Guide to SPF Enlistment

Sorbid

Reaction score
Same problem. I emailed them and they haven reply yet. Going down on monday before i enlist to take. If cant collect then gg lor. Go inside kena

from rp and they havent really been helpful so far on that part, called them instead of emailing though so not sure if it makes a difference? will be going down on monday to see if its possible to get it otherwise probably trying to get one of the transcripts printed out first.....

Hi, if you are looking for a non camera Nokia, may I suggest the Nokia N130, it is a but of an older phone, but it has a micro SD card slot that you can put music on. Plus, it has a headphone jack. http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_130-6570.php

And yes, you can remove the camera, or just ask the shop to put a sticker over the camera, essentially blocking the camera from working. (Personally I think the latter is a much better idea, cheaper and all you have to do after POP is to tell the shop to remove the sticker and you can sell it, or even sell it to someone going to enlist.......:s7:)

As for the enlistment dates, the one on CMPB's website is only for those enlisting into Tekong. You should follow the date on your enlistment letter. Whether you are BP or not, as long as you did not get Silver and above for your NAPFA in Poly/JC/ITE, or if you never took it, you will enlist the same time as those in BP, all going in for 8 weeks of PTP.

think i misunderstood the last part but dosent those in pes bp have an extra 3-4 months before the 8 weeks of PTP? unless spf dosent have it and only applies for regular nsf? if they dont im screwed, didnt train or do anything at all for past few months just taking it easy thinking of training when i enlisted into pes bp.

Parmesean

Reaction score
think i misunderstood the last part but dosent those in pes bp have an extra 3-4 months before the 8 weeks of PTP? unless spf dosent have it and only applies for regular nsf? if they dont im screwed, didnt train or do anything at all for past few months just taking it easy thinking of training when i enlisted into pes bp.

Hi,

Um, no. Those enlisting into the SPF do not have any difference between BP and those who do not have the NAPFA requirement. However those in BP will have it a lot tougher then those who are not. As my intake was an NDP intake, my schedule was kind of pushed forward to accommodate the NDP training schedule. Whereas those in BP did not get the chance to participate in the NDP.

To sum up, both BP and less fit intake will enlist at the same time, but BP will be a lot tougher then those in the less fit intake, hope I helped.

Polynomicon

Reaction score
Don't have to bring such a big bag right cos they will issue one ? My bag is those normal anello kanken kind of size and i'm bringing one shoe bag lol

Sorbid

Reaction score
Hi,

Um, no. Those enlisting into the SPF do not have any difference between BP and those who do not have the NAPFA requirement. However those in BP will have it a lot tougher then those who are not. As my intake was an NDP intake, my schedule was kind of pushed forward to accommodate the NDP training schedule. Whereas those in BP did not get the chance to participate in the NDP.

To sum up, both BP and less fit intake will enlist at the same time, but BP will be a lot tougher then those in the less fit intake, hope I helped.

:s22:, was expecting to enlist longer to get fitter before joining the regular non fit intake guys since i was also looking forward to losing the flab.

oh or is the extra training after the 8 weeks?

they issue bags also? probably just going to be bringing in a regular laptop bag big enough to hold the items since i have no idea how big the lockers are.

Last edited:

Parmesean

Reaction score
Don't have to bring such a big bag right cos they will issue one ? My bag is those normal anello kanken kind of size and i'm bringing one shoe bag lol

There is no need to bring an extra pair of shoes, all will items necessary for you to last till your POP will be issued to you on your first day. If you want, you can wear sports shoes to enlist, but it is entirely up to you.

Yes, there is no need to bring a big bag. In fact, one of my squad mates brought a small porter bag to enlistment, and it was super easy to bring back after your first book out. During your first book out, it is not necessary to bring back everything, just the uniforms for washing.

Your anello sized bag should be good enough.

Parmesean

Reaction score
:s22:, was expecting to enlist longer to get fitter before joining the regular non fit intake guys since i was also looking forward to losing the flab.

oh or is the extra training after the 8 weeks?

they issue bags also? probably just going to be bringing in a regular laptop bag big enough to hold the items since i have no idea how big the lockers are.

Relax, during your PTP phase, you should be able to lose enough weight and be able to run your 2.4 in 10 minutes or less by the time the fit intake comes in.

The police part of your training will probably start after 8 weeks, consisting of shooting, lessons etc.

A regular laptop bag big enough to hold all the items listed will be good enough.

Polynomicon

Reaction score
There is no need to bring an extra pair of shoes, all will items necessary for you to last till your POP will be issued to you on your first day. If you want, you can wear sports shoes to enlist, but it is entirely up to you.

Yes, there is no need to bring a big bag. In fact, one of my squad mates brought a small porter bag to enlistment, and it was super easy to bring back after your first book out. During your first book out, it is not necessary to bring back everything, just the uniforms for washing.

