ONE is here. XZ1, XZ1 Compact, X1.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should be referring to the dual or triple flagship strategy by Sony.

And it is not directly related to the product life cycle, where Sony has good record of firmware updates.

Huh...what are you talking about ? Nobody is talking about firmware updates. It is apparent that Sony releases new products faster than other manufacturers hence they could potentially confuse consumers who aren't keeping updated.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh...what are you talking about ? Nobody is talking about firmware updates. It is apparent that Sony releases new products faster than other manufacturers hence they could potentially confuse consumers who aren't keeping updated.

Sony does not intend to release a phone for sale in the market for only a few months.
They do have two or three flagships in the same year, but that does not mean older phone stops production or selling.

Nowadays it is common to sell new and old products together.
People are still buying the older PS4 despite the new PS4 pro and slim are available now.

Sony does release premium phones twice yearly, but consumers can do a simple Google to find out easily.
We are no longer living in the age of only TVs and newspapers.

stan216

Reaction score
Spend the xtra money and got for XZs man, dont settle for less.
Me no like large sized phones leh... :vijayadmin:

How long do you plan to hold on the phone ?
If you are serial upgrader, you can buy and get the next gen 6 months later at a cheaper price. Sony has a very short product life cycle for their Xperia lineup.
I think OP is those who only upgrade phone every two years, similar to those telco contract term.

By the way, it is not Sony phones that have short product life cycle.
They do support and update their phones more than most other phone makers.

They only introduce more premium or flagship phones in a year, and the older model gets price reduction faster.

Similar to many Android phones, buying the phone after a few months of its release is a lot cheaper.
That's right, I'm not a serial upgrader. I follow the telco's contract term.
On the software size, the Z3C is also not going to get Nougat, plus I got it like 8 months after its release. So in a sense, I "lost" about 8 months of software support; I hope to get my next phone on release date this time.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me no like large sized phones leh... :vijayadmin:

That's right, I'm not a serial upgrader. I follow the telco's contract term.
On the software size, the Z3C is also not going to get Nougat, plus I got it like 8 months after its release. So in a sense, I "lost" about 8 months of software support; I hope to get my next phone on release date this time.

I understand your feelings, since my previous Z3 also did not get nougat which the blame was put on the chip maker.

I would have expect Sony to at least push some Android security updates even though it is stuck on marshmallows.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony does not intend to release a phone for sale in the market for only a few months.
They do have two or three flagships in the same year, but that does not mean older phone stops production or selling.

Nowadays it is common to sell new and old products together.
People are still buying the older PS4 despite the new PS4 pro and slim are available now.

Sony does release premium phones twice yearly, but consumers can do a simple Google to find out easily.
We are no longer living in the age of only TVs and newspapers.

Again...I never mention anything about Sony selling phones for only a few months. It is true that within a normal calendar year Sony has more than 1 flagship device and to some people it IS confusing. Not everyone keeps up to date on such stuff. And don't need to be so defensive about "protecting" the Sony brand. It isn't necessary a bad thing as some certain users prefer to have new options without waiting for the yearly "refreshes"

This is the last post I will make on this subject as this clearly isn't going to be "neutral" discussion.

Last edited:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Again...I never mention anything about Sony selling phones for only a few months. It is true that within a normal calendar year Sony has more than 1 flagship device and to some people it IS confusing. Not everyone keeps up to date on such stuff. And don't need to be so defensive about "protecting" the Sony brand. It isn't necessary a bad thing as some certain users prefer to have new options without waiting for the yearly "refreshes"

This is the last post I will make on this subject as this closely isn't going to be "neutral" discussion.

You got it wrong again.

I agreed with you that it can be confusing for some, but some people can do simple research nowadays using Google.

I pointed out that Sony had more than one flagship phone in a year, where is that defensive tone?

I never say it is either a good or bad idea for Sony's strategy.
You simply shown that you are unhappy about their decision.

All along I just wanted to discuss about how product life cycle has been different from past concepts.

Cheers

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony (or any other phone brand) shouldn't launch more than 1 flagship within a year i feel..

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some people prefer the fruity brand, to have only a few phones to buy. :D

Fruity S size
Fruity M size
Fruity L size

Indeed.. They complain Android phone got too many models to choose.

Apple should start manufacturing cars. Those iSheep with tiny brain can choose from one or 2 Apple car model only. Easy for them..

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Saw on YouTube some rumored images of xz1.. Those bezeless phones really look super nice... I hope they are true n release in mid next year, at least I can use my xzs for a year before changing

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XZ1 Compact?
yWnNInV.jpg

Comes with Android 8.0 :eek:

Donten

Reaction score
small phone users you guys excited? Xz compact might come as early as Sept 10. My only wish is for them to reduce top and bottom bezel.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
small phone users you guys excited? Xz compact might come as early as Sept 10. My only wish is for them to reduce top and bottom bezel.

ONLY if front speakers are retained.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First set of leak photos of the new Xperia coming in a few weeks time(IFA 2017)~

This two photos below is supposing to be the new compact Xperia flagship aka. XZ1 Compact~
drkxwjY.jpg

JotqAAN.jpg

↑Notice the new fingerprint sensor placement, a first for Xperia but looks out of place on an Xperia :o

This photo below is supposing to be the Xperia XZ1, overall still looks similar to the Xperia XZ/XZs~
NulmjGv.jpg

↑Notice the Android version number, it's the latest Android 8 and it's being rumored that Sony may be the first 3rd party Android OEM to launch phones with Android 8.

Source: Sony吧 on Baidu Tieba
4sMUcng.jpg

F19Sin1.jpg

Cd3A26D.jpg

Gr3PCN1.jpg

Donten

Reaction score
First set of leak photos of the new Xperia coming in a few weeks time(IFA 2017)~

This two photos below is supposing to be the new compact Xperia flagship aka. XZ1 Compact~
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/drkxwjY.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/JotqAAN.jpg[/IMG]
↑Notice the new fingerprint sensor placement, a first for Xperia but looks out of place on an Xperia :o

This photo below is supposing to be the Xperia XZ1, overall still looks similar to the Xperia XZ/XZs~
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/NulmjGv.jpg[/IMG]
↑Notice the Android version number, it's the latest Android 8 and it's being rumored that Sony may be the first 3rd party Android OEM to launch phones with Android 8.

Source: Sony吧 on Baidu Tieba
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/4sMUcng.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/F19Sin1.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/Cd3A26D.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/Gr3PCN1.jpg[/IMG]

side fingerprint scanner is better imo. cleaner look. the forehead and chin still garbage...

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
side fingerprint scanner is better imo. cleaner look. the forehead and chin still garbage...
I made a mistake haha..

The XZ1 and XZ1 Compact will still feature a side fingerprint sensor.

This is the XZ1 Compact:
Gr3PCN1.jpg

The XZ1 Compact will feature a similar design to the X Compact.

The Xperia that has a back fingerprint sensor could be a new unknown Xperia, likely to come with Snapdragon 660:
drkxwjY.jpg

JotqAAN.jpg

Could be a new mid-range Xperia~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.