New 6-year multiple entry visa to AU

wuso

Reaction score
https://sg.yahoo.com/news/singapore-travellers-australia-can-get-six-year-visa-070841350.html

Singapore travellers who frequent Australia can get a new multiple-entry visa that allows them to enter the country for up to three months a visit over six years.

The new visa will be available by 1 January 2018.

This was announced by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Friday (2 June). Turnbull is currently on a three-day visit to Singapore.

At present, holiday visas to Australia are valid for up to 12 months, and visitors can stay up to three months for each visit.

Singaporeans younger than 30 will also be able to apply for a new visa which will allow them to work and travel in Australia for up to a year. Interested applicants should be aged between 18 to 30 when they apply.

The reciprocal Work and Holiday Maker programme for Australians and Singaporeans will begin on 1 August. Citizens of each country will be allocated 500 places.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea you guys happy can just apply 1 visa for 6yrs, wonder how much it cost..

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeing how our passports only last 5 years 9 months max, no way you will get the full 6 years either.

Just call the embassy to change the visa to tag to new passport, thats what we do when we change passport for residents.

pclow59

Master Member
Reaction score
No worries bro, last time my US visa was 10 years, so when passport expired I brought the expired passport and new passport through immigration, and they scanned the visa from old passport and then stamped on the new passport. For electronic visa it should be the same I presume.

According to this forum visa expert, Kangaroo_kang who has always helps the members here to apply Oz Visa, has mentioned in her post:

"If your passport is going to expire within the next 11 months, the Australia VISA expiry date will be the same as your passport expiry date.
Australia VISA is tagged to the Passport Numbers.
If you change to a "NEW" Passport, you must apply for a "NEW" Australia Visa (ETA Category 601 Visa are NOT allow to transfer)."

So will depends on your visa type ! May be the authority can explain more on this .

Guy84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which website can apply 6 years? I can't seem to find..

Any experts? By the way, our passport is only 5 years.. how to extend 6 years?

:s11::s11:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which website can apply 6 years? I can't seem to find..

Any experts? By the way, our passport is only 5 years.. how to extend 6 years?

:s11::s11:

Obviously you have to renew it online or come back to SG..

kevin301

Reaction score
VFS Global is charging S$150 for this new subclass 600 visa.

Considering that a 1-year ETA applied through a travel agency costs from $7-10, I wonder how many will see the value in this new visa.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.