The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallGag

Reaction score
You mean HSA is slack on certifying products made by local brands in order to encourage them? That is a question of ethical practice and very serious imo. Could you share with us where u got this info from?

HSA doesn't really "certify" most categories of hair/skin care. In fact, most times you don't even need to submit an ingredient list unless it's a high risk product (eye creams, Whitening products, hair colours, etc). It's less of a "cert" and more of a notification(which is what it's called anyway) of your intention to sell the product. Onus is on the distributor to ensure that no banned/toxic ingredients are used, and even then, the only time they'll really take action is if something bad happens or if someone makes a complaint. They do a random sampling once a year, but most resellers are probably too small to be under their radar.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
HSA doesn't really "certify" most categories of hair/skin care. In fact, most times you don't even need to submit an ingredient list unless it's a high risk product (eye creams, Whitening products, hair colours, etc). It's less of a "cert" and more of a notification(which is what it's called anyway) of your intention to sell the product. Onus is on the distributor to ensure that no banned/toxic ingredients are used, and even then, the only time they'll really take action is if something bad happens or if someone makes a complaint. They do a random sampling once a year, but most resellers are probably too small to be under their radar.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Thanks for the info! I wonder how it is like for other countries such as America and in europe. I do know the FDA have pretty strict protocol to follow though. Either way, I guess it's got a lot to do with brand equity. If one has a negative impression towards a certain brand, naturally everything that brand produces would be met with some form of skepticism.. Doesn't matter if the product is good or bad. It's all in the marketing and consumer impression!

nichsong

Reaction score
i think elevate and flux will have no issue.
can be a good replacement for by vilain.

i rmb flux is pretty solid, its pilable and strong hold. elevate makes your hair softer to touch, more natural.

both also easy to wash off. these 2 is their mainline and its 60g (looking to retail at $28)

fortify feels like combo of baxter clay pomade and dynamite clay. if it smells better than clay pomade, it can be a direct replacement, uses jojoba oil.
80g (likely to retail $30)

all are glass jar, mailing will be free as usual. but must bubble wrapped it better.

i will likely be the first to retail them

*samples can be bought also, all 3 of them. probably will cost about $15 bucks.

Will be sure to sarpork if you bring in bro. Would love to try out the fortify. And yes.. This could replace BV as I find silver fox and gold digger to be abit too heavy for our hair esp if we skip SSS as a pre styler. Nontheless it's still a popular brand.. And DC is actually really good. But what I think this directly competes with is Baxter haha. The price point is abit on the high side for them. Hopefully the fortify would be a clay pomade killer!

losthopeguy

Reaction score
Will be sure to sarpork if you bring in bro. Would love to try out the fortify. And yes.. This could replace BV as I find silver fox and gold digger to be abit too heavy for our hair esp if we skip SSS as a pre styler. Nontheless it's still a popular brand.. And DC is actually really good. But what I think this directly competes with is Baxter haha. The price point is abit on the high side for them. Hopefully the fortify would be a clay pomade killer!
i second you.
definitely will buy if gx brings it in

dj_flame

Reaction score
Hahah I think their marketing not so zai so most SGreans haven't been exposed to their stuff. Recently released two new products too, one clay one pomade. But yeah honestly quite like their products. Their flux matte wax is lightweight, decent hold and last pretty well in our weather. Bro DJ_Flame also said not bad right! Btw where he go ah. Like MIA alreh LOL
Lol thanks for the shout out.

Been very busy with ramping up my career actually, so I don't have the time to post during work hours anymore :p

Also I wear my hair short and textured these days, so almost any hair clay with a matte finish works for me and I don't feel the need to review products anymore.

Carter Supply Flux is good, but the hold is flexible to an extent. You either need to pair it with a hairspray or accept the restyling needed for pliability. The finish is natural though, where it looks like there is minimal product in your hair - my favorite kind of look <3

Anyways, I bleached and dyed my head ash this week :s12::s12::s12:

Pics to come! :s13:

Last edited:

dj_flame

Reaction score
28May17_zpslxij6zzl.jpg~original

HAI GUYZ

hwarong

Reaction score
Continuation on Ziggy Supply Mad Wax and etc.

So guys, bought and got my hands on the updated formula of GetZGY's mad wax. As mentioned by the owner Martin, it supposedly has a higher hold due to an increase in beeswax content and reduction in water content. (After my feedback on the original formula that a drier formula overall may be better for our hair type).

