SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Rusty89

Reaction score
Hey guys, seeking some answers here. I recently completed my 19th RT and they sent me notification that i have completed my requirement. Find it strange as i thought it should be 20 session then i went to read up. the number of RT to be completed is (20-No of IPPT took in previous window) so is it correct that if i have taken 1 IPPT session in previous window, it is correct that i only have to take 19 RT?

Calander

Reaction score
Hey guys, seeking some answers here. I recently completed my 19th RT and they sent me notification that i have completed my requirement. Find it strange as i thought it should be 20 session then i went to read up. the number of RT to be completed is (20-No of IPPT took in previous window) so is it correct that if i have taken 1 IPPT session in previous window, it is correct that i only have to take 19 RT?

Yes. only 19 RTs is required.

Well done.

Supporter

Reaction score
lol then like that go 20 IPPTs.

do 1 sit up 1 push up walk 30 min 2.4km for 20 times can clear everything

Calander

Reaction score

y not u try and test the system?

and service pay is only given for a max. of 3 IPPT sessions. whereas all IPTs and RTs are payable.

let us know after u done with 20 IPPTs, and were u being charged.

vintcs77

Reaction score
Hi,upon reaching age 40, is it automatically MR and don't have to take ippt or RT? Sorry if this has been asked. Appreciate the reply.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went to for Rt/ippt and camp says i need to go FFI . simi is FFI ? anyone knows how to book them. please dont ask me to call my unit as i want to be under the radar , thxs..

Call ns.sg lor who will likely refer you to your unit. :s22:

Calander

Reaction score
i went to for Rt/ippt and camp says i need to go FFI . simi is FFI ? anyone knows how to book them. please dont ask me to call my unit as i want to be under the radar , thxs..

when u are under RT, u are already under the unit's "radar".

n in order to arrange for FFI, u will need to contact ur unit so that they can arrange. this contact shall be first initiate thru NS portal/hotline.

unless u are PES F or already MR, u will not be under the "radar" anymore.

Calander

Reaction score
Hi,upon reaching age 40, is it automatically MR and don't have to take ippt or RT? Sorry if this has been asked. Appreciate the reply.

Yes. After your 40th b'day, do check on your NS portal if u are still eligible for any IPPT about 3-4 working days later.. If i'm not wrong, u will get an sms about your window.

almondNeo

Reaction score

You can do that, but let me remind you of the implication.

The criteria to clear your RT window is to complete X session of RT required INCLUDING 1x IPPT.

As a reminder, you will NOT BE ALLOWED to book NON-RT IPPT in you're in RT window.

Let's say you attempted 16 IPPT in your previous window and failed, and is required to attempt 4 RT in your current window, you will process to continue with your 4 remaining RT sessions.

However, RT-IPPT only occurs in the 8th, 14th, and the 20th session of the RT regime. So for instance, you completed the remaining 4 RT sessions, great well done off you go BUT you'll still be required to clock 1x IPPT attempt for that year. As I mentioned above, you'll not be able to book an IPPT if your current window is RT, that means you will have no way to fulfil that IPPT attempt as the system cannot allow you. Unless you're being called up for ICT and they scheduled you for IPPT, be prepared to be deemed as IPPT defaulter and the same cycle carries on the following year.

Hope the above clarifies.

almondNeo

Reaction score

Upon reaching 40, you'll be phased to Ex-NS, not MR. Ex-NS means that you'll be discharged from service, regardless of any outstanding offences, and probably losing the out HOME Awards Milestone 3.

NSmen will be phased to MR upon completion of 7 HK in 10 ORNS years. So let's say in your final ORNS years whereby you already clocked your 7th HK ICT, should your window close before 1 Apr (SAF work year) and you did not attempt any IPPT/RT, you will be deemed as IPPT/RT defaulter prior to your MR date, which might hinder the process of phasing you into MR as NSmen with outstanding offences will not be phased into MR. On the other hand, if your birthday is after 1 Apr, good for you.

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
You can do that, but let me remind you of the implication.

The criteria to clear your RT window is to complete X session of RT required INCLUDING 1x IPPT.

As a reminder, you will NOT BE ALLOWED to book NON-RT IPPT in you're in RT window.

Let's say you attempted 16 IPPT in your previous window and failed, and is required to attempt 4 RT in your current window, you will process to continue with your 4 remaining RT sessions.

However, RT-IPPT only occurs in the 8th, 14th, and the 20th session of the RT regime. So for instance, you completed the remaining 4 RT sessions, great well done off you go BUT you'll still be required to clock 1x IPPT attempt for that year. As I mentioned above, you'll not be able to book an IPPT if your current window is RT, that means you will have no way to fulfil that IPPT attempt as the system cannot allow you. Unless you're being called up for ICT and they scheduled you for IPPT, be prepared to be deemed as IPPT defaulter and the same cycle carries on the following year.

Hope the above clarifies.

