The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
Thanks for telling me! Is there any new SSS that people are using like MM?

Hmm MM refers to Morris Motley though.. it's a finishing product haha. SSS wise.. OS and Ref 323 are honestly the most effective I've tried. Alot of the other salon brand's SSS have oils etc which weigh down the hair.. the opposite of what you want.

nichsong

Reaction score
Hahah yeah. But i try to keep my hair product price below $25 ughhhh. $40 is quite a pretty penny

Same thoughts here, but MM is definitely worth the price haha. Its the only product so far that I say is worth paying above average

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahah yeah. But i try to keep my hair product price below $25 ughhhh. $40 is quite a pretty penny

ever try uevo series?

worth a try. loving mine, on my 3rd jar ever since i came back from japan.

still have my deuxer 6 and spice sister. gonna start going back and use them all up

my baxter clay pomade still quite abit left.

carter supply - if you guys are interested, i can bring them in, maybe by the 3rd quarter of this year.

looking to bring these in, forget how the elevate and flux works already. i rmb flux quite good
Talking to carter supply now, its glass jar and the weight might be an issue.
If say, i were to retail these at $28, would you pay for it? i think its around 80g

Carter-Supply-Company-Fortify-High-Firm-Matte-Clay-with-Jojoba-Oil-Hair-Product-4_grande.jpg

Carter-Supply-Company-Flux-Strong-Matte-Wax-Hair-Product-3_grande.jpg

Carter-Supply-Company-Elevate-Medium-Lifting-Cream-Hair-Product-5_grande.jpg

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
carter supply have some quite interesting videos. slikhaar videos standard now become too mainstream and all pretty much the same hair. mainstream success, hope they still can innovate.

have been sporting this style for god knows how long. haha still the easiest hair style to wear now in almost all occasion

hwarong

Reaction score
update

These are the WORST hair styling brands in the market. Worse than Gatsby. Check HSA and most of these are sourced in China thru Alibaba.com. Cost price 30cents. These are the brands that will never be used by reputable professional hair stylists in high end salons.

1. Apestomen
2. Rugged Supply
3. KO (Knock out)
4. Madrat
5. Ubersuave
6. Manigto
7. Mat Jambol
8. Getzgy
9. Refined Supply
10. We need a hero (Hero Pomade)

Feel free to add if I miss out anything.

hey guys,
came across this thread and wanna share more about this.
Been using pomades from loads of brands.
(from US products like suavecito, slick devils, bonafide, to the white label range too.)

Here are my opinions on those "White Label ones".

1. Apestomen (All 3 Products)

2. Rugged Supply (Old one yes, Not sure on the Latest black tub Maniac Hold)

3. KO (Knock out) ( Pomade and "Clay")

4. Madrat (The Green Pomade)

5. Ubersuave (Both Pomade & Hair Wax)

6. Manigto (All 3 Products)

7. Mat Jambol (Obvious Green Pomade)

8. Refined Supply (They updated their products, but..still the same ones..only bigger black tubs; Pomade- Strong Hold Pomade- Clay, disappointed)

9. We need a hero (Hero Pomade) (Never tried this before, but if you say so...okay then:D)

10. TGR (The Golden Rule) (All 3 ranges..same like Refined Supply. but made in black tins)

11. QUINCY by DEFY Empire (I have no idea why this brand never mentioned in the forums. So i got to voice it out. LITERALLY ALL Quincy products are made in China! and its $28 per tub. Ridiculous! Tiki edition my a$$)

12. Goldfingers Pomade (Only got 1 type. Those sweet honeydew scented which is yeap, MIC too. Very similar to Jadioc Favourite Pomade, can be found in MegaFash outlets)

13. Undisputed Pomade (This is the worst pomade. Exactly like Wak Doyok Pomade, which is also made in silver tins with shitty hold)

14. JasYouNic Pomade (old product. MIC too)

15. Hipster Pomade (this is not a SG brand, but i still wanna voice it out that these are MIC too)

16. Luft's Pomade (Another water based pomade apple scented in silver tin)

17. Signature Pomades (Same manufactured from TGR brands..just different label)

18. Average Joe Pomade & Wax (MIC too)

- Getzgy
- I placed Getzgy in the last part because its a Lengthy Neutral point of view.
I believe their previous ones like the classic pomade is definitely white label. Not sure on the other Classic pomade though.

But Currently,
Getzgy did a makeover of their products by releasing 2 Homebrewed ones:
Mad Wax & Singapomade.
Bought Mad Wax and requested for Singapomade sample and tried it.
So far, both products are totally different from the market and worth mentioning.
Currently using it though and no bad dryness or straw hairs effect.

Conclusion: IMO, i wont be placing Getzgy under "worst" product line ups since i believe they finally change their concept in hair product range; another legit homebrewed ones like Leo Pomades.
And again, this is just my personal opinion cause finally, something different that worth stating it as local brand.

DISCLAMER:
Most products thats ive stated are the products that ive personally bought (or sampled) and tested. NO sponsored or whatsoever..just my personal experience.
Theres More White/Label products which are sold in Carousell (especially those in Silver/Black/Coloured tins), but i believe buyers got some common sense to stay away from it, regardless of their super cheap price.

Last edited:

evildrug

Reaction score
Hi, recently I bought MM chrome on carousell. However I came across an online store called Hervaux and they state on their wholesale page that they are exclusive distributor for MM in Singapore, and under the authorised retailer section, I only see Hairppening as one of the authorised retailer for MM.

