How to appropriately undervolt my Intel Core i5-2400?

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, as you all can see on my profile that i've got an Intel Core i5-2400 on a H67 chipset motherboard. Since i cannot (and not intending to) overclock my CPU, i would like to undervolt my CPU to increase its energy efficiency, lower down the max load temp and power usage.

Which programs should we use to stress test our CPU and what load temps should we be experiencing?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stress test can use prime95
if prime95 never state any error, ur pc never hang, bsod etc then its good to go

tmengyew

Reaction score
I have under volt ( to 1.10v loadline :disable) my cpu but the temp stay the same no different . Maybe u can use the green power utility. (set to performance) it use 1.04v when down loading , surfing net. I also disable the other 2 core when not intensive gaming.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.