OCBC Voyage Card

Shutterwhale

Reaction score
Not avoid, it was offered by the bank. If i remember the 3 options:

a) Pay annual fee in full, SGD488 and get 25,000 Voyage Miles
b) Pay SGD192.50 and get no Voyage Miles
c) Pay SGD0 and use 25,000 Voyage Miles to offset

My spending last year was between SGD50,000 - SGD75,000

Option A is great since it gives you the same 'rate' as the S$10,000 annual fee option (for 500K miles). Hope to be offered that when my card is due for renewal! :s12:

hatblade

Reaction score
Option A is great since it gives you the same 'rate' as the S$10,000 annual fee option (for 500K miles). Hope to be offered that when my card is due for renewal! :s12:

I took up the 500k offer when I applied for this card, and sure hope they will offer it again at renewal time :)

hatblade

Reaction score
You mean you can actually find redemption availability for 4 pax?? ;)

Ah yes .. we need a SkyPesos equivalent moniker. KrisNoFlyer miles?

It can be done with the right planning and time horizon. E.g. I just plugged in random dates in Mar 2018 from SIN-LHR/CPH/BCN for 4 pax, and can find 4 SQ J R/T Saver award seats on several flights. US routes do tend to be more capacity controlled, and you need to be willing to split flights, legs or parent+kid pairs to find something that works. And then there are also *A partners like ANA to consider.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has tried to redeem the Voyage Miles for SQ KrisFlyer miles online?

My card was retained by ATM machine and they replaced with a new card with a new set of card numbers. I have been trying to redeem my points for miles online and via the Phone Banking System and encountered the following error:

SOA Service not available

The CSO advised me to wait and try at a later time. Is this error due to the replaced card or that the system error? Thanks!

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score

My card was retained by ATM machine and they replaced with a new card with a new set of card numbers. I have been trying to redeem my points for miles online and via the Phone Banking System and encountered the following error:

The CSO advised me to wait and try at a later time. Is this error due to the replaced card or that the system error? Thanks!

Sorry to hear. My card Tio makan once but they gave me back same card as no damage. Sorry never try conversion before

kelvinloh

Reaction score
Does the Sub Card holder able to utilize the Plaza Premium Lounge Alone, meaning without the Principal card holder? Thanks.

Ecadua

Reaction score
Not avoid, it was offered by the bank. If i remember the 3 options:

a) Pay annual fee in full, SGD488 and get 25,000 Voyage Miles
b) Pay SGD192.50 and get no Voyage Miles
c) Pay SGD0 and use 25,000 Voyage Miles to offset

My spending last year was between SGD50,000 - SGD75,000

Quite surprised the bank didn't waive the annual fee foc since you should have met the min annual spend (or at least thereabouts). Saw the recent ocbc ads on a 'fixed' min. spend for annual fee waivers (with the Voyage card stated as call to check)- so I called the bank to check what exactly is the min. spend and they confirmed that as I have already met it I will get a fee waiver for not just my card, but my sub cards as well. I will still have the option to buy miles upon the end of my membership year, but that's a good ~5 months down the road and hopefully better options are offered.

Aside from this, I just received the plaza premium lounge card from ocbc. Is it the norm to only receive it after >6 months into the card membership? Also not sure what the point of only receiving the card now since it's stated it'll only be effective till Oct'17 :s22:

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
Aside from this, I just received the plaza premium lounge card from ocbc. Is it the norm to only receive it after >6 months into the card membership? Also not sure what the point of only receiving the card now since it's stated it'll only be effective till Oct'17 :s22:
I haven't checked my mails but currently for Plaza lounge I just use my Voyage card as entry

chesterchen

Reaction score

I had my credit card (I use it as an ATM card as well) retained by the ATM machine twice, due to the feeder being buggy.

It is actually possible for them to retrieve the card and courier it to the closest OCBC branch for you to pick up.

Whole process took about a week though.

chesterchen

Reaction score

I have been with them for a year plus and I just received it too.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
I had my credit card (I use it as an ATM card as well) retained by the ATM machine twice, due to the feeder being buggy.

It is actually possible for them to retrieve the card and courier it to the closest OCBC branch for you to pick up.

Whole process took about a week though.

Haha...who else? I experienced this once. Join the club #metalcardsucked

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Does the Sub Card holder able to utilize the Plaza Premium Lounge Alone, meaning without the Principal card holder? Thanks.

Hi kelvinloh,

Yes, the supplementary cardholder would be able to utilize the Plaza Premium Lounge without the Principal cardholder's accompaniment.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Quite surprised the bank didn't waive the annual fee foc since you should have met the min annual spend (or at least thereabouts). Saw the recent ocbc ads on a 'fixed' min. spend for annual fee waivers (with the Voyage card stated as call to check)- so I called the bank to check what exactly is the min. spend and they confirmed that as I have already met it I will get a fee waiver for not just my card, but my sub cards as well. I will still have the option to buy miles upon the end of my membership year, but that's a good ~5 months down the road and hopefully better options are offered.

I have been with them for a year plus and I just received it too.

Hi Ecadua and chesterchen,

We hear your questions on the Plaza Premium Lounge Card.

Do allow us to clarify that this card gives one of your family members or friends a one-time access (valid till 31 October 2017) to over 70 VIP airport lounges around the world. This is on top of your existing VOYAGE Card lounge privilege, which grants you and one accompanying guest unlimited entry.

The person holding this Plaza Premium Lounge Card will also not require the Voyage cardholder’s accompaniment during her/his visit to the Lounge.

More information on this can be found in the letter sent with the card as well.

If you have further questions, feel free to drop us a DM and we’ll be glad to clarify.

^WX

Shutterwhale

Reaction score

the plaza premium lounge card is just a guest pass :) can pass to a friend or family member haha i have not had any issues getting into plaza premium lounges with my voyage card alone. :)

kelvinloh

Reaction score
Thank you for the confirmation. I read the T&C, it did not explicitly indicated as such, whether it is a principal card holder or it can be sub card holder.

How do I apply for the Plaza Premium Lounge Card? I did not receive any letter related to this.

Hi kelvinloh,

Yes, the supplementary cardholder would be able to utilize the Plaza Premium Lounge without the Principal cardholder's accompaniment.

^WX

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.