And I've got to say guys I'm very, very impressed. The product starts out firm to the touch and in the hair, but settles into a nice natural, moldable state after awhile - yet managing to provide and maintain volume. It is also incredibly lightweight, which is a constant even amongst the samples I was sent. Additionally, since it is a homebrew formula containing ingredients such as Shea Butter, the hair does feel more moisturised after a feel uses. Overall the current characteristics of the product remind me of how Morris Motley Balm behaves. *

To all those who are into homebrewed products, or are willing to try out and explore new products, do try it out. Thus far, it is the only local made product that I fully endorse. You guys know I won't BS you.

* Speaking about the behaviour of the product - how Morris starts out firmly but settles into a more moldable, touchable hold after awhile.

Hey guys,
my 2nd post in HWZ and hopefully will be posting more soon.

So far, Ziggy Supply Mad Wax (or Getzgy) is the only good stuff that coming out from the our local sg. Been using is for maybe 2 weeks (or more idk..didnt keep track) and left 1/4 tub of it now. Heres my response. Hope you guys dont mind me adding some of my feedbacks on it.

Mad Wax,
Its a Solid Pink paste/cream (Like HDF Sponge Wax..but alil harder and firmer),
and got a nice minty scent to it.

Application is like what Nichsong describe, got that nice firm touch to it and very easy to apply. I did blow dry my hair when using it and surprisingly no tug & pull when applying.
Unlike by vilain golddigger, ubersuave hair wax, HDF quicksand/claymation, always accidentaly pluck a few strands when i applied on dry hair haha!

The hair volume did lasted hours actually and pretty cool to restyle (or play ard with it) even after it kinda firms up. Maybe its the Pink Salt they added to get that nice textured feel. Moldable is what i can describe. Non-hardening product.

Washability on Mad Wax is really good. It removes completely in one generic shampoo wash. and the plus point is that my feels soft and feels conditioned, compared to various products that got those dried hair effect and feels like straws.

Been using for several weeks and Im kinda liking to this product. Not because its "local" statement, but because its pretty much a product that i have no problem with it. Its got a good hold, lightweight, moldable and good hair benefits like Morris Motley imo.

Bought it at $20 and definitely stocking up again soon. Maybe ill skip Morris Motley next time since i got a product that suits me well haha! Give it a try so that you know that im not being biased here.

Its homebrewed? even better. Respect to the team who formulate it from scratch. After watching from youtube on "Behind the Brew" like Lockhart's, Iron dagger, Rock River,
I do understand that making one is no easy work...especially making a quality one.
So, i dont see any problem with it. Its like buying your favourite pineapple tart and kueh from your relatives. (hahahahaahahhahahhhaahhaaha)

Oh yes,
I may wanna add on the Heartyman's List of White Labels.
Groom Society that comes with Pomade & Wax. Their water based pomade is a soft texture that feels exactly like Hanz En Karmik pomade. Wax wise? Reminds me of Quincy, TGR, Ubersuave, Refined Supply (the black tin) ones. Tried it at Alcoholiday @ Cineleisure.

Another brand called OMG (Only Made for Gentlemen) came out with Pomade & Clay/Wax.
i not even bothered by it.

Mat jambol pomade have come out with a new PVC white tub.

I'll share more if i found some.

Hervaux Singapore

Reaction score
Hervaux is the Exclusive Distributor for:

MORRIS MOTLEY

Morris Motley Authorised Singapore Retailers:

Hervaux
Hairppening
Newman Singapore
Hairbroducts

Hervaux urge all consumers to purchase Morris Motley products from these retailers and to refrain from purchasing from non-authorised retailers that are not on this list. We cannot guarantee that non-authorised retailers are buying authentic products and the formulations and ingredients may be tampered with.

We do not authorise the selling of Morris Motley products on p2p sites such as Carousell, Taobao, Qoo10, Shopee etc.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Tried Getzgy Mad wax after reading the comments here. Honestly, it cant hold a candle to Baxter of California, Daimon Barber or Morris Motley.

Not sure what is the hype on Getzgy home brew. It seems like the good reviews I read here are all paid reviews.

If compared with baxter of california cream pomade, here are my winner product base on these stats.

Ingredients: Baxter of California
Packaging: Baxter of California
Smell: Draw
Consistency: Baxter of California
Ease of application: Baxter of California
Styling: Baxter of California
Finish: Baxter of California
Washability: Baxter of California
Price: Getzgy

Result: Baxter of California 8, Getzgy 2
Winner: Baxter of California Hard Cream Pomade

* My reviews are non biased as I dont represent either brands. This is just base on my personal opinion. I am just a pomade collector so I have 14 brands with me.

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
Tried Getzgy Mad wax after reading the comments here. Honestly, it cant hold a candle to Baxter of California, Daimon Barber or Morris Motley.

