Skiing in Korea

shinjisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone went to mt seorak from alpensia?

I booked a 3 days ski package with winter friend and only after confirmation, they advised 30k won driver tip for 3 pax to mt seorak.

i understand tipping is common in korea but 30k won for driver for half day trip is too much. didnt my package covers the driver's pay already?

MonoByte

Reaction score
Anyone went F&E at either High1 Ski Resort or Yongpyong Ski Resort?
Planning to stay at least 1 night there however upon checking agoda, High1 Hotel and Dragon Valley Hotel for the respective resort are out of rooms. Need some help on where to stay now. :(

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone went F&E at either High1 Ski Resort or Yongpyong Ski Resort?
Planning to stay at least 1 night there however upon checking agoda, High1 Hotel and Dragon Valley Hotel for the respective resort are out of rooms. Need some help on where to stay now. :(

If you have access to VISA Concierge (for all VISA platinum card holder), get them to help you book Mayhills Resort (a condo). It is at the base of the High 1 ski resort (just 5 mins shuttle bus ride away from the High 1 ski house). Very good place to stay for High 1 and at half the price (at least) than the main High 1 Resort hotels.

Went in late Jan this year and there was no real snow at all, the snow on the slope were all artificially made and were pretty hard and slippery, so not good for beginner.

MonoByte

Reaction score
If you have access to VISA Concierge (for all VISA platinum card holder), get them to help you book Mayhills Resort (a condo). It is at the base of the High 1 ski resort (just 5 mins shuttle bus ride away from the High 1 ski house). Very good place to stay for High 1 and at half the price (at least) than the main High 1 Resort hotels.

Went in late Jan this year and there was no real snow at all, the snow on the slope were all artificially made and were pretty hard and slippery, so not good for beginner.

Thanks for the recommendation. Guess will wait till September before I start looking for accomodation near the ski sites.

Shy_Shy

Master Member
Reaction score
I just back from Bears town ski resort from snowboarding. Any if u know korean, they also have something like groupon there, except all in korean word of course, and you can get ski lift pass, all gear rentals for very cheap, like about 60 to 70 dollar. from 9am to 4:30pm.

So ski or snowboarding in korea, free and easy style, not expensive. Just there is a catch, you need to catch it. :)

I assume have to get the hotel or hostel people to help u book right. Anyway, what is their groupon equivalent website?

WosasSilv

Reaction score
Found an upcoming skiing trip to Korea organised by YMCA here. It is call Y Ski Korea Exchange 2015 and the trip will be from 19 to 25 Jan 15 . Think is it more than just a skiing trip.

Alex Hsu

Reaction score
Ski Trip Niseko, Japan 2015/2016

Hi guys,

I am planning a ski/snowboard trip to Niseko at the end of the year. If you are thinking of travelling anytime in between 26th Dec 2015 - 6th Feb 2016, this trip is for you. This will be the ski/snowboard trip of the year! You will travel with an amazing group of snow lovers from Singapore and we want you to join us. Limited slots available so get in touch with us soon!

Check out therideside.com or THE RIDE SIDE (facebook.com/therideside) on facebook for more details.

Contact me at alexhsuu@gmail[dot]com

Cheers,
Alex

Dreamy C

Reaction score
Incheon Airport to Alpensia Resort in Pyeongchang

I'm flying to Incheon in December 2017.
Flight reaching Incheon Airport at 07:35AM.

From there, I intend to take Purple Ski Bus to Alpensia Resort in Pyeongchang.
As I do not know how long it take to go through immigration etc., can I make it if I take the bus at 9AM? I understand I have to be there 10 mins earlier for the bus.

Also, how do I take a bus from Alpensia Resort to Gimpo Airport? Any direct bus such as the Purple Ski Bus? I cannot find the route offered on Purple Ski Bus' website.

Many thanks!

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

??????

Master Member
Reaction score

Tassel

Reaction score
You still can, but the snow will not be as good then. Most probably there will be artificial snow, but it will still be quite icy.

Oh... coz i saw those 1 day package all up till Feb. Anyone come across any skii package for middel of Mar?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.