Samsung Galaxy Book 2-in-1 - 12 inch

lamtw22

Reaction score
Not only that, it has a 7th gen Core i5 processor, a better keyboard case, 2 USB C ports, micro SD card slot and come with the S pen.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very interested in this, not sure what will be the price here. The previous Tab S Pro seemed to be much more expensive than the conversion from USD, think this one might be even worse

Sent from G4 using GAGT

lamtw22

Reaction score
The new SP follow the legacy of all SP...keyboard and pen are sold separaely...it would cost more.
While Galaxy ook, likely sme price as SP bt comes iwth keyboard and pen

SP esp the i5, is suppose to be fanless thus thinner and les noisy

I think the Galaxy Book is also fanless. SP is more functional but the screen cannot compare with the Book's amazing OLED.

lamtw22

Reaction score
Is Windows tablet mode useful at all? Windows mobile/tablet apps seem to lag behind apple/Android by a lot.

If only there is a good Android + Windows desktop 2 in 1

Sent from Htc NEXUS 9 using GAGT

Actually, with bigger screen (12 inch), most things can be done on a browser without relying on apps. Even if you need a software program (ie. exe instead of app), you can download it. Multi tasking is definitely better on Windows 10. Booting up and shutting down is also faster, which you will not hesitate to shutdown it to conserve battery when not in use. But for android tablet, it takes time time to boot up and shutdown and if you don't shutdown, it drains battery when not in use and you would not use it as often as your mobile phone to want to charge it everyday like your mobile phone.

I have the predecessor (Tab Pro S) and I love it. I use it sitting down on a desk or cafe. Many have complained that the keyboard case can only have 2 positions and one is either too high and the other one is too low. However, the too low position is great for me as it is like a tablet mode and the visible part of the keyboard is shorter so that you can place the screen much nearer you to enjoy the beautiful 12 inch 2K OLED screen like the size of a 14 inch and use the keyboard to conveniently type when it is necessary. As I am too lazy to touch the screen often, I always use a mouse. It's great for leisure use and I don't think an Android tablet or a Windows Notebook can bring about the same satisfaction on a desk.

I also bought the Pen but it is not a S Pen and does not have the accompanied S Pen menu like those in the Tab S3 or Note series. Also, I can't install Photoshop as the Core M3 processor is not powerful enough. That is why this Galaxy Book, with a Core i5 processor & a S Pen, interests me.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, with bigger screen (12 inch), most things can be done on a browser without relying on apps. Even if you need a software program (ie. exe instead of app), you can download it. Multi tasking is definitely better on Windows 10. Booting up and shutting down is also faster, which you will not hesitate to shutdown it to conserve battery when not in use. But for android tablet, it takes time time to boot up and shutdown and if you don't shutdown, it drains battery when not in use and you would not use it as often as your mobile phone to want to charge it everyday like your mobile phone.

I have the predecessor (Tab Pro S) and I love it. I use it sitting down on a desk or cafe. Many have complained that the keyboard case can only have 2 positions and one is either too high and the other one is too low. However, the too low position is great for me as it is like a tablet mode and the visible part of the keyboard is shorter so that you can place the screen much nearer you to enjoy the beautiful 12 inch 2K OLED screen like the size of a 14 inch and use the keyboard to conveniently type when it is necessary. As I am too lazy to touch the screen often, I always use a mouse. It's great for leisure use and I don't think an Android tablet or a Windows Notebook can bring about the same satisfaction on a desk.

I also bought the Pen but it is not a S Pen and does not have the accompanied S Pen menu like those in the Tab S3 or Note series. Also, I can't install Photoshop as the Core M3 processor is not powerful enough. That is why this Galaxy Book, with a Core i5 processor & a S Pen, interests me.
Yeah, but tablet with dedicated apps is great for entertainment while Windows 10 is good for serious work. That's the purpose of buying a 2 in 1. If Windows tablet mode can't do much then we're really just getting half the deal.

Sent from G4 using GAGT

lamtw22

Reaction score
Yeah, but tablet with dedicated apps is great for entertainment while Windows 10 is good for serious work. That's the purpose of buying a 2 in 1. If Windows tablet mode can't do much then we're really just getting half the deal.

Sent from G4 using GAGT

I guess we have different needs and that is why there is market for both Android and Windows tablet. Asus just announced an interesting Windows 10 2 in 1 with 4k screen (Asus Zenbook Flip S).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.