Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

idiotboi89

Reaction score
So that was on thing I was thinking about when I recently booked a car in Aus as well - my travel insurance has a coverage of SGD1000, excess on car insurance without buying the zero excess is AUD1000, just nice, no?

I learnt:-

- without the zero excess insurance by the car company, in case of any accident you pay the first 1k, then claim from the insurance company, i.e., you can get rejected by my insurer.

- in my case, when i went to the rental company, i found out that it was AUD1000 excess per incident. On my travel insurance it was a cumulative sum.

- i was returning my car at night, and one of the clauses with my renter was that if you get into an accident at night and you don't have the zero excess insurance you'd have to wait for it to be assessed first, that is, in the morning.

I also was suay enough to get hit by a flying stone and had a small chip/ deep scratch on the windscreen quite early into my trip heh.:s13:

Can i say that if you pay to cover zero excess, would that mean if you did have to use it, you can claim it from travel insurance?

How would it work in this case?

cokiee

Reaction score
Can i say that if you pay to cover zero excess, would that mean if you did have to use it, you can claim it from travel insurance?

How would it work in this case?

Nono, if you pay for zero excess, you're basically buying a rider on the basic policy that comes with the rental of the car, so that you pay zero excess, i.e., your insurance plan that comes with the rental now covers you from first dollar up. Note that this is different from your travel insurance.

Hi Cokiee

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The cumulative sum part, i had guessed just as well but the many chances of 'minor accidents' while on the road...that one is a good reminder. i was more worried about wild animals but flying stones... okie, will really have to take note of.

i guess i would have to get the zero excess coverage as well. any suggestion which other insurer to get from? might not want to get from the car rental company.

I don't rent very much to be honest, but I would think that these zero excess things are riders, i.e., can only be tagged on to the main policy - which comes with the rental of the car.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
what is the code?

vroomvroom offer Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance.
This is different from the insurance offer from the car rental company.

In the event of claim, car company will deduct the excess from my credit card. I had to claim the money from vroomvroom later?

U Google n shd see quite a few portals which give a number of code. Then u try out which code is better for your dates

Mine is thru Hertz website. Didn't chk vroom so dunno the price difference

iphone88

Reaction score
any rental company similar to bayswater? Offer zero excess at attractive rate?
Few years ago, I try bayswater as it was much cheaper than other car rental companies.
I just check bayswater rate. It is about the same price as Hertz, Avis...

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
what is the code?

vroomvroom offer Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance.
This is different from the insurance offer from the car rental company.

In the event of claim, car company will deduct the excess from my credit card. I had to claim the money from vroomvroom later?

HERTZ australia website have some offers... 7 days rental got 20% off..

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone rented X-trail from hertz perth? is there any AUX in for the audio? or only USB port for the audio?

poonyq

Reaction score
Whats the best Rental next to APEX in perth? Seems like for those flying scoot, the Bayswater Rental isnt the best choice if we need the car straight from Airport.

sunrise_1

Reaction score
Hi any car rentals in perth that allows 4am return? My flightback is 6am unfortunately. Or any transport option to perth airport for 6am flight?

PeaceDreamZ

Reaction score
Hertz Claim

Anyone try claiming from Hertz before? I have emailed them more than two weeks ago but nobody get back to me.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi any car rentals in perth that allows 4am return? My flightback is 6am unfortunately. Or any transport option to perth airport for 6am flight?

Check with them when you collect your car, if airport, they would allow for drop off anytime.

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone try claiming from Hertz before? I have emailed them more than two weeks ago but nobody get back to me.

Normally is rental company claim people, seldom heard people claim rental company. Mind to share what happened?

Quasar

Reaction score
Thanks, i will book with 4am return time and see what they say.
Actually the counter is manned only from like 8am to 6pm. The rest of the time is officially unmanned, but there is usually someone there doing paperwork. I left at a 1am flight and returned the car around 11pm. I passed the key to the lady who was there but she said they will only process it in the morning. As long as you don't exceed the agreed time, you should be fine. Also, it's good to book in full blocks of 24hrs to give yourself more buffer. They'll charge you daily rates once you pass 12 hours anyway.

Just take photos of where you left the car, petrol receipt and the mileage when you left the car to avoid disputes later.

poonyq

Reaction score
Anyone tried City Center Car Rentals? Got reviews anot? The rates are very near Bayswater, with a additional 10AUD for dropoff and pick up at the airport.

PeaceDreamZ

Reaction score
my rear window got smashed and backpack stolen while i parked my car at Margaret River region. I called Hertz and they said can't change the car for me as i was quite far away from Perth. hence they advised me to get the window fix at the nearby car garage and they will reimburse me back later on. i got the window fix after spending a day going through all the hassle. Therefore I have emailed their Claim dep and waiting for their follow up. It has been more than 2 weeks and i haven't heard from them. So i wonder how fast is their response usually.

Anyway lesson learnt, never place any bags or something which looks valuable in your car. keep it out of sights. Trust me, you don't wanna drive around with a broken window when the weather is cold. Do take note my fellow friends who are going perth. :) luckily for me, there wasn't important stuff in the bag. Thanks for all the reply!

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my rear window got smashed and backpack stolen while i parked my car at Margaret River region. I called Hertz and they said can't change the car for me as i was quite far away from Perth. hence they advised me to get the window fix at the nearby car garage and they will reimburse me back later on. i got the window fix after spending a day going through all the hassle. Therefore I have emailed their Claim dep and waiting for their follow up. It has been more than 2 weeks and i haven't heard from them. So i wonder how fast is their response usually.

Anyway lesson learnt, never place any bags or something which looks valuable in your car. keep it out of sights. Trust me, you don't wanna drive around with a broken window when the weather is cold. Do take note my fellow friends who are going perth. :) luckily for me, there wasn't important stuff in the bag. Thanks for all the reply!

That was a sh|t experience while on holidays, if i were you. I would demand them send a car over regardless.. no excuse of being far or whatsoever..

Why would they expect the customer to do the leg work for them? We paid insurance for these purposes isn't it?

Anyway hope they sort it out for you soon

cc2mss5

Reaction score
my rear window got smashed and backpack stolen while i parked my car at Margaret River region.

Sorry to hear that.

If u dun mind, can elaborate the scenario like:
- where did u park? Open space or covered like multi storey carpark
- which part of Margaret river
- time u left the car
- time u discovered

As i will have instances where all our luggages will be in the car, I like to know how best I can reduce the chances

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.