Malaysia prepaid card

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In order to buy that monthly data plan, the RM30 that he tops up will make the card active for that month.

That is, if he's not bought the SLL option.

We can also do a quarterly top-up of RM100 (which will give you 120 days validity).

Once we have subscribe this monthly RM28 7Gb data plan, it will be auto renewable for the following month; 3 months x RM28 = RM84, balance of RM16 credit can use for other purposes.

kitkat2

Reaction score
every month need to top up to make the card active?

no need to be active all the time unless you live in malaysia full time.

it is safer to have the number inactive when you are back in singapore to reduce the risk of incurring unnecessary charges.

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think they will double charge for GST.

My interpretation on their reply is there will be 6% GST deduction from the total top-up amount that we made, either it is physical/e-reload top-up OR any purchase via online banking/credit card.
That's exactly what they meant.
I purchased the season pass online and incurred a GST charge of 3rm on my cc bill. Then another GST charge from my balance credit.

The 2nd reply from xox
Thank you for your reply.

Kindly note that you may purchase XOX recharge voucher from any authorised dealer (e.g; 7-Eleven, E-pay, Popular) to avoid charged GST twice.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what they meant.
I purchased the season pass online and incurred a GST charge of 3rm on my cc bill. Then another GST charge from my balance credit.

The 2nd reply from xox

This is something strange.

My best advise is top-op via another channels and then use your airtime to purchase the SP...

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is something strange.

My best advise is top-op via another channels and then use your airtime to purchase the SP...

I find it strange too. If online cc already charges gst then shouldn't charge a 2nd time.
Anyway that's what xox suggest too. Buy the voucher to topup the credit and use it to purchase the SP, instead of buying the SP directly online

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 2nd reply from xox

From that 2nd reply from them, it looks like they admit there're double GST charges.

I'd feel they've an error there with their GST computation. Using a credit card for direct purchase should not be viewed as there being a top-up done as well.

If you want to pursue the matter, I think their telco governing body may be able to shed some light...

sleeping

Reaction score
Finally bought the digi best prepaid card. Only 8RM for the card which comes with 200mb mb internet for 1st week.

There after to maintain it just top up min 5RM. Can top up via lazada or qoo10 malaysia online before going in JB. Any more online platform to buy top up?

howl__

Reaction score
Finally bought the digi best prepaid card. Only 8RM for the card which comes with 200mb mb internet for 1st week.

There after to maintain it just top up min 5RM. Can top up via lazada or qoo10 malaysia online before going in JB. Any more online platform to buy top up?

From what I read on Digi's website, topping up 5RM will only extend the credits for another 5 days. If top up 10RM, it extends the balance credits another 10 days.

But what about the line validity? will each top up extends for another month?

Can any kind forumers clarify my doubts? Thanks

kitkat2

Reaction score
From what I read on Digi's website, topping up 5RM will only extend the credits for another 5 days. If top up 10RM, it extends the balance credits another 10 days.

go to digi's website and look under sim card lifecycle in the tnc.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you've read the life cycle T&Cs and have any doubts, what exactly are they?

RM5 top-up giving 5 days and RM10 giving 10 days are for the validity of the line. What other line validity are you referring to, and where does this "another month" come in?

sleeping

Reaction score
If you've read the life cycle T&Cs and have any doubts, what exactly are they?

RM5 top-up giving 5 days and RM10 giving 10 days are for the validity of the line. What other line validity are you referring to, and where does this "another month" come in?

It has 75 days grace period before they completely remove your account. After u made a top up....this 75 grace period will reset and start counting down when your top up validity expired....

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From that 2nd reply from them, it looks like they admit there're double GST charges.

I'd feel they've an error there with their GST computation. Using a credit card for direct purchase should not be viewed as there being a top-up done as well.

If you want to pursue the matter, I think their telco governing body may be able to shed some light...

I'm just a small time user. The 10GB SP should be able to last me a long long time, at least for the next 24 mths.
Dont have so much energy to go pursue for mere 3RM. At the most next time just standby more vouchers instead of using direct CC reload

Seems like their logic is every transaction is liable for GST. Which in this case, there's 2 vendors involve, XOX and the 3rd party cc payment company ipay88. So you gonna pay GST for both of their services.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm just a small time user. The 10GB SP should be able to last me a long long time, at least for the next 24 mths.
Dont have so much energy to go pursue for mere 3RM. At the most next time just standby more vouchers instead of using direct CC reload

Seems like their logic is every transaction is liable for GST. Which in this case, there's 2 vendors involve, XOX and the 3rd party cc payment company ipay88. So you gonna pay GST for both of their services.

With OneXOX, I'd just go top up before subscribing to stuff like their Season Pass. Either buy reload vouchers if I'm going over, or just get it through ePay.

Their validity stacks, so topping up RM50 for the 10GB offer will give you another 50 days to your existing date. More time to utilize your 10GB of data too.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a celcom prepaid which last used date was around Dec 2016. Any chance to revive this sim card or I have to pay for a new one?

AFAIK, Celcom prepaid's grace period is 50 days. I'd think it's already terminated by now and they're not known to reactivate such cards.

You can try contacting them if you really want that number back, though I won't bet on it. Or just go get a new one.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like Onexox is a good deal for heavy or frequent visitor.

I using XOX sim. It gives you 28 months validity. It gives free oncoming calls. If you need data, just apply it using season pass or deduct the credit.

The dealer is here selling. Ordered from him. If you frequently go JB, Malaysia use this. Nowadays most phones got 2 sim slots. I leave it in my second sim slot.

kitkat2

Reaction score
The dealer is here selling. Ordered from him. If you frequently go JB, Malaysia use this. Nowadays most phones got 2 sim slots. I leave it in my second sim slot.

obviously he doesnt go to malaysia frequently, otherwise his number wouldnt had died.

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With OneXOX, I'd just go top up before subscribing to stuff like their Season Pass. Either buy reload vouchers if I'm going over, or just get it through ePay.

Their validity stacks, so topping up RM50 for the 10GB offer will give you another 50 days to your existing date. More time to utilize your 10GB of data too.

U didnt get charge GST for topups through epay?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.