monitor for Ps4 pro

stevetronik

Reaction score
i did a very intensive research, sort of. i am looking for a 4k monitor for ps4 pro to play hzd nier automata and in the future days gone and rdr2 also old game like last of us. now that i got the context out of the way.
i narrowed down to LG 27UD68 27UD88 not sure if the true color pro on the 88 matters or not, its 350 nits vs 300 nits. i am most inclined to the 88, what do you guys suggest. i wanted a gsync 4k 5ms gtg hdr10 monitor but that doesnt exactly exist yet. i could wait for LG 32UD99 coming out soon but probably cost more than a thousand or the holy grail asus RoG swift also would have cost a bomb. i like to hear from anyone that uses a monitor for ps4 pro, edit : reason is i want to use along with my pc

Rogue

Reaction score
LG 32UD99 is coming out end of this month.... Price is 999 USD, not sure about local pricing. Freesync though. Price is okay to me since it's a 32" screen after all.

For PS4 pro, should be great since it's 4K and has HDR10. Also as a monitor, you are expected to sit about 30 to 50 cm away from the screen hence the lower nits as compared a TV or your eyes will fry(not literally...).

TV will have odd scaling issues if you don't know how to configure your PC for them manually. Don't ask me, not bothered to be a tech support for anyone.

Edit: Hmm seems like there's an issue with enabling HDR for PS4 pro. Not sure if the reviewer(IGN masterclass) did not read the manual on how to enable it properly or the monitor itself need a patch. Here's a video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JIoZ_u8y3E for it.

Last edited:

thevissers

Reaction score
LG 32UD99 has a gaming mode. any thoughts on what you guys think of it as a gaming monitor compared to other gaming monitors with higher refresh rates?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS did say he is going to use with PC also... And what's wrong with using monitor with PS4 anyway. I'm using PS3 with monitor. Via OBS.

qwertified

Reaction score
TV have to sit further away, not convenient if you use it for PC as well. Chor sia 4k monitor >1k. Need 32"? 27" already very big.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
if i were to use a 1440p monitor, on a ps4 slim, will it downgrade properly to 1080p reso?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
if i were to use a 1440p monitor, on a ps4 slim, will it downgrade properly to 1080p reso?

Downgrade? It will already be running at 1080P and yes, it will run properly. Have been playing that way with my Phat PS4. But for PS4 Pro, am trying to use my 4K TV as often because the sharpness and details are just too absolutely stunning to miss out because my monitor can't support 4K.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Downgrade? It will already be running at 1080P and yes, it will run properly. Have been playing that way with my Phat PS4. But for PS4 Pro, am trying to use my 4K TV as often because the sharpness and details are just too absolutely stunning to miss out because my monitor can't support 4K.
Thx, so ps4 slim only supports up to 1080p regardless of tv/monitor reso?

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends on your 1440p monitor. Presumably all 1440p should be able to upscale any 1080p input image. However the quality is going to depend on the upscaler circuit of the monitor.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends on your 1440p monitor. Presumably all 1440p should be able to upscale any 1080p input image. However the quality is going to depend on the upscaler circuit of the monitor.

thanks for the reply. im using dell u2717d.

will i experience more lag cause of the resolution?

jeemus

Reaction score
I was thinking of the LG 32UD99 (because it also has HDR) as well for a PS4 Pro that I intend to buy.

HDR is something that many gamers have been waiting for because the visual changes are quite apparent.

But for PC gaming it may not be the best because the refresh rate is only 60Hz on the monitor, and for 'proper' PC gaming higher Hz is preferred. The PS4 / Pro support a max of 60Hz so it doesn't matter.

If you are an avid PC gamer and your PC has an nVidia card then you won't be able to use the FreeSync technology of the LG monitor; you'll need a G-Sync monitor for that.

There's the Predator X27 that's not out yet (and very likely much more expensive than the LG monitor) but it has HDR, G Sync, high refresh rate (and everything desired in a top end gaming monitor) so it's perfect for PC gaming. For console gaming both "sync" techs won't apply (or at least not yet?)

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of the LG 32UD99 (because it also has HDR) as well for a PS4 Pro that I intend to buy.

HDR is something that many gamers have been waiting for because the visual changes are quite apparent.

But for PC gaming it may not be the best because the refresh rate is only 60Hz on the monitor, and for 'proper' PC gaming higher Hz is preferred. The PS4 / Pro support a max of 60Hz so it doesn't matter.

If you are an avid PC gamer and your PC has an nVidia card then you won't be able to use the FreeSync technology of the LG monitor; you'll need a G-Sync monitor for that.

There's the Predator X27 that's not out yet (and very likely much more expensive than the LG monitor) but it has HDR, G Sync, high refresh rate (and everything desired in a top end gaming monitor) so it's perfect for PC gaming. For console gaming both "sync" techs won't apply (or at least not yet?)

HDR is something for noncompetitive gamers, because competitive gamers turn it off because it handicaps their vision

In the same vein, >60Hz is only needed for very competitive gamers

jeemus

Reaction score
Yeah true, that's another valid sub-category of gamers.

So if you were in my shoes, would you get the monitor for a PS$ Pro? In the US it's USD 999

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.