Official May 2017 SBF

Poshua

Reaction score
Finally the wait is over
http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu06p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_page_7239/$file/about0.html

Heng heng everyone!:D

capri87

Reaction score
anyone knows why queenstown left so many balance units? I thought its a good location?

ZEEmonster

Reaction score
anyone knows why queenstown left so many balance units? I thought its a good location?

The many balance units are from a SERS development (Dawson Site C: SkyParc@Dawson) from which residents of Tanglin Halt had the chance to go for. This is the first time that balance units from this development are made available via a SOBF exercise, which is why there are really many units available.

rightthumb

Reaction score
I mean the % set aside for first timer is it higher in sobf than in bto (eg. 75% allocated for bto and 90% for sobf)?

an extract from HDB's website:
16gh06r.jpg

tellyphone

Reaction score
Hi, would u go for 4 room or 5 room in queenstown or bt merah?

4 rm really very small 83sqm nia...

I like 5 room but the price is steep!!

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
very sad that singles under 55 can only apply for non-matured, end up its only bukit batok and bukit panjang that have hope.
but looking at the previous 2 SBF ratio, think it'll end up being 30:1 ratio and above.

wah first timer singles 5% for SBF only ah.
win liao lor. think i cancel go apply the BTO higher chance.
i feel damn stupid waste my 10$. for bukit batok its 4.4 to 1 unit now.
https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/AR_May2017_SBF?strSystem=SBF

Last edited:

ChocoC

Reaction score
still thinking to go for bukit batok 4-room or not :D
any takers here? *waves

mollyfeesh

Reaction score

I'd choose Queenstown as amenities are all nearby. With Bukit Merah, there is a chance the queue number will only allow you to pick the flats at Telok Blangah or Depot Heights, which can be pretty inconvenient.

starstruck123

Reaction score

might be a good idea for you to decide after checking out the proj locations and/or after the weekend and ballot for the one with "higher" chance of getting a number.

my views on the 2 estates, as i have been aiming for them since last year.
bukit merah:
most units are in telok blangah which, even though quiet, has some amenities (ntuc, dental) and near to mt faber so you get some greenery. pretty close to vivocity if you want more stuff. downside is that the walk to mrt may be long.
other 4rm units are pretty ok, except the 7 units from Depot which is hard to get in or out. This estate has my favourite units (if only i could get it), i.e. that one unit at Havelock which is near to future havelock mrt station and within proximity to tiong bahru station yet far enough to get your own quietness. sadly, not applicable for chinese. Else CityVue units are pretty attractive too.

Queenstown:
most units are from the leftovers of Tanglin Halt SERS. mainly surrounded by HDBs (SkyVille, SkyTerrace and the plot in front is reserved for future development) so you dont get much of a view. some amenities from Dawson Place or the neighbouring HDB clusters. Houses are mostly 83 sqm too, which is really a bummer. And it is not exactly that close to the mrt station
Other units: either at Commonwealth 10; convenient but low level units are left-->roach alert! or at Ghim moh link which is placed in between Buona Vista and Dover with little amenities nearby.

starstruck123

Reaction score
is the kallang one.. trivista good?
if you dont mind staying near the river and the canal, it is pretty good IMO based on its location
more info on the units:
http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampuadp.nsf/0/SE_Images/$file/Kallang%20Trivista.pdf

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Are my parents eligible for SBF if they are selling away their current BTO flat?

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes fulfilled 5 years ago.
DO they need to pay levy?

As a 2nd timer, lower chances than all the applicants?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.