Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrtok

Reaction score
quick question. if I were to purchase a new TV now. say a new 55" digital ready tv, do I still need the antenna?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any antenna to recommend with good signal ?

If your place has good signal, use this $2 antenna or something similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/i-Digital-D...179225?hash=item2382139e99:g:dfgAAOSwMr1XPWCN

s-l500.jpg

blastmachine

Reaction score
jlJmaDF.jpg

Using k2 and cheapo folded dipole antenna. Now can get 19 DTV channels and 4 digital radio :)

Last edited:

mynickname

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand that the Starhub box, even without subscription, can act as a DVB-C tuner?

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, my digital ready tv I bought the antenna but now no more malaysian channel. What can I do?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, my digital ready tv I bought the antenna but now no more malaysian channel. What can I do?
"no more malaysian channel" - I assume you meant analogue channels?

If this is correct, then your new antenna (indoor?) is good for digital channels only. It will not be able to receive these analogue channels.

How did you receive tv signals previously?

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"no more malaysian channel" - I assume you meant analogue channels?

If this is correct, then your new antenna (indoor?) is good for digital channels only. It will not be able to receive these analogue channels.

How did you receive tv signals previously?

Thru the wall point.. Old school way

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Thru the wall point.. Old school way
if it is matv, regardless of HDB or condo, try to use it for your signal source for your new tv. If you are lucky, you may get both the digital and the analogue signals.

If it is scv point, you still can get the digital signal if your new tv has a built-in dvb-c tuner. And analogue channels as before.

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
I understand that the Starhub box, even without subscription, can act as a DVB-C tuner?

Starhub commercial channels are sent via encrypted DVB-C. FTA channels are not encrypted; I am using the Starhub cable point to view them on PC using a DVB-C/T2 TV card. You can "in theory" buy a DVB-C decoder box to view the channels. Starhub does not guarantee that the channels work, so do not contact them or us for support.

Anyway, here are the channel settings for tuning purposes
(Symbol Rate: 6875, Modulation: QAM 256)

562 MHz : [SD] Okto
642 MHz : [SD] Ch 5, Ch 8, Suria, Vasantham, CNA, Ch U

370 MHz : [HD] Ch 5
514 MHz : [HD] Ch 8, Suria, Vasantham, CNA, Ch U, Okto

594 MHz : [SD] KaraOK!
466 MHz : [SD] SuperSports

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Starhub commercial channels are sent via encrypted DVB-C. FTA channels are not encrypted; I am using the Starhub cable point to view them on PC using a DVB-C/T2 TV card. You can "in theory" buy a DVB-C decoder box to view the channels. Starhub does not guarantee that the channels work, so do not contact them or us for support.

Anyway, here are the channel settings for tuning purposes (QAM 256)
642 MHz : [SD] Ch 5, Ch 8, Suria, Vasantham, CNA, Ch U
370 MHz : [HD] Ch 5
514 MHz : [HD] CNA, Vasantham, Suria, Okto, Ch 8, Ch U
594 MHz : [SD] KaraOK!
466 MHz : [SD] SuperSports
Off-topic here. But does it still work on your tv card?

my Hisense TV connected to wall cable point (I guess it is SCV from Starhub as I can see those encrypted channel). I am able to watch HD5, HD8, ChanelNewsAsia HD in the past 3 months, but a few days ago HD5 channel became not available from TV's channel list. Today I re-tune the channel, then all the HD channel gone. I was watching HD8 right before I start to re-tune. It receives digital non-HD channel at 642MHz. How strange it is. Any expert has any comment? Thanks in advance.

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
Off-topic here. But does it still work on your tv card?
Yes. Still working for my TV card, was actually rescanning the card to confirm frequency when writing original post.
(Edit: updated post to include Okto SD)

How long is your cable? Perhaps electrical interference? Had that problem with a 5 m cable to my other TV. Have to move the cable away from other cables and appliance.

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. Still working for my TV card, was actually rescanning the card to confirm frequency when writing original post.
(Edit: updated post to include Okto SD)
Thanks for sharing.

How long is your cable? Perhaps electrical interference? Had that problem with a 5 m cable to my other TV. Have to move the cable away from other cables and appliance.
Actually it is not my problem. Just cross post from the other thread, hoping to get a faster response. Not disappointed :)

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to tune into M'sian channels with their STB?
Post #468 in this thread. But location not shared.

Edit: found 2 more cases:

Post #108 Location Jurong West
Post #340 Location Seletar Hills

Those staying/living in the north, with high gain outdoor antenna plus amplifier thrown in stand a better chance.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105556295-post40.html

Edit: Malaysia adopted the outdoor reception mode for their DVB-T2 deployment. Indoor antenna has very little chance of receiving their digital signals.

Last edited:

incubus07

Reaction score
im suddenly not getting signal for CH5 and Suria. Everything was working fine before not sure what happened. Tried searching for the channels again and this time CH5 and Suria didnt get picked up at all.

Did mediacorp change anything on their side? Or anyone else of you facing the same prob?
Currently no antenna nor additional setup boxes. Using everything built in on the LGTV 42LA690T-TB

hikarux3

Reaction score
im suddenly not getting signal for CH5 and Suria. Everything was working fine before not sure what happened. Tried searching for the channels again and this time CH5 and Suria didnt get picked up at all.

Did mediacorp change anything on their side? Or anyone else of you facing the same prob?
Currently no antenna nor additional setup boxes. Using everything built in on the LGTV 42LA690T-TB

having the same problem but only to hd channels. Living at North area.

hikarux3

Reaction score
same actually. I just lost okto as im typing this

I'm using samsung 50ku6000 no antenna used. Only connected to scv wallpoint.
I can find sd channel of channel 8, u, 5, okto, suria and cna but unable to find hd channels of it. Few weeks ago I'm still able to watch all of the hd channels except for channel u.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.