HTC U 11

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if its the 6G/ 128G version, really is no horse run. At least till Op5 comes with 8G RAM :s22:

I don't care about the ram. HTC 10 when I used briefly had a fantastic UI and no crap. Even with 8gb of ram, you won't really maximise the use of the remaining memory. 6gb of ram already considered alot already.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahah. Chill lah
Yes htc and Sony have one of the lightest Roms around. Especially htc is well known all the while for a very speedy rom unlike sammy and it's bloat you lag whiz

The large ram is more of future proofing and multitasking. For example pokemon go will almost always stop in most android phones except op3 (probably due to that ram) when u move to other apps . It won't run in background.

Of course future proofing is less of an issue since most of the elite here change phones within 6 maths max :s13:

But all in all, this is a right step for HTC, now they have the specs to play with the big boys. Sadly most mainstream consumers look at specs and not juts sold on the sexperience like us. Mainstream users are also the main customer base that can keep HTC alive.

I don't care about the ram. HTC 10 when I used briefly had a fantastic UI and no crap. Even with 8gb of ram, you won't really maximise the use of the remaining memory. 6gb of ram already considered alot already.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahah. Chill lah
Yes htc and Sony have one of the lightest Roms around. Especially htc is well known all the while for a very speedy rom unlike sammy and it's bloat you lag whiz

The large ram is more of future proofing and multitasking. For example pokemon go will almost always stop in most android phones except op3 (probably due to that ram) when u move to other apps . It won't run in background.

Of course future proofing is less of an issue since most of the elite here change phones within 6 maths max :s13:

But all in all, this is a right step for HTC, now they have the specs to play with the big boys. Sadly most mainstream consumers look at specs and not juts sold on the sexperience like us. Mainstream users are also the main customer base that can keep HTC alive.

Sorry if I sounded rude. Exactly. HTC and Sony has best roms. I just wonder if the front facing camera is good. I mean it can't be as bad as the G6 I hope.

durianpancakes

Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded rude. Exactly. HTC and Sony has best roms. I just wonder if the front facing camera is good. I mean it can't be as bad as the G6 I hope.

From samples in YouTube, video stabilisation isn't particularly anything to write home about for the front facing, but the video's dynamic range and detail is so excellent that I'm really speechless.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah cannot wait to try, I have never remember ever owning a HTC phone that can do good photos ever. Had the u ultra recently and it's camera is really bky

From samples in YouTube, video stabilisation isn't particularly anything to write home about for the front facing, but the video's dynamic range and detail is so excellent that I'm really speechless.

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
HTC must solve its main marketing bugbear...... the question many non-users say to HTC fans like me.... "Eeeee.... why you use HTC one" as if we are from another planet.

So practical innovation, interesting designs & keeping IU clean have always kept me happy to buy HTC again & again.

Please continue to make great phones HTC, and more users will come. But I'm not complaining the 'exclusivity' though keke.

Hahah. Chill lah

durianpancakes

Reaction score
HTC must solve its main marketing bugbear...... the question many non-users say to HTC fans like me.... "Eeeee.... why you use HTC one" as if we are from another planet.

So practical innovation, interesting designs & keeping IU clean have always kept me happy to buy HTC again & again.

Please continue to make great phones HTC, and more users will come. But I'm not complaining the 'exclusivity' though keke.

they should just make an experience store/pop up store and let htc fans help them promote lol. i dont mind doing it without pay :)

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
Wah swee! I'm in for this too!!

HTC are you listening??

How abt a HTC fans day? And we get freebies or good discounts too :D

t
hey should just make an experience store/pop up store and let htc fans help them promote lol. i dont mind doing it without pay :)

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/HTC-U11-Mobile-review-The-new-DxOMark-leader

With an overall DxOMark Mobile score of 90, the HTC U11 is the highest-rated smartphone camera we have ever tested. As you’d expect from a top performer, its scores are impressive across the board. In particular, its very low noise and fast autofocus helped edge it ahead of our previous highest-scoring phone, the Google Pixel. The HTC U11 features remarkably consistent performance in a wide variety of shooting conditions, making it a great camera for most situations. .

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
What colour?

htcu11colors_0.jpg

Seems that red will only be available later.
What is your favourite colour?
  1. Amazing Silver
  2. Sapphire Blue
  3. Brilliant Black
  4. Solar Red
  5. Ice White

Source: http://www.htc.com/sea/smartphones/htc-u11/ and http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-hands-htc-u11-first-squeezable-smartphone

Last edited:

durianpancakes

Reaction score

htcu11colors_0.jpg

Seems that red will only be available later.
What is your favourite colour?
  1. Amazing Silver
  2. Sapphire Blue
  3. Brilliant Black
  4. Solar Red
  5. Ice White

Source: http://www.htc.com/sea/smartphones/htc-u11/ and http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-hands-htc-u11-first-squeezable-smartphone

There is only one for me..amazing silver LOL

HTC are you listening??

They should give us uh-oh protection. jk too expensive lolol

HamsterKing

Reaction score

HTC are you listening??

This forum too ulu for HTC to read haha! Try their fb page on the comment section try commenting haha they will reply to your comment and let us know!

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah the camera. For the first time I have to say it is really comparable to the best of the flagship phone cameras. Might win S8 in some aspects

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah the camera. For the first time I have to say it is really comparable to the best of the flagship phone cameras. Might win S8 in some aspects

Exactly. Only thing I hope they sort out is the oversaturation in the photos. That's the only gripe.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.