HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks poooooo!!!!

any suggestion on ram, 2400 or higher ?
a little long winded but good to listen.
tl:dw : DDR4-2400 is all you need... Get DDR4-3200 if you are overclocking and get the most out of your system.

this one just fast forward to see some chart comparison,
then you judge yourself if its worth getting more expensive ram.

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Edit (510am): Bigger problem on hand now. Keep getting hit with random freezes and hang on windows 10 pro. BSOD appeared with the msg "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout" Any help?

Specs as below:

Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3
16GB DDR4 2133mhz Ram (gonna upgrade this in the future)
Cooling it with a AIO water cooler (ID-Cooling 240L)

A few questions (my first AMD chip after more than 7 years of PC building)
1. What are the temperatures on average running on stock? Currently i'm averaging around 35-40C on stock @ idle - is this normal?
2. Anyone using the same motherboard recommend a few overclock settings?

Thank You!

Last edited:

LEG_86

Reaction score
I planning to get either gigabyte or asus 350 mobo , but I read up tht gigabyte has problem on getting the ram to 2600mhz. Any one can clarify on it or suggest which mobo I should go for ?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Edit (510am): Bigger problem on hand now. Keep getting hit with random freezes and hang on windows 10 pro. BSOD appeared with the msg "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout" Any help?

Specs as below:

Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3
16GB DDR4 2133mhz Ram (gonna upgrade this in the future)
Cooling it with a AIO water cooler (ID-Cooling 240L)

A few questions (my first AMD chip after more than 7 years of PC building)
1. What are the temperatures on average running on stock? Currently i'm averaging around 35-40C on stock @ idle - is this normal?
2. Anyone using the same motherboard recommend a few overclock settings?

Thank You!
1. Your idle temps seems okay.
2. I'm using asus so not sure is it the same. A simple Google to your issue seems to tell me your problem occur because of over-voltage to the cpu, which I find possible coz I read somewhere the default settings for gigabyte seems to supply voltage at the high side.

Try this. Download the latest bios, restart, reset bios settings to default, update bios, check stability and try oc again. Monitor temps and voltage with hwmonitor.

For my R5 1600, I'm running 1.275 vcore with 3.75GHz core clock. Everything else default. This is on stock fan. With aio, check if it is mounted correctly. Note the core package temp. You should hit 3.85GHz or higher with 1.375 vcore. Just don't exceed 1.4 vcore will so.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

Last edited:

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
1. Your idle temps seems okay.
2. I'm using asus so not sure is it the same. A simple Google to your issue seems to tell me your problem occur because of over-voltage to the cpu, which I find possible coz I read somewhere the default settings for gigabyte seems to supply voltage at the high side.

Try this. Download the latest bios, restart, reset bios settings to default, update bios, check stability and try oc again. Monitor temps and voltage with hwmonitor.

For my R5 1600, I'm running 1.275 vcore with 3.75GHz core clock. Everything else default. This is on stock fan. With aio, check if it is mounted correctly. Note the core package temp. You should hit 3.85GHz or higher with 1.375 vcore. Just don't exceed 1.4 vcore will so.

Googled returns different results, some suggest that it's due to windows, some due to the mobo. Currently it's not overclock and the bios is the latest but the problem persists.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Googled returns different results, some suggest that it's due to windows, some due to the mobo. Currently it's not overclock and the bios is the latest but the problem persists.
Some results say it's psu problem. What psu are you using?

Have you try to reset your pc to factory state and see if the problem still persist?

EDIT: Directly from Microsoft answer:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/clockwatchdogtimeout-error/33b46641-fc90-45d9-8027-b834f44cfd03

Last edited:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry kinda lost , is the TR4 coming out soon ? abit tight on budget also . how long is the wait ?

July or August
That one is 16 cores 32 threads. Confirm can have performance you needed.

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Some results say it's psu problem. What psu are you using?

Have you try to reset your pc to factory state and see if the problem still persist?

EDIT: Directly from Microsoft answer:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/clockwatchdogtimeout-error/33b46641-fc90-45d9-8027-b834f44cfd03

Most parts are new (psu including) and before this was using kaby lake without issues so chances are slim it's psu tho. Reset and reinstall Windows with no change. Might try updating to the latest Windows 10 creators update, read that it might help.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most parts are new (psu including) and before this was using kaby lake without issues so chances are slim it's psu tho. Reset and reinstall Windows with no change. Might try updating to the latest Windows 10 creators update, read that it might help.

I had PSU issue similar to what you have now.
PSU A run well on other rig but not the one originally pair with it.
Use a new PSU solved the problem and the PSU A still run well on other combo.

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
I had PSU issue similar to what you have now.
PSU A run well on other rig but not the one originally pair with it.
Use a new PSU solved the problem and the PSU A still run well on other combo.

checked with another PSU and still same problem. Updated windows to windows 10 creators edition and all's smooth now! Finally!

Temperatures stable @ around 32C currently - will look into overclocking next now system relatively stable. Thank you all for suggestions!

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Cleared 3 hours of PRIME95 testing and 30mins of AIDA64.

Running on 3.9Ghz core clock, 1.38 vcore. Temperatures steady at around 65C. Quite pleased with the result. Trying to see if able to push to 4Ghz next!

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Led ram is stable. Rgb ram is not. Even for Intel platform.

OC still wobbly, I do agree. But if you don't need such speed, 3.75 GHz Hexa-core is still pretty remarkable. 2933mhz ram too.

I will probably wait till everything get ironed out before banking my money on them...

Waiting for massive price cut from team blue as well hence won't rule out defecting back. :s22::crazy:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.