They also dont allow carousell selling. Now I am worried my MM is not authentic.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently I bought MM chrome on carousell. However I came across an online store called Hervaux and they state on their wholesale page that they are exclusive distributor for MM in Singapore, and under the authorised retailer section, I only see Hairppening as one of the authorised retailer for MM.

They also dont allow carousell selling. Now I am worried my MM is not authentic.

News just came in. Hervaux is the distro now.
I am the appointed retailer by them.
Don't worry it's authentic.
Cannot have fake one la

nichsong

Reaction score
Latest GetZGY Mad Wax

So guys, bought and got my hands on the updated formula of GetZGY's mad wax. As mentioned by the owner Martin, it supposedly has a higher hold due to an increase in beeswax content and reduction in water content. (After my feedback on the original formula that a drier formula overall may be better for our hair type).

And I've got to say guys I'm very, very impressed. The product starts out firm to the touch and in the hair, but settles into a nice natural, moldable state after awhile - yet managing to provide and maintain volume. It is also incredibly lightweight, which is a constant even amongst the samples I was sent. Additionally, since it is a homebrew formula containing ingredients such as Shea Butter, the hair does feel more moisturised after a feel uses. Overall the current characteristics of the product remind me of how Morris Motley Balm behaves. *

To all those who are into homebrewed products, or are willing to try out and explore new products, do try it out. Thus far, it is the only local made product that I fully endorse. You guys know I won't BS you.

* Speaking about the behaviour of the product - how Morris starts out firmly but settles into a more moldable, touchable hold after awhile.

nichsong

Reaction score
For a product like Flux that works as well as it does in our weather, I think 28 bucks is pretty okay, taking into consideration that all the other products are about that price. (Take note that Baxter Clay is only 60ml and costs betwen 29-33 bucks) Hopefully the rest of the line also works well! Their Fortify Clay looks promising.

ever try uevo series?

worth a try. loving mine, on my 3rd jar ever since i came back from japan.

still have my deuxer 6 and spice sister. gonna start going back and use them all up

my baxter clay pomade still quite abit left.

carter supply - if you guys are interested, i can bring them in, maybe by the 3rd quarter of this year.

looking to bring these in, forget how the elevate and flux works already. i rmb flux quite good
Talking to carter supply now, its glass jar and the weight might be an issue.
If say, i were to retail these at $28, would you pay for it? i think its around 80g

Carter-Supply-Company-Fortify-High-Firm-Matte-Clay-with-Jojoba-Oil-Hair-Product-4_grande.jpg

Carter-Supply-Company-Flux-Strong-Matte-Wax-Hair-Product-3_grande.jpg

Carter-Supply-Company-Elevate-Medium-Lifting-Cream-Hair-Product-5_grande.jpg

nichsong

Reaction score

Don't worry bro, I don't think there's much of a market for fake hair products haha, have only seen suavecito knockoffs so far - which you can tell cos its damn obvious haha. And anw I highly, highly doubt anyone can replicate the Morris formula. To date there is no other product that can outperform it in terms of quality:performance imo

Heartyman

Reaction score
The reason i dont use local home brew products is due to the lack of proper scientific lab test on cross contamination of the ingredients and containers. Also it takes 3 to 6 months of lab testing and heating to ensure the shell life of the ingredients of the hair styling products. Call any cosmetic product testing lab and they will tell you it takes months to ensure the ingredients when mixed together are safe to use. Also HSA is very lenient in certifying local products as they are encouraging local startups.

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
The reason i dont use local home brew products is due to the lack of proper scientific lab test on cross contamination of the ingredients and containers. Also it takes 3 to 6 months of lab testing and heating to ensure the shell life of the ingredients of the hair styling products. Call any cosmetic product testing lab and they will tell you it takes months to ensure the ingredients when mixed together are safe to use. Also HSA is very lenient in certifying local products as they are encouraging local startups.

You mean HSA is slack on certifying products made by local brands in order to encourage them? That is a question of ethical practice and very serious imo. Could you share with us where u got this info from?

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean HSA is slack on certifying products made by local brands in order to encourage them? That is a question of ethical practice and very serious imo. Could you share with us where u got this info from?

These home brews are certified to begin with?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its white label, so everything is safe but just crappy ingredients.

HSA don't really care unless crap happens.

called them before. haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a product like Flux that works as well as it does in our weather, I think 28 bucks is pretty okay, taking into consideration that all the other products are about that price. (Take note that Baxter Clay is only 60ml and costs betwen 29-33 bucks) Hopefully the rest of the line also works well! Their Fortify Clay looks promising.

the elevate/flux is 60g while the fortify is 80g.

maybe i will price it at $28 and $30.

solid?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not too bad imo, again comparing with Baxter's prices. But most imptly must work well in our climate! Haha

i think elevate and flux will have no issue.
can be a good replacement for by vilain.

i rmb flux is pretty solid, its pilable and strong hold. elevate makes your hair softer to touch, more natural.

both also easy to wash off. these 2 is their mainline and its 60g (looking to retail at $28)

fortify feels like combo of baxter clay pomade and dynamite clay. if it smells better than clay pomade, it can be a direct replacement, uses jojoba oil.
80g (likely to retail $30)

all are glass jar, mailing will be free as usual. but must bubble wrapped it better.

i will likely be the first to retail them

*samples can be bought also, all 3 of them. probably will cost about $15 bucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.