more lenient. But definitely not as jialat as your NCC days.

What I can tell you about the punishments is that most of the time it will be pushups, or sit-ups. And for those who have injuries, Buddha claps.

Sorbid

Reaction score
For confinement, I would play it safe, get a cheap Nokia, it's only $50. During your confinement, you ask your CM or FI if mp3 players are allowed.

From my experience, it depends on the coy commander for these kind of things. For example, the intake before me was very strict and not allowed any leeways till they were about to POP. My intake was allowed to bring in headphones on our first book in.

If you bring in a camera phone, charger, or portable charger, you will be asked to put it into a bag, and pass it to your parents when you see them during the lunch.

is it similar to the saf one where you can just remove or sand the cameras so that they allow you to use otherwise? probably go in and ask before getting something after i book out only really need phone for music tbh.

any ideas if the enlistment dates on https://www.cmpb.gov.sg/cmpb/before-ns/enlistment-dates/ isnt updated or is that one for army only because according to this im not in bp :s22: just noticed it

Parmesean

Reaction score
is it similar to the saf one where you can just remove or sand the cameras so that they allow you to use otherwise? probably go in and ask before getting something after i book out only really need phone for music tbh.

any ideas if the enlistment dates on https://www.cmpb.gov.sg/cmpb/before-ns/enlistment-dates/ isnt updated or is that one for army only because according to this im not in bp :s22: just noticed it

Hi, if you are looking for a non camera Nokia, may I suggest the Nokia N130, it is a but of an older phone, but it has a micro SD card slot that you can put music on. Plus, it has a headphone jack. http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_130-6570.php

And yes, you can remove the camera, or just ask the shop to put a sticker over the camera, essentially blocking the camera from working. (Personally I think the latter is a much better idea, cheaper and all you have to do after POP is to tell the shop to remove the sticker and you can sell it, or even sell it to someone going to enlist.......:s7:)

As for the enlistment dates, the one on CMPB's website is only for those enlisting into Tekong. You should follow the date on your enlistment letter. Whether you are BP or not, as long as you did not get Silver and above for your NAPFA in Poly/JC/ITE, or if you never took it, you will enlist the same time as those in BP, all going in for 8 weeks of PTP.

Sorbid

Reaction score
so apparently i might not be able to get my graduation certificate before i enlist next week because school isn't willing to allow me to collect certificate earlier since i was just told person in charge responds in 3-5 working days while also being told by a lecturer i will be able to get it on Wednesday previously :s22:

will be making a trip down to school day before and hopefully be able to get certificate but in case, any ideas if i can defer on that part? pretty much only thing im short of from your list now. also thanks for the list has been pretty helpful

Parmesean

Reaction score
so apparently i might not be able to get my graduation certificate before i enlist next week because school isn't willing to allow me to collect certificate earlier since i was just told person in charge responds in 3-5 working days while also being told by a lecturer i will be able to get it on Wednesday previously :s22:

will be making a trip down to school day before and hopefully be able to get certificate but in case, any ideas if i can defer on that part? pretty much only thing im short of from your list now. also thanks for the list has been pretty helpful

Hi,

Maybe you might try and get your transcript, or similar form of certification? As you can give them a copy of your transcript, then when your certificates come you can copy them and hand them to your CM.

And no problem, I'm happy to help any future enlistees of the police force!

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa :s22: need grad cert also?
that cert can't even put inside portfolio 1 cos its alot bigger than transcripts
can't photocopy with normal A4 printer also...mafan :s22:

Last edited:

Nephew

Reaction score
Same problem. I emailed them and they haven reply yet. Going down on monday before i enlist to take. If cant collect then gg lor. Go inside kena

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.