Your anello sized bag should be good enough.

the shoe bag isn't for shoe haha it's for my clothes my bag only has my hanger inside haha the bag they give need to keep bring back home and back to camp right ?

Sorbid

Reaction score
Relax, during your PTP phase, you should be able to lose enough weight and be able to run your 2.4 in 10 minutes or less by the time the fit intake comes in.

The police part of your training will probably start after 8 weeks, consisting of shooting, lessons etc.

A regular laptop bag big enough to hold all the items listed will be good enough.

will see i guess. losing weight is for sure but i highly doubt i can meet the requirements like the rest :s13:.

kinda weird that i got enlisted to spf even though i should be in pes bp though since spf dosent have it

Parmesean

Reaction score
will see i guess. losing weight is for sure but i highly doubt i can meet the requirements like the rest :s13:.

kinda weird that i got enlisted to spf even though i should be in pes bp though since spf dosent have it

Technically you still are pes pending (that's what BP stands for, btw), so you still have to go through the training, you are lucky that you got into SPF, but BMT also has a BP squad that goes in the same time as those required to go through the PTP phase.

All the best to you for your confinement!

Nephew

Reaction score
Im also from rp. Help-registrar really taking its own sweet time to reply.

from rp and they havent really been helpful so far on that part, called them instead of emailing though so not sure if it makes a difference? will be going down on monday to see if its possible to get it otherwise probably trying to get one of the transcripts printed out first.....

Nephew

Reaction score
Then do we need to bring slippers?

My friend told me dont need bring so much cos alot things will be provided

Nephew

Reaction score
So during the process of dividing us into squad, the squad will be the guys that will stay with us in the bunk?

Hi

I've checked with my friend, the collared shirt is a waste of money as you probably will never use it. You will first be divided up into squads, afterwards the guys will be sent for their haircut. Subsequently, you all will proceed for collection of your items. The reporting attire is smart casual, with covered shoes. Some of the items in my packing list can be used for regulars as well.

You guys do not have confinement, however, please pack enough undergarments to last the whole week.

HamsterKing

Reaction score
BP squad is like wake up, exercise, chill, exercise and sleep do same thing everyday! And depend on the incharge also if siao on then after dinner still exercise haha! And then you won't do anything but exercise till the fit intake come in

Parmesean

Reaction score
Then do we need to bring slippers?

My friend told me dont need bring so much cos alot things will be provided

slippers will be provided, more like sandles, but if you can bring slippers if you feel more comfortable going to the shower with them.

Im also from rp. Help-registrar really taking its own sweet time to reply.

like I mentioned before, if your certs are lost/misplaced/missing, the transcript will work fine. however, seeing that the both of you are from poly, then the system should be updated to the latest, showing that you are indeed from RP and have already graduated.

HamsterKing

Reaction score
So during the process of dividing us into squad, the squad will be the guys that will stay with us in the bunk?

They group you by your IC lor 10 person per bunk, wear something that you think can last for 2 days first before changing to the PT :)

Nephew

Reaction score
Thanks alot. If they are providing, then i guess no point bringing haha

slippers will be provided, more like sandles, but if you can bring slippers if you feel more comfortable going to the shower with them.

like I mentioned before, if your certs are lost/misplaced/missing, the transcript will work fine. however, seeing that the both of you are from poly, then the system should be updated to the latest, showing that you are indeed from RP and have already graduated.

Nephew

Reaction score
U mean By our NRIC? So lets say example, S955xxxxb will be together with S956xxxxb?
Which means in the bunk, all will be same age ah?

They group you by your IC lor 10 person per bunk, wear something that you think can last for 2 days first before changing to the PT :)

Parmesean

Reaction score

Squads are first divided into BP and non BP, afterwards it depends on your education level. Like those who have 'A' levels/IB diploma will be in one squad, and those with poly diploma in another, private diploma +higher nitec in another squad, and ITE/'O' levels in another squad. Of course there will be more or less one or two of each squad depending on how many people there are in your intake.

Yes, your squad will be the guys who share the bunk with you. Your bunks are really based on luck, for example, my squad was divided into squads based on my FI, whereas other squads were put into their squads based on their names on the squad list (based on NRIC no.)

Last edited:

Parmesean

Reaction score
BP squad is like wake up, exercise, chill, exercise and sleep do same thing everyday! And depend on the incharge also if siao on then after dinner still exercise haha! And then you won't do anything but exercise till the fit intake come in

Technically that is what the less fit intake is supposed to do as well, with a few drill sessions mixed in, and more chill time.....:D

HamsterKing

Reaction score
U mean By our NRIC? So lets say example, S955xxxxb will be together with S956xxxxb?
Which means in the bunk, all will be same age ah?
Can say so if they number the Ic like that to correct my words it's by bday and year born, can be older or younger depends lor

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.