Day Tour in Yilan

ynwa1990

Reaction score
I will be travelling to Taiwan next month and have plans to stay for a night (Staying in Wellsprings by Silk Jiaoxi) in Yilan next month. Planning to go for a day tour a round Yilan to visit the following places, Kavalan Whiskey Distillery, Agrioz, Bee Museum. I have listed a few of my options for the tour when i'm there and i'm Hoping to get some advice from everyone here!

1) I'm considering taking the bus from Taipei to Jiaoxi and was wondering if it would be easy for me to get a taxi/guide for a day tour from the bus stop? If so, what would the cost of hiring a taxi typically be for an 8 hour tour?

2) Would it make sense for me to hire a driver/taxi from Taipei to drive me all the way to Jiaoxi and do a one day tour there? Would they be willing to do that since i'm staying for the night in Yilan and won't be heading back to Taipei?

3) How easy is it for me to get around Yilan without a guide (i.e. by metered taxi)?

Thanks in advance!

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U got almost the exact itinerary as me, I'm at taipei right now, go over to yilan later, haven't decide bus or rail yet.

8h cab booking in yilan at 3000twd the last I enquired a few days ago

ynwa1990

Reaction score
U got almost the exact itinerary as me, I'm at taipei right now, go over to yilan later, haven't decide bus or rail yet.

8h cab booking in yilan at 3000twd the last I enquired a few days ago

Hi, thanks for the reply! Does the cab leave from Taipei to Yilan or is it just for a tour within Yilan? 3000 twd actually seems very reasonable to me if it includes transport from Taipei all the way to Yilan.

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply! Does the cab leave from Taipei to Yilan or is it just for a tour within Yilan? 3000 twd actually seems very reasonable to me if it includes transport from Taipei all the way to Yilan.

3000 is entire booking for 8hrs guided trip in yilan, u can follow their itinerary or custom make it yourself. It does not include transport from taipei...

There are vendors at xmd offering transport from taipei but I nv take note of price, I can check in a few days time tho

Transport from Taipei via train to jiaoxi at 160 per pax I think, bus should be faster and cheaper lol

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be travelling to Taiwan next month and have plans to stay for a night (Staying in Wellsprings by Silk Jiaoxi) in Yilan next month. Planning to go for a day tour a round Yilan to visit the following places, Kavalan Whiskey Distillery, Agrioz, Bee Museum. I have listed a few of my options for the tour when i'm there and i'm Hoping to get some advice from everyone here!

1) I'm considering taking the bus from Taipei to Jiaoxi and was wondering if it would be easy for me to get a taxi/guide for a day tour from the bus stop? If so, what would the cost of hiring a taxi typically be for an 8 hour tour?
Yes, the cost vary. u can oso take train to jiaoxi instead of bus

2) Would it make sense for me to hire a driver/taxi from Taipei to drive me all the way to Jiaoxi and do a one day tour there? Would they be willing to do that since i'm staying for the night in Yilan and won't be heading back to Taipei?
u ownself stay in yilan den let the driver ownself drive back to Taipei...if u were the driver, would u take up this deal??
3) How easy is it for me to get around Yilan without a guide (i.e. by metered taxi)?
very easy

Thanks in advance!
comment in blue

ynwa1990

Reaction score
3000 is entire booking for 8hrs guided trip in yilan, u can follow their itinerary or custom make it yourself. It does not include transport from taipei...

There are vendors at xmd offering transport from taipei but I nv take note of price, I can check in a few days time tho

Transport from Taipei via train to jiaoxi at 160 per pax I think, bus should be faster and cheaper lol

Oh ok... Yeah I think i might just take a bus and either just get a guide in Yilan or try taking the metered taxi around. Let me know how your trip to Yilan goes!

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for replying! Do you know if the taxis in Yilan go by meter? I read somewhere that the taxi drivers in Yilan typically just quote you a rate and don't go by the meter.

The ones I met use meter, when in doubt tio carrot , check with hotel beforehand on destination and roughly the cab cost, I get my hotel counter to book my cab all the time, quite hard to flag a cab on the town streets..

The tourist bus frequency like 1 every hr lol

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ok... Yeah I think i might just take a bus and either just get a guide in Yilan or try taking the metered taxi around. Let me know how your trip to Yilan goes!

My trip today ok ah started from 1000 till 1800

Went to -
Mr brown coffee castle
Lanyang museum
Kavalan distillery
Honey bee farm
Arigoz
阿典cake factory
山寨 Monster cafe
望龙潭 or something like that
Jimmy square.

In between got stop here and there for cab driver Makan recommendation. Can eat in cab as he drive, inside got water and phone charging lol

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for replying! Do you know if the taxis in Yilan go by meter? I read somewhere that the taxi drivers in Yilan typically just quote you a rate and don't go by the meter.
depend on driver. some will say die die go by meter. some will say can go by flat rate

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless you booking for a whole day, then will be fixed.
If point A to B, out of Taipei, quite subjective.

Decodus00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the way back to taipei from jiaoxi, using kamalan bus this time.

Tix at 110 per pax , frequency approx every 20mins

ynwa1990

Reaction score
My trip today ok ah started from 1000 till 1800

Went to -
Mr brown coffee castle
Lanyang museum
Kavalan distillery
Honey bee farm
Arigoz
阿典cake factory
山寨 Monster cafe
望龙潭 or something like that
Jimmy square.

In between got stop here and there for cab driver Makan recommendation. Can eat in cab as he drive, inside got water and phone charging lol

Do you have the contact of the driver that took you around? Mind sharing?

ynwa1990

Reaction score
Unless you booking for a whole day, then will be fixed.
If point A to B, out of Taipei, quite subjective.

Hi, thanks for replying. Would you happen to know of any drivers based in Yilan? Thinking of just taking a bus from Taipei and getting a driver to drive me around in Yilan.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying. Would you happen to know of any drivers based in Yilan? Thinking of just taking a bus from Taipei and getting a driver to drive me around in Yilan.

As it is a laid back county, just ask the taxi drivers hanging out at train station. If price is not right, head on to the next one.
3000 seems a good rate.

FurryTennisBall

Reaction score
Do you have the contact of the driver that took you around? Mind sharing?
Hello! Can share the contact details too please?

Am heading up to Taiwan in Feb and would like to visit the same places and follow the same itinerary largely.

Thank you!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.