This logic doesn't make any sense.

So if I attempt IPPT 13 times or more this year, I will be unable to fufill my IPPT obligation in the following window because I am only allowed to book 7 RTs and hence do not qualify for RT-IPPT?

Are you saying that we will become defaulter in the following year if try IPPT too many times this year? :s22:

Calander

Reaction score

So if I attempt IPPT 13 times or more this year, I will be unable to fufill my IPPT obligation in the following window because I am only allowed to book 7 RTs and hence do not qualify for RT-IPPT?

Are you saying that we will become defaulter in the following year if try IPPT too many times this year? :s22:

Take note...

Conditions to enter RT -

1. Failed or defaulted your Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) in your previous window, or
2. Did not complete your IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT) in your previous window

U will still need to do RT even if u have had 20 IPPTs due to clause (1) mentioned above.

However, conditions to complete RT -

You must attend all required sessions of RT with at least 1 RT IPPT attempt, all within your current window. You can also fulfil your RT requirements earlier by passing an In-Camp Training (ICT) IPPT or either of your first 2 RT IPPT sessions.

The 1st RT-IPPT will be on the 8th.

Bottomline... is there any reason which u want to challenge the system which has been tweaked from 9mths to 12mths to complete IPT, with only a need to complete 10sessions instead of (10+8) , plus all IPT sessions has a 1/2 svc pay?

You may like to feedback to your constituency's MP, CMPB or Mindef if this revised system is still an issue to you.

Pls recognise the effort that Mindef has implemented. If everything a person wants to challenge, there will never be satisfaction.

N also, what is so wrong about to just go for 10 IPTs?

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
So have you tried it yourself or is this mere speculation?

You are suggesting there is a loophole in the current system, where attempting 13 IPPT will cause you to become a defaulter in the following window.

I'm positive the system is not that stupid.

almondNeo

Reaction score

Let me emphasis, you attempted 13 IPPT in window 15/16 and failed and you're required to attend 7 RT in window 16/17. In window 16/17, the criteria to complete RT, as mentioned by Calander also, is the completion of the sessions required PLUS 1 attempt of IPPT.

Given that you'll only require 7 sessions of RT, there won't be any 8th sessions for you hence you won't be able to book your IPPT. Hence, you'll be deemed as IPPT defaulter in window 16/17 and congrats, 20 sessions of RT is waiting in window 17/18.

So have you tried it yourself or is this mere speculation?

You are suggesting there is a loophole in the current system, where attempting 13 IPPT will cause you to become a defaulter in the following window.

I'm positive the system is not that stupid.

The system is not stupid, it's the NSmen who think tried to challenge the system who are stupid. The above that I mentioned is true as I worked in the organisation so if you believe what I just mentioned is mere speculation, do try and let me know. It's not a loophole, it's a process, yet there's smart alec out there challenging the process...

Technically, MINDEF is allowing NSmen a total of 24 months (instead of 3 months) to fulfil their RT requirement. Yet, NSmen still default their RT with standard response, work commitment etc.

gohjon90

Reaction score
Hi all, I wish to ask regarding IPPT and RT defaulter punishment.

I ORD on august 2013 and my birthday is on July. I have been summoned Two times to CMPB NSSC already.

First time on 2015 august I paid nothing, just given a verbal warning. Second time on 2016 august I paid a 175 dollars fine. Nothing happen on the year 2014 as my ippt is clear before I ord on august 2013, also my birthday is on July.

Any of you have got any idea what I will be facing this year? On august 2017? As it will be my third time being summon to CMPB NSSC. Anyone of your have similar experiences of third time kena summon to CMPB NSSC to share on recently? Because recent result will be more accurate as they keep changing the punishments.

My main concern is will I land myself into DB or confinement camp? Anyone can advise?

Thanks a lot guys, hope to hear from you. Any nasty comment pls keep to yourself, I am hoping for Advices here.

Once again, thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
Hi all, I wish to ask regarding IPPT and RT defaulter punishment.

I ORD on august 2013 and my birthday is on July. I have been summoned Two times to CMPB NSSC already.

First time on 2015 august I paid nothing, just given a verbal warning. Second time on 2016 august I paid a 175 dollars fine. Nothing happen on the year 2014 as my ippt is clear before I ord on august 2013, also my birthday is on July.

Any of you have got any idea what I will be facing this year? On august 2017? As it will be my third time being summon to CMPB NSSC. Anyone of your have similar experiences of third time kena summon to CMPB NSSC to share on recently? Because recent result will be more accurate as they keep changing the punishments.

My main concern is will I land myself into DB or confinement camp? Anyone can advise?

Thanks a lot guys, hope to hear from you. Any nasty comment pls keep to yourself, I am hoping for Advices here.

Once again, thanks a lot.

chances are u will be ordered to attend in-camp residential fitness training due to the nature of repeated offender. further details to this is unknown to be but is a stay-out affair.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.