Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

clara03

Reaction score
Quick question.

Are we allowed to bring convenience stores food and drinks or even mineral water to USJ and Disneyland?

Thanks!

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
plan to go tokyo on cooler months, so am wondering if am able to buy duty free uniqlo upon arrival @ narita? TQ!

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
plan to go tokyo on cooler months, so am wondering if am able to buy duty free uniqlo upon arrival @ narita? TQ!

Narita has Muji and Uniqlo at the public shopping area. You'd need to go to the departure corner first.

Nanako1

Reaction score
Quick question.

Are we allowed to bring convenience stores food and drinks or even mineral water to USJ and Disneyland?

Thanks!

From my understanding is not allowed unless u have dietary restriction. But they have a picnic area jus outside disneyland main entrance where u can bring n eat outside food.

Nanako1

Reaction score
Any suggestion on when to start booking hotels in Tokyo for next year Sakura season?
for those peak season it better to book 6mth in adv in my opinion as those good and cheap hotel is usually snap us fast. My friend going in peak season autumn nov and the hotel I recommend her is already fully book when she try book in march.

cryingsmiley

Reaction score
i tried booking, but all the hotels i tried so far says no availability. is it really sold out or just not open yet? thanks!

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried booking, but all the hotels i tried so far says no availability. is it really sold out or just not open yet? thanks!

Tokyo got many hotels. also not best place for Sakura unlike Kyoto.

I don't think need to book that early. Maybe oct/nov start booking also seems early

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see ... so no duty-free for arrival? i read uniqlo stuffs sold in japan are of better quality?

another question, is there anywhere i can search for hotel/resort offering 1 night stay + 2 meals package (一泊二食) like those showing on japan hour?
Narita has Muji and Uniqlo at the public shopping area. You'd need to go to the departure corner first.

thwysg

Reaction score
i see ... so no duty-free for arrival? i read uniqlo stuffs sold in japan are of better quality?

another question, is there anywhere i can search for hotel/resort offering 1 night stay + 2 meals package (一泊二食) like those showing on japan hour?

So long as you hit ¥10,800 in Uniqlo store, you could claim tax refund. They are also made in China and other developing countries. Just that Uniqlo would probably launch certain lines in Japan first.

As for those half-board plans, such accommodation is easily found under ryokan or hotels located in onsen towns. Can try Japanican, Jalan.net and others. Some charge room only, room + breakfast, room + dinner + breakfast.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
regarding shinkansen luggage restrictions, the L B H of it must be 250cm. so i measured mine and it is around 170, should be ok right?
mine is quite a big luggage, i dont know how big 250 is.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
regarding shinkansen luggage restrictions, the L B H of it must be 250cm. so i measured mine and it is around 170, should be ok right?
mine is quite a big luggage, i dont know how big 250 is.

they don't usual check the luggage size but you will probably have to place you luggage at the racks near the toilet, out of your sight. but it's usually quite safe, unlikely to get stolen.

your luggage is 30"? it can be quite cumbersome to use large luggage in japan as there might be be lifts/escalators available.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember they have number locks for certain shinkansen luggage racks. I didnt use it myself, but i saw others make use of them.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do I send luggage to my second hotel (Tokyo->kyoto)

I going hakone the same day but I send luggage thru yamato?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for hotel early bookings (about 10-11months before departure)?

the ones i stayed for my previous trip was kinda of last min and not many choices left.

im looking at decent size for 3 ppl in a room for shibuya/shinsaibashi and sapporo :s12:

prefer those walking distance from mrt!

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember they have number locks for certain shinkansen luggage racks. I didnt use it myself, but i saw others make use of them.

Shinkansen no special luggage compartment one.

Either put in front of leg in your seat. Or on top at the overhead compartment or can choose last seat in the cabin, last seat behind got space for luggage but then you can recline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.