Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mi am now at Perth..we collected the cars and verified the final amount we need to pay is the same as what they have quoted us in email.we can pay cash upon return but must be exact amount
Did they take a deposit in cash from you as well?

kittybride

Reaction score
Hi guys

quick check, i'm trying to make online booking for car rental.
what do you guys put as the 'expiry date' for the driving license.
appreciate your help!!

kenne79

Reaction score
This car is spacious. I think between this and hyundai imax, kia carnival is good for long drive. imax more like a van.

can this Kia Carnival fit 4 adults and 2 kids with 4 big luggage?
Gg in Aug NDP week.

Last edited:

kenne79

Reaction score
I just notice that they required a credit card with my name same as my driving license.

All my cards name are not my driving license name.

Do you think they will accept?

I dun wanna get a new card just for this purpose.

kenne79

Reaction score
No issue for hertz,I booked 1 name and use cc that belongs to a different name to pay

book direct from hertz? or through 3rd party like vroomvroom, airport rental..

quite confusing, esp on the excess reduction.

luvenergy

Reaction score
I book direct with hertz.maximum coverage(includes excess reduction) can be paid at the counter.u can email hertz to check on the rate first

kittybride

Reaction score
Hi

Need help on rental car insurance/coverage.

I checked on ACE Car rental and for the vehicle which I intend to rent, they charge "accidental damage reduction coverage upto A$800. I also purchase travel insurance and they have a 'rental vehicle excess cover of S$1,500.

Can i check if this is sufficient and if i still to get additional insurance coverage? Sorry for this noob question!

chameleon20

Reaction score
The quotation which I got from vroom for hertz cars are cheaper than hertz website. Never booked from vroom b4, are the price quoted accurate? It already included the fees below except for excess reduction.

Vehicle Rental
Tax
Location Fee
Admn Recovery
Vehicle Registration Recovery

cc2mss5

Reaction score
The quotation which I got from vroom for hertz cars are cheaper than hertz website. Never booked from vroom b4, are the price quoted accurate? It already included the fees below except for excess reduction.

Vehicle Rental
Tax
Location Fee
Admn Recovery
Vehicle Registration Recovery

Try to find coupons or code
Mine reduced abt aud74 after finding online code

cokiee

Reaction score
Hi

Need help on rental car insurance/coverage.

I checked on ACE Car rental and for the vehicle which I intend to rent, they charge "accidental damage reduction coverage upto A$800. I also purchase travel insurance and they have a 'rental vehicle excess cover of S$1,500.

Can i check if this is sufficient and if i still to get additional insurance coverage? Sorry for this noob question!

So that was on thing I was thinking about when I recently booked a car in Aus as well - my travel insurance has a coverage of SGD1000, excess on car insurance without buying the zero excess is AUD1000, just nice, no?

I learnt:-

- without the zero excess insurance by the car company, in case of any accident you pay the first 1k, then claim from the insurance company, i.e., you can get rejected by my insurer.

- in my case, when i went to the rental company, i found out that it was AUD1000 excess per incident. On my travel insurance it was a cumulative sum.

- i was returning my car at night, and one of the clauses with my renter was that if you get into an accident at night and you don't have the zero excess insurance you'd have to wait for it to be assessed first, that is, in the morning.

I also was suay enough to get hit by a flying stone and had a small chip/ deep scratch on the windscreen quite early into my trip heh.:s13:

kittybride

Reaction score
So that was on thing I was thinking about when I recently booked a car in Aus as well - my travel insurance has a coverage of SGD1000, excess on car insurance without buying the zero excess is AUD1000, just nice, no?

I learnt:-

- without the zero excess insurance by the car company, in case of any accident you pay the first 1k, then claim from the insurance company, i.e., you can get rejected by my insurer.

- in my case, when i went to the rental company, i found out that it was AUD1000 excess per incident. On my travel insurance it was a cumulative sum.

- i was returning my car at night, and one of the clauses with my renter was that if you get into an accident at night and you don't have the zero excess insurance you'd have to wait for it to be assessed first, that is, in the morning.

I also was suay enough to get hit by a flying stone and had a small chip/ deep scratch on the windscreen quite early into my trip heh.:s13:

Hi Cokiee

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The cumulative sum part, i had guessed just as well but the many chances of 'minor accidents' while on the road...that one is a good reminder. i was more worried about wild animals but flying stones... okie, will really have to take note of.

i guess i would have to get the zero excess coverage as well. any suggestion which other insurer to get from? might not want to get from the car rental company.

iphone88

Reaction score
Try to find coupons or code
Mine reduced abt aud74 after finding online code

what is the code?

vroomvroom offer Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance.
This is different from the insurance offer from the car rental company.

In the event of claim, car company will deduct the excess from my credit card. I had to claim the money from vroomvroom later?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.