Not sure what is the hype on Getzgy home brew. It seems like the good reviews I read here are all paid reviews.

If compared with baxter of california cream pomade, here are my winner product base on these stats.

* My reviews are non biased as I dont represent either brands. This is just base on my personal opinion. I am just a pomade collector so I have 14 brands with me.

Yo, I would just like to clarify that I have mentioned GetZGY's mad wax to be a good product - my own opinion - but I am not paid or sponsored by GetZGY in any way. I paid for the product just like any other customer.

It is ok to have your opinion as it is subject to your own experiences with different hair products. I have personally found their product to work pretty well with my hair. Might not be the same for you.

What is not cool is that you used a sweeping statement: that ALL reviews here are paid. In regards to this, I speak only for myself. I think alot of people who post here regularly do know that I am neutral and transparent with my reviews. Besides, the only other person who has posted about mad wax is hwarong I believe. You'll have to ask him/her.

You don't like the product, thats completely ok. Its an open forum, anyone can state their opinion. Whats not fine is that you assume your personal experience is the sole judge for all other opinions here. Ill have to voice out and say that it is not the case; not with mine at least.

hwarong

Reaction score

Dont see the point of making paid reviews dude. Im sharing my opinion cause it works on me. Too bad it doesnt work for you. Maybe your hair is made of rare type strand that only caters to atas brands with exclusive ingredients haha!just joking...
But yeah, dont assume bro. I bought myself and i said as it is. Everybody got their own preferences.its an open forum after all.

hwarong

Reaction score
Blumann is another brand that can't make it. Don't waste $ trying. I rather go By Vilain.

Sorry, by vilain doesnt work on me. Its heavy and pretty hard to wash off. Bought dynamite clay & golddigger. Used 1/3 of it and gave it away.

So yeah, personal preferences.
Peace.

Heartyman

Reaction score
I was upset because after reading your so called unbiased review, went to try it. But it was crap. And you tell me it wasnt a paid review? lol. I compared it with baxter and I feel bad comparing baxter with it. Maybe compare it with apestomen, Getzgy will win.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Hwarong is probably 99% a clone account to support your claims. Lol. No one knows if Getzgy pay you for writing good reviews. But everyone knows Baxter of California definitely wont pay me just to say its a better product. So I offer a more unbiased view on this 2 product. =)

nichsong

Reaction score
Before this becomes a full out flame war, I'd first like to mention: @Heartyman I do not have a personal problem with you. My sole issue is very objective: It has to do with your sweeping statement that all the Mad Wax reviews are paid for - just because of your own negative experience, that's all.

In case you don't know, over the past 3 years I have reviewed diff products from diff sellers incl GX and Leejhong bros; and all those products, I paid for with my own cash. There have been products that I have bought but found not to perform up to par, and I have informed all as well. You can do a search through the thread's history if you'd like.

My only request is that hopefully you don't make such strong assumptions without a basis in future.. Other than that, it's all good :) Hope you don't take this personally as well.

nichsong

Reaction score
I was upset because after reading your so called unbiased review, went to try it. But it was crap. And you tell me it wasnt a paid review? lol. I compared it with baxter and I feel bad comparing baxter with it. Maybe compare it with apestomen, Getzgy will win.

I won't say so much. Read my previous post before this. You think the product is crap, that's cool. I think it's alright. If you can't respect that people have differing opinions, then I'm not quite sure how else you deal with the rest of the world outside.

I did not force you to buy the product. I merely stated my opinion: You felt you could resonate with me, you tried it out. Just because it didn't work for you, suddenly I work for GetZGY. I'm not quite sure, maybe you think posting on HWZ earns me a 5 digit income every month.

I'll let more experienced bros like Gaoxing84, DJ_Flame , deaththeorist have their say on whether I have been a biased reviewer in my 3 years here. They have been posting here since the early days when this thread first came about; way longer than I have.

Also, hwarong is not my account. Then again, with that mentality you probably won't believe me anw.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ lol chill leh.

we all have different hair. what works for him, doesn't mean it will work for you.

so just keep finding your perfect hair product, and even if you have found it, keep trying.
you don't know what's gonna come next.

:)

nichsong

Reaction score
^ lol chill leh.

we all have different hair. what works for him, doesn't mean it will work for you.

so just keep finding your perfect hair product, and even if you have found it, keep trying.
you don't know what's gonna come next.

:)

Thanks for the word out bro. Btws Carter Supply confirm bringing in yeah, around July/Aug isit? Looking forward to try the Fortify haha. Recently alot of American / European brewers coming up with new clay products.. Market getting even more saturated than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.