MS Surface Phone

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno leh. Surface phone may be interesting. But what's the incentives using a windows mobile?? Both android and iOS are already so mature with apps as well as their ecosystems. How is Microsoft going to persuade consumers into windows mobile??

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah u are back bro. Simply said there is No reason to cum back unless they release phone running full w10. Or else really is pointless. Latest news is they have managed to demonstrate w10 running on 835 but just yesterday intel was threatening lawsuit as they claim it infringes on their patents ....
Bottom line, won't be so soon lah
Also, even if can run on mobile device, most desktop apps will look too small and too difficult I use on a mobile sized device

I dunno leh. Surface phone may be interesting. But what's the incentives using a windows mobile?? Both android and iOS are already so mature with apps as well as their ecosystems. How is Microsoft going to persuade consumers into windows mobile??

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah u are back bro. Simply said there is No reason to cum back unless they release phone running full w10. Or else really is pointless. Latest news is they have managed to demonstrate w10 running on 835 but just yesterday intel was threatening lawsuit as they claim it infringes on their patents ....
Bottom line, won't be so soon lah
Also, even if can run on mobile device, most desktop apps will look too small and too difficult I use on a mobile sized device
I watched the demo video. Interesting to run x86 apps. Good for ARM computing. But phones? There is still 1 unanswered question: how do use x86 apps on mobile devices?? First of all, the apps are not even mobile friendly. You said it bro. Running mobile apps on desktops is easy but not the other way round.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

TheSnail

Reaction score
I think this only goes back to phone manufacturers being able to install Full Win10, not a mobile or half-cocked version of it - taking advantage of the Universal Apps from the Store.

As the report says......"Our products include operating systems; cross-device productivity applications" and so long as their operating system can work on a phone then the idea is not, in itself. dead. There is an irony to be thought of for Nokia to be brave enough to fit a full Win10 onto a phone/phablet and be at the front of an idea instead of last to the party.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When will they announce the damned ultimate mobile device.
Dude, I think its gone. Even if it comes and its a big IF, it will most likely b a full windows OS running on a mobile device. With Intel threatening to sue due to the recent demonstration of SD running full windows 10, I dont think this is gonna happen anytime soon.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Very stale here. Let's add some fresh air. Foldable tablet running full Windows anyone?

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i do think the timing is out..
but perhaps they wanted to see how Samsung & Huawei manage the screen

SurfaceDuo-3_575px.jpg

I see good use for it...but why its android?

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i do think the timing is out..
but perhaps they wanted to see how Samsung & Huawei manage the screen

SurfaceDuo-3_575px.jpg

I see good use for it...but why its android?
wah bro, didn't know you are a windows mobile fan also. Sadly, this is the final straw for me, i stuck with windows mobile all the way to the end (still have a Hp elite x3) and this is how they reward us, with an android phone... No thanks. if i want android, i have the fold or the V50 dual screen. The latter is identical and is available now at a good price.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah bro, didn't know you are a windows mobile fan also. Sadly, this is the final straw for me, i stuck with windows mobile all the way to the end (still have a Hp elite x3) and this is how they reward us, with an android phone... No thanks. if i want android, i have the fold or the V50 dual screen. The latter is identical and is available now at a good price.
u have V50 dual screen?
later have chance to see?
:)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, how to find Start Menu like winmo for android, thank you

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.